Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Bloodsail Admiral bekilrwale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sarasota Fl.
    Posts
    1,148
    Women and men are not 100% equal, you would think that is kind of easy to recognize. The government shouldn't be able to tell businesses how much they are allowed to charge for a service, that sounds like a slippery slope.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

  2. #42
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,337
    Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    Women and men are not 100% equal, you would think that is kind of easy to recognize. The government shouldn't be able to tell businesses how much they are allowed to charge for a service, that sounds like a slippery slope.
    They don't, they just say you can't charge a man or woman more for the same service/time just because of their sex.
    Shit like this actually goes through your fucking brain?

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord Trollskalden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I mörkaste Småland
    Posts
    4,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    I got the impression that they were doing it because they were legally required to. The second paragraph of the OP starts with, "Sweden's anti-discrimination laws are as bizarre as they are magical." Did I miss something, or did the author of the article just choose a poor way to express his point? The whole paragraph seems to refer to national laws.
    See my previous post. The article is very biased.

  4. #44
    Mechagnome Liagala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The author is using vague language and spin to paint it as a national thing, when it's municipal law. Read Tomatketchup's big post above, He goes point by point to debunk it.
    So he does. That's what I get for skipping posts. I see so many posts that are arguing with someone line-by-line like that and they almost always turn into a whole lot of "NO U" playground garbage. After a while you just start passing right over anything in that single-line-quote, response, single-line-quote, response format. My apologies.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Also, about the removal of gender pronouns: not quite as crazy as you'd think.

    In my job in the income protection insurance business, I see a lot of policy documents. Official documents, very important. You will not find a single use of female pronouns in the entire thing. It is all 'he and his', all male. Even when referring to potentially female claimants.

    There's a clause that states that the male pronoun usage is intended to refer to any claimant, but what message does it send? Males are important enough to mention, females not? Is it really so difficult to replace every male pronoun to the more gender neutral 'their' and 'them'?

    I don't know. I can understand why it seems so OTT and crazy, but all these little subconscious clues build up without you even realising.
    The problem is, that we just live too good, we have too much money and too much to eat.
    So all the fucking retards have to make up some problems, like that what you said, i mean WHO THE FUCK CARES?
    We should stop seeing problems if there aren't any.

    In most western countrys woman have the same rights, the same income (if they would work the same ammount) etc.
    But they ARE woman, and men ARE men, if you want to change that then goodbye future, i hope i won't live that long...
    CPU:i5-3570k@0,930V MB:ASUS P8Z77-V GPU:GTX 680 Lightning RAM:8GB DDR3 1600

  6. #46
    Almost as ridiculous as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfRsvv_LoC4

    Any ideea why 18-22 yo would play with toy guns ? Cause I'm drawing a blank here.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Almost as ridiculous as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfRsvv_LoC4

    Any ideea why 18-22 yo would play with toy guns ? Cause I'm drawing a blank here.
    Because "growing up" is no fun? I look forward to having kids in part because I'll be able to do goofy shit with them without people looking at me like I'm some ignorant man-child. I pay my bills, thank you. Doesn't mean I don't want to play when I have downtime.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  8. #48
    Scarab Lord Trollskalden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I mörkaste Småland
    Posts
    4,107
    Quote Originally Posted by klmg8 View Post
    That's gold. Swedish men were once vikings who burned, pillaged and fought there way around Europe now they're just all bunch of little sissy girls.
    All we Swedes want is equality, sure, there are a lot of whiny bitches who wants absolutely everything streamlined with the exception of our genitals, but saying all Swedes are a bunch of sissy girls is like saying that all Americans are a bunch of rednecks or that all Russians are commies.

    Besides, leave the viking stuff to Norwegians and Danes, I prefer if Sweden's military history is affiliated with our caroleans and Gustav II Adolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Because "growing up" is no fun? I look forward to having kids in part because I'll be able to do goofy shit with them without people looking at me like I'm some ignorant man-child. I pay my bills, thank you. Doesn't mean I don't want to play when I have downtime.
    Also, this. Love my younger cousins, you can be super goofy and still be super cool.

  9. #49
    Titan peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in England.
    Posts
    13,796
    £50 for a haircut?! i would rather cut it myself!!
    Signature pending

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    All we Swedes want is equality, sure, there are a lot of whiny bitches who wants absolutely everything streamlined with the exception of our genitals, but saying all Swedes are a bunch of sissy girls is like saying that all Americans are a bunch of rednecks or that all Russians are commies.

    Besides, leave the viking stuff to Norwegians and Danes, I prefer if Sweden's military history is affiliated with our caroleans and Gustav II Adolf.

    Also, this. Love my younger cousins, you can be super goofy and still be super cool.
    Got into Swedish history thanks to a goofy alternate history book, and it's a damn shame that Gustav Adolf got himself killed. Would have been interesting to see the world he would have created.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  11. #51
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    £50 for a haircut?! i would rather cut myself!!
    Fixed that for you
    Tumblr approved "subversive and fake trans-ally rape enabler", "Color-blind racist", and "Hetero-white privilege possessing hate monger"

  12. #52
    Titan peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in England.
    Posts
    13,796
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Fixed that for you

    i suppose that also works :|
    Signature pending

  13. #53
    Scarab Lord Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,701
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...of-lost-women/


    Man, this is insane. Does anyone think this Cultural Marxism? Why aren't these men and women allowed to express themselves as they wish without being called a bigot or privileged? Sure, nobody should be discriminated against and it shouldn't be encouraged, but stuff like this seems....inhuman. It doesn't matter which country these sorts of things take place in, as the principles behind these policies ought to be attacked. Free expression is being silenced under the guise of egalitarianism.
    Because Sweden is fucked up. Still a lot of work to be done to take the power from the crazies.

    Oh and I pay 25£ for "short back and sides" but I still think that's hell of a lot for such a simple haircut.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    ''Cultural Marxism''? please stop spewing out bullshit you don't know a fuck about.
    Seconded. Sort of reminds me of that clip of some random person calling Obama a communist, but she had no idea what a communist was when asked.

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord Trollskalden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I mörkaste Småland
    Posts
    4,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Got into Swedish history thanks to a goofy alternate history book, and it's a damn shame that Gustav Adolf got himself killed. Would have been interesting to see the world he would have created.
    Ring of Fire, eh? But yes, darn shame, would've loved if Sweden kept at least some kind of colony. *cough* Gustavia *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Because Sweden is fucked up. Still a lot of work to be done to take the power from the crazies.

    Oh and I pay 25£ for "short back and sides" but I still think that's hell of a lot for such a simple haircut.
    What crazies? I think Sweden is fairly civilized, with the exception of SD (lol 400 000 euro = 40 000 billion kronor).

  16. #56
    Titan peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in England.
    Posts
    13,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Because Sweden is fucked up. Still a lot of work to be done to take the power from the crazies.

    Oh and I pay 25£ for "short back and sides" but I still think that's hell of a lot for such a simple haircut.
    £25? ouch :P i pay £7 :P womens haircuts are extremely expensive though, my sister pays like £70 a time.
    Signature pending

  17. #57
    Scarab Lord Trollskalden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I mörkaste Småland
    Posts
    4,107
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    £25? ouch :P i pay £7 :P womens haircuts are extremely expensive though, my sister pays like £70 a time.
    10 pounds here. Then again, my barber always gives me the same Arab-style haircut so there ya go.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Ring of Fire, eh? But yes, darn shame, would've loved if Sweden kept at least some kind of colony. *cough* Gustavia *cough*

    What crazies? I think Sweden is fairly civilized, with the exception of SD (lol 400 000 euro = 40 000 billion kronor).
    Aye, Ring of Fire. A little thick on the "America is awesome," but historically probably pretty close to accurate on the general personalities of the major players involved, based on everything I can find.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  19. #59
    Scarab Lord Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Ring of Fire, eh? But yes, darn shame, would've loved if Sweden kept at least some kind of colony. *cough* Gustavia *cough*

    What crazies? I think Sweden is fairly civilized, with the exception of SD (lol 400 000 euro = 40 000 billion kronor).
    Don't think it's fair to judge an entire political party because some individual... thought wrong or w/e. Judge parties for their politics. And by crazies I mean mostly "The environment party", but the other left parties aren't so much better.

    And just because some, imo,"crazies" rule the country doesn't mean the population is uncivilized, not sure how you come to that conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  20. #60
    Scarab Lord Trollskalden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I mörkaste Småland
    Posts
    4,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Don't think it's fair to judge an entire political party because some individual... thought wrong or w/e. Judge parties for their politics. And by crazies I mean mostly "The environment party", but the other left parties aren't so much better.

    And just because some, imo,"crazies" rule the country doesn't mean the population is uncivilized, not sure how you come to that conclusion.
    SvD's politics is just like the Social Democrats; It's inconsistent. SvD claims they're not a racist party, yet they don't fire the guys that harassed strangers in the middle of town with racist remarks, while videotaping it. And even worse, Jimmy Åkesson, the very party leader of SvD doesn't condemn the actions and doesn't want to take a stance on the issue, despite saying they're non-tolerant towards racism. As a single-issue politics directed at just immigration you'd expect them to take it more seriously than just being the Swedish equalivents of Republicans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •