10 man Sha of Fear - help please!

Greetings,

Last night our 10 man guild downed Tsulong and Lei Shi in relatively quick order, and although we only spent an hour or so on Sha, we seemed to have hit a roadblock. The problem seemed to be the same thing every time - the first group that got teleported could not down the angry panda in its pagoda before the second group got teleported as well. That, of course, meant the boss went nuts and destroyed the raid.

I do not believe this is a DPS problem on our part, as we have defeated the DPS checks thus far, and have two heroic bosses (Stone Guard and Feng) on farm.

This is our makeup:

Tanks- Death Knight, Paladin
    DPS- Warlock, Rogue, Kitty, Paladin, Ele Shaman, Shadow Priest
    Heals- Druid and Disc Priest or Monk (the priest was subbed out for the monk, had trouble healing and trying to collect orbs in the pagoda at the same time).

Here are logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y2e6j7mibw1n73d6/

I believe we are doing everything right in terms of execution, but I could be wrong. How do guilds that have been successful on this encounter handle the teleport phase? We tried the tank and healer soaking the orbs to prevent healing, but I think the angry panda was getting healed regardless. We tried just the tank, but I do not think enough of the orbs were soaked in time to prevent healing. And it seems to be a loss of dps for everyone to try and soak them, unfortunately.If anyone could look at our logs and see what is happening (I'm not the best at reading them in-depth) or has any idea on what way to best execute the teleport phase, please let me know. This is very frustrating since I read and see comments from others about how incredibly easy this boss is, yet we were struggling with it (cannot last 3 minutes).

Thank you in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone needs to spread out evenly and grab the orbs. There is no reason to just leave 1 or 2 people to do it. We spread out evenly and grab any orbs that come close. Many times 2 people run to the same orb. You say it is a DPS loss for DPS to grab the orb, but it is far more detrimental to let an orb heal the crossbowman than it is to stop your rotation to grab it. If your dps is fine the only thing hindering you is simply allowing the add to heal up way too much.

It is good to allow classes which benefit more from it to grab orbs where convenient. This means healers, most tanks, energy users, rage users. DPS are compensated for grabbing orb by getting buffs to resource regeneration. HOWEVER, just grabbing the orbs is the most important thing. It doesn't matter if it doesn't benefit the player at all. The orbs NEED to be grabbed in order to get the add down in a timely fashion.

You should really be saving 3m cds for the crossbowman. We pop everything in the beginning during lust but other than that we use all DPS cooldowns on xbow platform. You should not be having a hard time keeping up with the add spawns. You are intended to slowly chip away at the Sha's health over the course of this long fight.

Some attempts you managed to contain it to 1 or 2 orbs which isn't that bad honestly, but on one attempt he managed to heal for 5 million hp. The fact that you are still wiping when he is only healing once leads me to believe dps need to step it up on the xbowman, maybe saving a 3m cd for the first platform.
    Last edited by edlike; 2012-11-27 at 06:51 PM.

My guess is that you're having one of two issues on the platforms, either people aren't grabbing the orbs or the wrong people are grabbing them. Unfortunately WoL reports aren't that useful on this fight as you're out of range of the other group when they leave/ you leave the main plat form. If you're looking for other tips, please watch this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v281zyg-5uY
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

5 ppl will always be sent to the platform even if 1 person is dead 5 people will go and 4 will stay on adds/boss area. Stand between the panda and the pillars in a circle around him. When he does deathbloom or w/e its called I use all my defensive cds and stand in it and dps/grab orbs. This is the time an orb will expire and he will get healed. Ideally you want to kill him right after or during deathbloom. On our kill he seemed to be casting deathbloom sub 20% hp.