Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Civics don't have higher insurance rates because they are known for racing, its because Civics are targeted the most by thieves. There are certain cars in certain colors that are usually broken into or stolen.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    My buddy had a purple Ford Probe all through college that he bought for $600. A coworker has a 2000 Buick Regal with 180k miles on it that he bought 65k miles ago for $2500. Don't be afraid of mileage.
    Well at the same time, your friends cars had to have a decent amount of work done to them to last that long. Honda's, Toyota's, Nissan's, Jeep's can all last very long, I'm talking like 250k+, but that doesn't mean people don't put any work into them.
    It is good to look for lower mileage because there is less risk with the car needing repairs right away or just breaking down. Never buy a car from someone just because you know them personally or they seem nice, because when it comes down to it they just want to get the car off the lot.

Try to find a honda accord. Best car I've ever owned. 260k miles and works just fine.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Well ty for the advice everyone. I'm buying the car in about 5 days hopefully so if anyone has more suggestions feel free to point them out.

Also went on craigslist again and found one dealership that I saw about three different cars that I was liking, so, hopefully they actually do have them.

Edit: Poser, what year is your car? I know I shouldn't be too picky but may as well ask. Also, how many MPG do you seem to get? Cause I see most of them appear to be under 20 MPG city.

Deleted
    Toyota Corolla is a perfect car for new users. Pretty solid, good comfort and you will be able to sell it again later. I can recommend it but I'm also working at Toyota so

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    Toyota Corolla is a perfect car for new users. Pretty solid, good comfort and you will be able to sell it again later. I can recommend it but I'm also working at Toyota so
    Well, I've heard good things about them anyway, so, they're on my list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Saturn SL-2. Cheap and reliable.
    This guy knows whats up. You can also look a older Jettas, 1998 and up.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    This guy knows whats up. You can also look a older Jettas, 1998 and up.
    Honestly, the only reason I wouldn't want to buy a Saturn S series is because they're very ugly, lol. They also don't get the best MPG. Jettas are generally more expensive also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a Golf IV. Those things are amazing, true story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Under $9000. GL getting a car under 100k miles that won't shit on you or have some kind of hidden issue that you won't find out until it is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    Under $9000. GL getting a car under 100k miles that won't shit on you or have some kind of hidden issue that you won't find out until it is too late.
    Wow, what an amazing suggestion, I didn't even remember posting "if you can, please don't tell me what car, just tell me I don't have enough money for a decent car." oh wait... But yeah, my friend has found several cars on craigslist etc. For under $4000 that ran perfect, so, go ahead and make shit up elsewhere.