10+ Year Old Account

Question Killing machine and sudden doom responsiveness improved, have you noticed?

Have you guys noticed an improvement with the recent patch as far as killing machine and sudden doom procs responsiveness being improved. I have noticed as unholy that my machine gun death coils are pretty intense right now, I like it.

"The responsiveness of many abilities and effects has been improved, including: Renewing Mist, Halo, Rogue Poisons, Revealing Strike, Rime, Killing Machine, Maelstrom Weapon, Sudden Doom, Ultimatum, Scent of Blood, Crimson Scourge, and Sudden Death."

I just tested it out doing 2 full lfr raids right now and getting full runed capped using ams to soak up some magic damage with the occasional sudden doom procs and it just unloads much faster. Even with no ams soaking, it just feels more fluid. My ghoul would skyrocket from 0 stacks to 5 in 1 sec with dark infusion having him dark transform much faster in some instances, if they only took out its gcd, that would be even better.

Looking forward to tonight's raid I should see an overall increase in dps. I am assuming since frost you have to choose your procs carefully between frost strike and obliberates it will still not be as carefree when it comes to unloading your runic power. Haven't played frost much at all this expac.

It's a fantastic change. Don't know why they didn't implement this years ago.

I'm guessing there's some hyperbole in here maybe? It's encouraging to know that this change is actually noticeable but I'm confused as to how it's doing what your describing. All the change is meant to have done is fix UI lag, not increase the PPM of KM and SD. I could see a minor DPS increase because of being able to micromanage a little more effectively but the idea that I will be getting more KM procs tomorrow is unexpected.

You sure you just didn't have 2 really good RNG seeds in LFR rather than this change having such a massive impact?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because I play with a constant 12/12 ms and I notice the smallest hiccups, but its just seems the death coil dump is completely fluid now.

I would describe it as this death coil/death coil/death coil/death coil

rather than...... death coil/death coil/pause...sudden doom proc death death coil/death coil

ppm unchanged I never stated an increase
    Last edited by Laroux; 2012-11-28 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laroux View Post
    My ghoul would skyrocket from 0 stacks to 5 in 1 sec with dark infusion having him dark transform much faster in some instances
    But that's kinda what you describe.....hyperbole aside. In truth I had to read your post many times to try and actually understand what your describing but I guess I'm still shy of actually understanding what your really getting at here.

I'm not trying to draw this into semantics I'm just interested that an Unholy DK noticed even noticed the change when the only people I really thought would be effected are the Frost players with the swing timers.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2012-11-28 at 02:12 AM.

I haven't tried unholy yet, but frost seems about the same. I guess killing machine might proc more quickly after each autoattack, but I correctly don't use a swing timer so that doesn't make any difference. Rime might proc more quickly after an obliterate too, but that always seemed pretty quick pre-5.1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    But that's kinda what you describe.....hyperbole aside. In truth I had to read your post many times to try and actually understand what your describing but I guess I'm still shy of actually understanding what your really getting at here.

I'm not trying to draw this into semantics I'm just interested that an Unholy DK noticed even noticed the change when the only people I really thought would be effected are the Frost players with the swing timers.
    The fix was about all the 3 spec where the proc would pop up after the swing landed. Now it should pop when actually the swing land.

I don't understand what Laroux is seeing because if PPM hasn't changed he shouldn't see what he is describing but probably it's me playing with 70-70ms, I don't know, but it's really strange tbh.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I haven't tried unholy yet, but frost seems about the same. I guess killing machine might proc more quickly after each autoattack, but I correctly don't use a swing timer so that doesn't make any difference. Rime might proc more quickly after an obliterate too, but that always seemed pretty quick pre-5.1.
    The problem with Rime was less relevant because even if it popped after 0.5 seconds you OBed you still had to wait other 0.5 seconds to finish the GCD in order to cast HB.