Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The gear disparity for fresh 90s is rediculous.

Starting a season late puts you so far behind, that in a "pvp" setting is just fuc%ing stupid.

-----

My suggestion is give conquest points for each win in arena, instead of by week. (Something like if you win 300 games, you should have enough pts to buy every piece you would need.)

Or better yet, make it like sPvP in Guild Wars 2. Where skill is the only thing that matters, kinda like SC2, Counter-Strike, Halo, Super Smash Bros., Street Fighter, every great pvp game....

"A season late?"

This season is nowhere near half over. What are you talking about? Starting late should have a penalty. The people who have been playing longer than you... have been playing longer than you. WoW is about gear and skill. Not one, not the other. Both.

Dont like pvp in wow, quit playing wow. Pvp has allways been an afterthought in wow.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK what to tell you sir, in my opinion it wasn't that hard to gear a fresh 90 in pvp gear.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Deleted
    My lock has 1 d 5 hours played at 90 and is almost full Deadly (2 bits head + boots - well 3 actually, as no deadly weapon on live). It's not hard or long at all /shrug

The rich get richer mentality is bullshit. Skill is important, gear is bullshit.

T2 weapons should only be a cosmetic upgrade.

Conquest gear takes forever to get.

Arena is fun, but getting barely beat by people in full malevolent with t2 weapons is BULLSHIT. I am sorry that you pansies are afraid of a even playing field, haha quite funny actually.

Deleted
    I agree. You can't even roll alts because many people won't acept you in teams if you don't have t1 weapon.

Gear differences should be based on skills. Not time played. While I understand the "time investement" argument, it's by no means justifiable to discourage people lvling alts mid season. Of course they can still progress, but you can't deny the gear differences doesn't bring unbalances.

Quote Originally Posted by fables429 View Post
    Arena is fun, but getting barely beat by people in full malevolent with t2 weapons is BULLSHIT. I am sorry that you pansies are afraid of a even playing field, haha quite funny actually.
    You strike me as more angry than amused, but claim what you will. And obviously yes, everyone else in this thread started this season on time and is laughing at you because we can actually only win games by exploiting undergeared players that monstrously outskill us.

Come on man, the game has always been very gear-oriented. It's an MMO--what do you expect? If you can't deal with its nuances, go play FPS/RTS/MOBA. The gear grind actually serves a purpose--it keeps the ladders somewhat active while people fill out their gear. If you could get all your gear with no gating like you suggested, not only would each season be a nightmare of a grind the first week, but people would stop playing by the end of the first month. A system should be implemented to help late starters and alts catch up, but unlimited conquest per week isn't the way to do it. Perhaps when a character's season conquest total is behind the curve, it could get a bonus (larger as the season draws on) to let them catch up over the course of a few weeks. Even something like this would have to be implemented carefully though to discourage people only playing the last month of a season.

There's a balance that has to be walked here, and although I'm not a fan of being behind the curve on alts I'd rather everything stay relatively competitive and enjoyable for my main character. Take some solace in that if you're actually managing a decent rating you'll catch up eventually. There should be a point where your competition has completely geared up but you can continue to improve your gear, and that's where you'll be able to climb past them.

I feel like I started late in the season but honestly if you do Sha every week you will make up for what you missed although I have probably been lucky because I got a pvp piece 2 weeks in a row. But I certainly feel like I am not that underhanded at the moment even with out my malv wep.

it takes a couple of days to get full deadly gear. stop complaining

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of laughing at you, I'll post what my plan was when I leveled my PVP alt to 90.

I spent my residual points from 85 and leveling (not much)/my first honor gains on the 2 trinkets.
    I crafted the full contenders set. This includes every piece but the rings/neck/trinkets/weapon. If you have already been in the PVE scene and have some gear gemmed/chanted you can skip the crafted piece in that slot. But remember this: PVP power is god this season, also the 4 piece set bonus is nice.
    I purchased the crafted rings and neck. This part is very optional, but for day 1 relevance in my opinion an important step.
    Run the Arena scenario for the 450 quest weapon. This slot will be a pain to replace. You are at the mercy of RNG for a 463 and yes, you're going to need to cap weekly for the t1 weapon. It's a huge upgrade.

I then enchanted all of my pieces. Especially Windsong.

Beyond that my suggestion is cap conquest and run sha every week.
    Good luck the honor grind for Deadly gear is atrocious.

Although I'm not sure there is a point to complaining about starting late. Everyone that has the gear had to start out exactly where you are. It's kind of the nature of this game.
    Guatama - Enhancement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fables429 View Post
    The rich get richer mentality is bullshit. Skill is important, gear is bullshit.

T2 weapons should only be a cosmetic upgrade.

Conquest gear takes forever to get.

I smell a troll with an alt account. I've been able to gear up two level 90s so far within a couple of days of hitting 90s and be competitive. WoW pvp does require time + skill + gear but that's not a horrible thing.

We all know what happens when there is no emphasis on gear whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why some people expect to have their alts as maxed as their main. Isn't that the reason they're called "alts"?

There needs to be a blue weapon with some pvp power on it. The t1 weapon is such a MASSIVE upgrade for some many classes, especially melee. If you are starting late and dont feel like raiding or even grinding heroics for a 463 blue then you get stuck with a 450 blue for weeks while everyone else has at least a t1 and can be doing 50+% more damage than you purely from the weapon.

The dreadful vs. malevolent difference is doable, but the weapon is too much. You literally cant do arenas at any decent rating without a t1 weapon and expect to kill things.

Deleted
    My suggestion is give conquest points for each win in arena, instead of by week. (Something like if you win 300 games, you should have enough pts to buy every piece you would need.)
    you get CP for each arena win 180 Cp per win, with a 1800 CP cap if you got no/low rating. the RBG cap is even 2200 (which is the max you can earn each week).
    there are enough 1250-1750 CP items too get 1 a week and then you can always try your luck at the sha for another one. beside that you can also do random bg's (or the current one thats being promoted by envoys) too earn CP with the first win a day giving 100 CP and every other win gives 50CP, losing ofc rewards no CP and once agian the cap on that is 1800 CP (shared with arena and rbg).

beside all that you can always easily buy a crafted pvp set and if you lvled through bg's you should have enough HP for atleast 1-3 honor items (if you farm some Justice points when your honor capped, you can turn the justice in for honor at a 375-> 250 rate after spending your HP.)

If you are fresh 90 and need to find a wep do the arena scenario its a good starting wep for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    There needs to be a blue weapon with some pvp power on it. The t1 weapon is such a MASSIVE upgrade for some many classes, especially melee. If you are starting late and dont feel like raiding or even grinding heroics for a 463 blue then you get stuck with a 450 blue for weeks while everyone else has at least a t1 and can be doing 50+% more damage than you purely from the weapon.

The dreadful vs. malevolent difference is doable, but the weapon is too much. You literally cant do arenas at any decent rating without a t1 weapon and expect to kill things.
    I agree. I wouldn't even mind if the honor weapon had been 450 ilevel, as the t1 are 470 vs malevolent 483.

It would be so much better than being paired with people sporting green weapons. And at a low ilevel wouldn't be attractive for PVE users (especially if it requires an honor cap or something similar to malevolent weapons)
    Guatama - Enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    There needs to be a blue weapon with some pvp power on it.
    I agree completely. I don't see how ilvl 450 honor weapons would be game breaking in any way.

To the original point, however, WoW is an mmoRPG. Even if you only want to PvP, improving your character should still be a part of the process.

Yeah, and people that start late in pve should be able to get top gear if they do lfr like 300 times to get heroic drops equilv to what people already have. I mean its unfair that they have better gear then me.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post
    "A season late?"

This season is nowhere near half over. What are you talking about? Starting late should have a penalty. The people who have been playing longer than you... have been playing longer than you. WoW is about gear and skill. Not one, not the other. Both.
    They've effectively increased the gap between pve and pvp geared players contrary to the shit they were feeding us in beta. With PvP gear you not only take less damage from opponents but deal more damage to them.

The gear discrepancy is fucking retarded. A fresh 90 with a full set of the craftable gear will constantly get 100-0 in under 3 seconds by full dreadful geared players with a pvp weapon of basically any class.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15