Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you're not partial to Nvidia, I would consider getting a 7970 GHZ Edition. It's going to be cheaper at current prices and better performance with the latest 12.11 drivers. For a single 1080p monitor setup you could easily settle with a 7950, as my 7950 nets me 85-130 FPS in BF3 ultra (depending on the map)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
    Only two things I'd change.

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/part/inte...sdsc2cw180a310

You will want the extra storage to make sure you are a few years compatible, and its a slight cost increase. Allows you install a extra program or two that you want on your SSD. This intel drive is also very reliable.

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/part/seag...ve-st3000dm001

Get this instead of the green. You want the 7200 spin speed, and its double the space for little more money.
    About the SSD: it uses a SandForce controller, I'd avoid that like the plague. All about speed but no reliability. The Samsung 830 is really only second to the 840, on the market right now, but the #1 bracket is essentially shared.

About the HDD: Seagate Barracudas have a knack for awesomely high failure rates. Also, 7200RPM, I have found personally is overrated. The read/write speed increases are so minimal it's hilarious. And I would know, I've tested with my own WD Caviar Blue 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, and WD Green 5900RPM. The Green is neck and neck with the Blue pretty much and both are ahead of the Barracuda.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

@Nathane -- more than likely going to go with a Razer keyboard; I currently use a Razer Naga mouse at work and at home.

@Nab -- the reason I didn't go with that CPU was it was sold out on a lot of the sites I was looking at; since my wife is doing most of the buy I wanted to keep it more simple for her even though it's more expensive. I am going to swap out the mobo like you suggested. The reason I swapped out the video card is due to price; I wanted to keep it a little lower being that it seems both cards are over kill for WoW anyway; plus I think the other one looks sweet lol... As for case, it was something I picked out because I always wanted a full tower. I used to build PC's a lot back in early 2000 and I always built mid towers. Thus this time around I wanted a full tower.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
    Wait for the new Ivy Bridge generation to come out.
    The i5-3570K/i7-3770K are Ivy Bridge. >_>

Came out over 6 months ago.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    When buying a mouse,keyboard, or headset always go razor dude. Its a more expensive but they make they shit to last.
    If you're concerned about longevity, Razer should not be your top priority.
    Playing since 2007.

@anyone suggesting different storage drive -- the caviar green is really cheap right now on newegg, going to pick that up for now. will more than likely eventually upgrade to a better, but for starters it's fine to store music / movies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jds433 View Post
    @anyone suggesting different storage drive -- the caviar green is really cheap right now on newegg, going to pick that up for now. will more than likely eventually upgrade to a better, but for starters it's fine to store music / movies.
    fine choice only thing i would change would be cpu cooler imo (but you can always do that later down the road when that 212 hyper isn´t good enough)
    enjoy an otherwise beastly build for the many years to come.