Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Complaint on EU about death penalty

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...death-penalty/

Does anyone else remember how long it took to run back to something as simple as the maze that was Razorfen Downs, and just about every other dungeon in game ever during Vanilla/BV.
    They were LEVELING dungeons, intended for relatively new players, and they were brutal.
    Random elites wandering zones all the time, that if you ran into, GG dead, there's nothing like that anymore, sure they wanted to get us out into the world, but then they made the world boring because of these kind of complaints.
    And people are worried about having to run for like 30 seconds tops to reach their corpse.
    #FaithInHumanityGone

I do agree though that sometimes there are issues when you die in an unreachable spot, but oh well, that's your fault for dying there, deal with it.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Yes, the game is just boring now, but apparantly there are more people who like to have no challange and like the brainless grind
    CPU:i5-3570k@0,930V MB:ASUS P8Z77-V GPU:GTX 680 Lightning RAM:8GB DDR3 1600

When I was first leveling in Pandaria I'd see people run through packs of mobs and die because it was "easier" the navigating them or fighting through them... I mean seriously wtf is that? Players not giving a crap about their survival make terrible players. Death should be penalized, harder than it is now imo. Dying, with exception to few mechanics which don't penalize you, should be considered a failure, not just part of the game. And the things they die to they wouldn't die to if they bothered learning how to play and developing some situational awareness. Getting ganked somewhere inaccessible sucks but dying to major nanners cause you stood in a bananarang... no you take the rez sickness as learn not to stand in it again....

Deleted
    Reading at random complains of people that got spoiled to cap valors and get excalted reps with 7 facerolls per week.
    People complaining about flying
    People complaining about having to do daylies for coins but the coins dont offer 100% chance to loot
    People complaining about daeth penalty with spirit healer being usually outside a dungeon/raids entrance door...

This game evolved in the worse way possible.
    Chased away the people you had fun doing stuff with and kept all the bad seeds...
    My small personal bubble is holding well still. When that changes there is no reason to keep playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Five Words; Sunken BASTARD Temple Corpse Run.
    AGREED! God that place drove me nuts... I get confused at the best of times...

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Five Words; Sunken BASTARD Temple Corpse Run.
    ST wasn't too bad. BRD.....that made me cry. Not only do you get lost finding the entrance, you also get lost once you are inside....lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post

Does anyone else remember how long it took to run back to something as simple as the maze that was Razorfen Downs, and just about every other dungeon in game ever during Vanilla/BV.
    They were LEVELING dungeons, intended for relatively new players, and they were brutal.
    Random elites wandering zones all the time, that if you ran into, GG dead, there's nothing like that anymore, sure they wanted to get us out into the world, but then they made the world boring because of these kind of complaints.
    And people are worried about having to run for like 30 seconds tops to reach their corpse.
    #FaithInHumanityGone

I do agree though that sometimes there are issues when you die in an unreachable spot, but oh well, that's your fault for dying there, deal with it.
    How does it make you a better player or enhance the gaming experience to spend 15 minutes slowly walking back to your corpse?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post

#FaithInHumanityGone

The Razorfen corpse runs were more like 6-7 minutes because the "nearest" graveyard was at Camp T. Okay it was really at the bottom of the Great Lift 2 minutes in the other direction but Barrens was just a horrible mess back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How does it make you a better player or enhance the gaming experience to spend 15 minutes slowly walking back to your corpse?
    Be-because you try harder not to die? There's more incentive to play well and carefully?

Well, no, that's a lie, because everyone just asked for rezzes anyway. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Be-because you try harder not to die? There's more incentive to play well and carefully?

That doesn't work so well when you have random people that get their kicks out of trying to kill their own group members: see recent threads.

My personal NON-favorite was Mauradon, i always got lost in that place, just running around in circles.

Oh and not to forget Utgarde Keep, die on last boss and you spend like 8 minutes running all the way up to get back.
    Last edited by superbotje; 2012-11-27 at 10:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    The Razorfen corpse runs were more like 6-7 minutes because the "nearest" graveyard was at Camp T. Okay it was really at the bottom of the Great Lift 2 minutes in the other direction but Barrens was just a horrible mess back then.
    Oh god. Memories of the blacksmith quest as an aliance in there.
    NO ONE went there. It was Horde territory. Why would we even be anywhere near the barrens?
    Oh thank goodness, a warlock that had a quest there. Okay, here we go.
    Death by strange pigmen we had never seen before.
    Corpse run for 10 minutes. Where IS the entrance?
    Is it this brambly place?
    No, there's undead boars here. Oh shit they're all skull level!
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superbotje View Post
    My personal NON-favorite was Mauradon, i always got lost in that place, just running around in circles.

Oh and not to forget Utgarde Keep, die on last boss and you spend like 8 minutes running all the way up to get back.
    I still get lost there haha. I can find the purple portal but not the others.

OT I think the whole "you need a penalty so we'll waste your time" is a bad idea. People are already complaining about all the time it takes to grind stuff in WoW and this just adds to it. Do we need a penalty for death? Sure we do but it should be something else entirely.

How is it even possible to wipe in any dungeon much less low level dungeons?

Deleted
    The time it takes to run somewhere is part of the penalty of dying.

This is typical current wow mentality. "we want it NOW!!". because if we die and have to run for 5 min the game is bad! why can't we just insta-ress and continue where we left of?

Why don't we just ress right where our corpse died? that way we save plenty of time and we don't have to run at all. Why not give a buff after you ress that increases your stats for 10 min?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superbotje View Post
    SPEAK NOT THE NAME *shudder* >.<

Hated Mauradon with a burning passion. Only went in there twice before the revamp and dropped group both times when we wiped and spirit rezzed outside. (after I finally found my way back there -_- )

Deleted
    Maraudon, Wailing Caverns, Sunken temple, and Anything in blackrock mountain in vanilla all had god awful corpse runs to get back where you were.

I really do not miss them, corpse running is not a fun way to spend your time only to find the trash has re-popped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

I guess you dont see a problem with the incentive not to die is due to a maze-like return to your corpse? srsly? Is this your take on thrilling gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    ST wasn't too bad. BRD.....that made me cry. Not only do you get lost finding the entrance, you also get lost once you are inside....lol.
    BRD was such an awesome dungeon... It's the only dungeon that could be considered a 5man raid... I remember once years ago I went to help some guys and at the end 3 hours had passed till we complete it :O So many quests in there of all sorts even of the dungeon itself (in a time when the quest for the dungeons were given by normal questgivers outside of it and not conveniently at the entrance like today...) and also cool boss and enviromental mechanics...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaesimvrotos View Post
    BRD was such an awesome dungeon... It's the only dungeon that could be considered a 5man raid... I remember once years ago I went to help some guys and at the end 3 hours had passed till we complete it :O So many quests in there of all sorts even of the dungeon itself (in a time when the quest for the dungeons were given by normal questgivers outside of it and not conveniently at the entrance like today...) and also cool boss and enviromental mechanics...
    First time on the bridge...
    "You will not escape us!"

Oooooh shit.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.