Deleted

[Fire] Mage Bomb clarification

I want to apologise in advance for making this thread. I know there are threads about this, but everywhere I read about it people have split opinions.

What is the best Mage bomb to use as a Fire Mage in what scenario???

Some say Frost bomb for single target, others say Nether Tempest. Some say Living bomb for Aoe, some say frost bomb. I've even seen people saying Living bomb is the best for single target!

Please help me.

It really doesn't matter, pick which one you like, I make my mage go frostfire sometimes, so I use frost bomb and FFB as my main nuke.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

They are all pretty much at parity for single target.

LB is best for small cleaves (think 3 or so targets - close together).
    NT is good for slightly bigger packs, a bit more spread out.
    FB gets good for bigger AoE packs, e.g. 5-6+

As far as which one is better for a fire mage in particular. It doesn't really matter. None of them do anything specific for the fire spec.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    They are all pretty much at parity for single target.

LB is best for small cleaves (think 3 or so targets - close together).
    NT is good for slightly bigger packs, a bit more spread out.
    FB gets good for bigger AoE packs, e.g. 5-6+

As far as which one is better for a fire mage in particular. It doesn't really matter. None of them do anything specific for the fire spec.
    Slightly wrong - Single Target Frost Bomb is slightly behind the other two, NT/LB *roughly* equal, though NT is a bit better.
    Else correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Slightly wrong - Single Target Frost Bomb is slightly behind the other two, NT/LB *roughly* equal, though NT is a bit better.
    As I said, pretty much at parity for all intents and purposes.

The theoretical delta between them is too small for someone like the OP to take advantage of. If he could, he wouldn't be here asking the question in the first place.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

Deleted
    As I was reminded of earlier today, a lof of "Which mage bomb is best" will depend on your spec in particularly your haste... I will attempt to make a list of different haste levels sometime to see who what and where.

Tempest is best in practice, because you can clip the last dot which makes it easier to weave into your rotation smoothly.

Other than that, ITT people pretend wow is played on paper

Deleted
    Tempest is best cause you can clip the last dot, you seriously capable on refreshing NT on the last tick... at 0.7 seconds per tick?

Nether Tempest is the best for single-target situations.
    Living Bomb is the best for three-target situations, and only a little bit behind Nether Tempest on single target.
    Frost Bomb is the best on AoE situations, noticably behind Living Bomb and Nether Tempest but not so much that it matters. The low cooldown simply "interrupts" your regular rotation a little too much, making it the less desirable choice.
    Source: www.wowhead.com/guide=547

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    Tempest is best in practice, because you can clip the last dot which makes it easier to weave into your rotation smoothly.

Other than that, ITT people pretend wow is played on paper
    Also ITT, people who don't know that you can refresh LB, and that it's easier to refresh LB than NT without missing a tick!

can != should

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    can != should
    What he means is, much like NT you can clip LB on the last tick and still get the full benefit of the spell, ie the explosion. Where as in Cata a clip would result in no explosion.

Nether Tempest pulls just ahead for single target..........JUST!

Quote Originally Posted by Delabus View Post
    Nether Tempest pulls just ahead for single target..........JUST!
    How big of a difference are we talking here?

And this thread just highlights the reason for this question. In this thread alone we have claims that both Frost Bomb and Nether Tempest are best for single target, and I'm sure there are plenty of other threads about that have claimed Living Bomb is.

It'd be good if people would maybe post some numbers to back up their claims on this issue. I know namliam has in other threads.

Living Bomb is generally the best out of the 2 (I'm going to ignore frost bomb because frost bomb becomes useless after you get Light of the Cosmos) because it's easier to control it with Fire Blast glyph; so unless you're on Patchwerk, LB is a better bet.

On Gara'jal's spirit realm, it is a bit up to you. NT can be nice, but you gotta keep in mind that it takes a while to DoT them all up and your ele shaman can just burst them down before your NT even gets 3 procs in, meanwhile, LB is spread quickly and you can focus on bursting some of them down or the big add (the ones linked to the tank).

Quote Originally Posted by Kendeura View Post
    Living Bomb is generally the best out of the 2 (I'm going to ignore frost bomb because frost bomb becomes useless after you get Light of the Cosmos) because it's easier to control it with Fire Blast glyph; so unless you're on Patchwerk, LB is a better bet.
    Frost Bomb doesn't trigger LotC but as a Fire Mage that is not a problem.
    Due to your mastery, literally every single one of your useful spells applies a DoT effect. You are not going to have any problems triggering it.