Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    90-99% of players in bgs at night are bots , I don't know about arena but i haven't seen many bots there.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amherian View Post
    90-99% of players in bgs at night are bots , I don't know about arena but i haven't seen many bots there.
    Write a bot that can win arena matches and I'll tip my hat to you, good sir.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Can anyone cite a recent banwave in WoW?

I stand by my statement, banwaves are a myth. The only banwave in recent years was in D3 because it was cutting into their RMAH profits by inflating the economy.
    There was one in January. I dunno about more recently than that.

Gotta find and fix the exploit before banning is even worth blizzards time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Some bots are just flagrant though. Flying level 85s in panda land mining, gimme a break. Blizz is lazy and/or dumb.

Everyone and his little sister is botting in BG's at the moment.

I don't know what is blizzard doing about this , like seriously if you queue for a BG at night , You maybe the only player in both sides. It has been like this for like a year now. Is blizzard even trying to fix it or Will i get another " If anyone sees another player suspected of botting, simply use the report feature available in-game " reply & might aswell get forum ban for posting this.
    Either you just have bad luck or I have good luck. I queued for BG's all weekend morning, middle of day, evening and even super late into the night and never ran into more than 1 bot in a BG. Only one that had probably more than that was one Silvershard Mine BG I did. Other than that it was just dumb people.

Original post : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5966308449 , please report this post so maybe someone from blizzard will read it.
    They've stated many times, reporting a post doesn't mean it'll be read and any attention paid to it.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    And at best he'll get a 3hour ban. Lost count on how many I have reported giving all the info they should need over the years. Pretty much nothing happens.
    They ban in a pyramid time frame. Sometimes 3 hours sometimes longer. Secondly you said you gave them all the info they needed so that would mean you gave them the source code to said botting programs? Just because you tell them who is botting gives them very little information. They have to study the patterns/commands the player sends for a lengthy period of time along with a ton of other stuff that is not easily gotten including trying to find out the name and test it on their internal servers to see what they can learn and stop.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2012-11-26 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    And at best he'll get a 3hour ban. Lost count on how many I have reported giving all the info they should need over the years. Pretty much nothing happens.
    From my experience it starts with a 3 - 6 hour suspension for the first offense, followed by a 24 hour suspension for second, 7 day suspension for the third. After that, that's when they seem to perm ban people.

I use to bot for ore/herbs back in BC for 12 hours at a time, and it took them months to figure it out before I received my first "slap" on the wrist. By the time I go the 7 day suspension, I made a ticket claiming my account had been compromised and someone else must had been using it for botting. At that point, they removed the suspension and the account was "free and clear."

Blizzard does a good job of dealing with the bots, it just takes them a while to keep up with all of them around. The major problem isn't them not getting rid of them, its the fact that once their account is perm banned, all the botter has to do is make a new one/purchase one/hack one, and then they are back at botting again.

Write a bot that can win arena matches and I'll tip my hat to you, good sir.
    I have seen people saying they got 1.5k with bots while this is pretty low but still it believe it is possible.

Deleted
    Botting is like a dog taking a crap on nice lawn. You dont clean up the turd (perm account ban) you shot the dog (botter).

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait until the next ban wave comes and the same people that are bitching and moaning about Blizzard apparently doing nothing about it change their argument to "WTF BLIZZ YOU BANNED INNOCENT ME AND THE BOTS?!" and probably a few of the following "BLIZZARD YOU'RE SO AMAZING FOR BANNING BOTS LEMME KISS YOUR FEETS!"

Have seen it happen before... and you know how history does its thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    There was one in January. I dunno about more recently than that.

Gotta find and fix the exploit before banning is even worth blizzards time.
    Do you have a source? Even a forum thread on one of the bot community sites would convince me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    I think Activision - Blizzard wants their numbers to be as pretty as possible for investors, and the players are to suffer as a result. The subscription revenue from the botter accounts is well worth the imbalance of in-game economy, and overall player morale.

I do believe they will ban the botters but they do it in such a way that it comes in waves. It's safe to bot (for now) being so close to the release of MoP, but I feel a wave will hit up soon. After the wave and the bots get updated it will be safe to bot once again for a couple months +
    This, basically. Because MoP is going to show a huge sub loss during 1Q2013. On top of that, the main issue isn't how many botters there are. The main issue is that the popular bots currently suck at PvP. They're far worse than they were prior to 5.0.1, and so, BGs, rather than being able to deal with running with bots, are now reduced to who has less of them when the match starts.

Do you have a source? Even a forum thread on one of the bot community sites would convince me.
    Was informed my link may be against the rules, so I removed it.
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2012-11-26 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Not all bots use injection. I believe this is a banwave for hackers. Hackers =/= bots (in many cases at least).
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2012-11-26 at 06:14 PM.

Never been legal but people do it anyway. I don't do much PvP so I don't encounter them very often but the last time I did Eye of the Storm we had like 75% of our team as bots so it was not possible to win. It really does suck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    It was never illegal in the first place.
    It is illegal, you accept their terms of use when you create an account.

As frustrating as it is to hear, you DO realize that Blizzard GM's have other problems to deal with in addition to bots, right? Its not like reporting one = autoban; they have to investigate it to make sure its legit before dropping the hammer (you know there are people out there who would report someone who is playing better than them out of spite).

And considering how huge the WoW player base is, expecting immediate and sweeping results is unrealistic in the extreme.

As has been discussed multiple times in multiple threads, you either fall in one of two camps:

1. 'Don't worry, Blizz'll fix it!'
    2. 'lol blizz don't do jackshit, they get money from the botters so they'll never ban them lolololololol'

Personally I'm a member of group 1. With that in mind, here's Zarhym openly, and directly, stating that botting is a problem that they are actively working to fix: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6037?page=4#64

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroi View Post
    That means it's against the ToS. You aren't going to jail or getting sued for botting.

Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    Booters are a buch of lazy good for nothing cheating w*****s, and if anyone reading this bots F*** Y** and f*** your family too. t***s.

What happened to the alleged warden software from blizz anyhow?
    It was illegal. You seem mad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroi View Post

You know illegal means against the law right, and not against the rules???