Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tigerdirect has the processor I ordered on Black Friday backordered... ):

It was a really good deal (i3 3225 for $60), so I see why it was in high demand, but I had a limit to the amount of money I could use and ended up spending the extra money on a better GPU. Now I'm kind of screwed. I wish it was the GPU that was backordered, because at least then I could build my computer and get some use out of the intel 4000 HD graphics until then.

Does anyone have any experience with Tigerdirect's (or I guess any other online retailer) backordering? The website says that if the item I bought ends up backordered, I'll get an email about a refund or a replacement (which I have yet to receive). But at $60, any replacement I get will suck... I've been so excited to build my computer for the first time, and now I may have to wait forever to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

Deleted
    call customer service and explain the story, tell them that very cpu is key to the whole build you had planned. (and give some sweet talk about giving positive feedback on forums/review sites)
    or atleast that worked for me with my last ati card they gave me as a replacement for a nvidia one.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is why i dont order from tiger anymore

"yeah we have that in stock"

<pay for it>

"it's on backorder"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post

<pay for it>

"it's on backorder"
    I paid $60 for a $130-$140 processor, so I thought it was worth a shot. Never doing that again. Currently on hold with customer service.

Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

Tell them that you'll go there and start punching jaws loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Tell them that you'll go there and start punching jaws loose.
    I'll do that AFTER I get what I paid for. (:

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 04:54 PM ----------

One hour and 50 minutes later, and still on hold... screw you, Cyber Monday.

<pay for it>

"it's on backorder"
    Let us be fair, an i3-3220 @ $60 is pretty sexy, It coulda been like those 600gig raptors on Newegg went on sale for $120 a piece I clicked add to cart SOLD OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Let us be fair, an i3-3220 @ $60 is pretty sexy, It coulda been like those 600gig raptors on Newegg went on sale for $120 a piece I clicked add to cart SOLD OUT.
    Sure, but they could've said something about it. Nothing on my ordering page said it was backordered, and even though their FAQ says they send people emails if something they ordered ended up backordered, I didn't find out until I checked my tigerdirect account page to see what was taking so long to ship out.

Quote Originally Posted by MCMXCIX View Post
    Sure, but they could've said something about it. Nothing on my ordering page said it was backordered, and even though their FAQ says they send people emails if something they ordered ended up backordered, I didn't find out until I checked my tigerdirect account page to see what was taking so long to ship out.
    You must understand w/ digital ordering they can actually get more items processed as sold within minutes before knowing its sold out, now this doesnt excuse their poor inventory but for years now every major player in the digital market has had HUGE issues, BESTBUY (couldnt fill orders) WAL-MART(new site not fully operational) Newegg(same as bestbuy) Tigerdirect/compusa(same as bestbuy) its a very real and obvious issue, which you even study in E-Commerce.

You must understand w/ digital ordering they can actually get more items processed as sold within minutes before knowing its sold out, now this doesnt excuse their poor inventory but for years now every major player in the digital market has had HUGE issues, BESTBUY (couldnt fill orders) WAL-MART(new site not fully operational) Newegg(same as bestbuy) Tigerdirect/compusa(same as bestbuy) its a very real and obvious issue, which you even study in E-Commerce.
    I know, but... I'm just really excited about getting a new computer. I have really bad performance in recent games, and some are literally unplayable. I got less than 1 fps in GW2 with minimum settings, and in WoW I get less than 10 FPS in dungeons, so raids are totally out of the question. Tigerdirect is delaying me being able to play with friends. Damn you, great deals...

10+ Year Old Account
    i cant prove it, but i suspect its more along the lines with "dont update the website so we get the sale" kinda thing

i've had this happen with at least 4 orders that i can think of off the top of my head

it's also painfully obvious when everyone is sold out of something, yet tiger has it in stock

i cant prove it, but i suspect its more along the lines with "dont update the website so we get the sale" kinda thing

i've had this happen with at least 4 orders that i can think of off the top of my head

it's also painfully obvious when everyone is sold out of something, yet tiger has it in stock
    Oh indeed its not excusable I still don't think it would be benefiting them any to sell more than their current stock @ sub retail pricing. It's just bad web maintenance, and planning. If they hold to the price, thats atleast 1 good thing they offer.

Oh indeed its not excusable I still don't think it would be benefiting them any to sell more than their current stock @ sub retail pricing. It's just bad web maintenance, and planning. If they hold to the price, thats atleast 1 good thing they offer.
    I'm trying to do what Shroudster recommended, because I don't want to wait forever to possibly not even get that $60 price. I can't get another processor at a similar price, because not only would they be crappy, but they wouldn't even be compatible. So my two options are trying to get them to give me the same price for a similar e.g. i3 2xxx processor or wait for the possibility of getting it at a later date. I doubt the ability to do both, honestly. Their FAQ says their price protection doesn't affect CPUs because of the "fluctuating industry" or some crap like that. Next time, I'm just gonna buy a super bundle or a prebuilt.

Deleted
    must admit it does require getting in touch with the right kind of sales person who can actually understand the situation you are in.
    in the case of a refund perhaps start looking for a 2nd hand chip else?

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    must admit it does require getting in touch with the right kind of sales person who can actually understand the situation you are in.
    in the case of a refund perhaps start looking for a 2nd hand chip else?
    Second-hand chip... that sounds pretty sketchy, unless I buy from a friend, but I doubt they'd just let me take the processor and nothing else. If all else fails, what I'll have to do is return my 7850 2gb card and get a *gulp* GTX 650... maybe 650 ti...

Deleted
    sketchky part is only an issue if previous owner isn't reliable, lots of people around here upgraded their chip and sell their fine previous chip for a good price.
    no luck with customer service?

sketchky part is only an issue if previous owner isn't reliable, lots of people around here upgraded their chip and sell their fine previous chip for a good price.
    no luck with customer service?
    After 3 hours being on hold, I gave up. I'm gonna call later after the Cyber Monday craziness dies down.

Deleted
    auch , you do understand the point with the call and got the story ready right?

auch , you do understand the point with the call and got the story ready right?
    Yep. It's gonna go something like this: "I've been told many good things about Tigerdirect (buttering up) so I decided to shop there on Black Friday. I ordered X, item ID Y, and it ended up being backordered. I bought the rest of the PC parts I needed based off getting that CPU at the earlier price. I can't just get a refund, because the only kind of item I would be able to buy for a similar price would not be compatible with my parts. I was planning on using the parts to build a computer for a friend whose birthday is next week (working the pity card), and now I'm afraid that if I wait for the item to be back in stock, I'll miss her birthday. I was wondering if there was any way I could get a similar processor at the same price."

Deleted
    don't overdo it might make it harder else, keep the foucs on that the very part is crucial to the whole build you had planned.
    also if replacement is a 2300(2320) it would also be good, slight downgrade but still will yield close to the performance of the original one you ordered.
    also if person does not understand the problem ask for tech support person for the sales department, someone who knows what alternatives are possible instead of someone who has no clue what a cpu is so to speak.