Thread: Patch 5.1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I'm starting to think this may be an OCC thing. It's sadly not working out that way, but we're going to get at least 3 tiers of raid content, even if it ends up being in 5.6 for tier 3

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Nope. I just want to have 3 patched raids after expansion. ex 3.0 = expansion and then 3.1 Ulduar 3.2 ToC 3.3 ICC.
    Why? It doesn't matter how many raids get patched in, as long as we have plenty to do before the next expansion comes out. And it is not like that is something Blizzard has "always" done. Wrath was the only expansion to do so, and even that was not planned. ToC was added at the last minute because they knew ICC would not be ready fast enough. The tournament was originally only going to be the dailies and a dungeon.

Further, this patch alone is not an indication that what you describe will not happen. Nothing says we can't have a patch 5.6 or 5.7. Vanilla went up to 1.12.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't any guilds particularly ready for a new raid yet. Even the 3 or 4 that are 16/16 heroic aren't fully geared yet by any means. The down time is for the player base to play catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Why? It doesn't matter how many raids get patched in, as long as we have plenty to do before the next expansion comes out. And it is not like that is something Blizzard has "always" done. Wrath was the only expansion to do so, and even that was not planned. ToC was added at the last minute because they knew ICC would not be ready fast enough. The tournament was originally only going to be the dailies and a dungeon.

Further, this patch alone is not an indication that what you describe will not happen. Nothing says we can't have a patch 5.6 or 5.7. Vanilla went up to 1.12.
    I think TOC was planned as a raid, it was just relocated to Ice crown because there wasn't a lot of player activity there. It was supposed to be in crystalsong.

Deleted
    I'm really disappointed that Blizz focused on Scenarios in this patch. Maybe they haven't noticed, but Scenarios are a complete wreck at level cap. No one, absolutely no one I know spends their time on that sh*t. Unless scenarios will bring better rewards, become more of a challenge or will become available at other levels, they are a waste of time imo.

And once again the daily grind returns, at the begin of the PTR, rep per quest was 250, but they dumbed it down to 150, to make it Golden Lotus all over again. From what i've seen, the dailies from the Horde are usually not different from the Alliance ones, but I don't think they're bad.

Brawler's Club, unless u can spend a fortune on buying a ticket from the BMAH or get a lucky drop, u can't get in, and there are queues..

Not really psyched for this patch, but I think I'll enjoy the rewards of it in time, I hope.

If we were sitting at 6-8 months past the launch of the expansion, with zero new content of any kind added, then yes we would have a reason to complain. But to expect a brand new raid less than two weeks or a week (for LFR and Heroic) after the last one opened is just absolutely ridiculous.

And while I don't mean to be rude here OP, you surely had to expect people to take your post exactly the way you wrote it: Whining that there is no raid content or dungeons added because you expected it even without anything being said by Blizzard that there would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgette View Post
    If we were sitting at 6-8 months past the launch of the expansion, with zero new content of any kind added, then yes we would have a reason to complain. But to expect a brand new raid less than two weeks or a week (for LFR and Heroic) after the last one opened is just absolutely ridiculous.

And while I don't mean to be rude here OP, you surely had to expect people to take your post exactly the way you wrote it: Whining that there is no raid content or dungeons added because you expected it even without anything being said by Blizzard that there would be.
    Stop putting words in my mouth pls.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Has this been confirmed, or still just hoping?
    I'm under the impression it was directly hidden pretty hardcore and blizzard very likely contacted mmo and any other fan sites to hide it directly until then due to it could obviously connect to the next expansion.

Thus I give it a 95% of it happening

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    You misunderstood me. I dont bitch because there is no raid after two months of new expansion. But because until Cataclysm all x.1 patches had Raid in them. I dont say i want a raid RIGHT NOW i want it when the time comes but just dont call this 5.1 really.

I just made this. Does anyone feel the same way?

Patch 1.1 : Onyxia raid.
    Patch 2.1 : Black Temple
    Patch 3.1 : Ulduar (!!!!)
    Patch 4.1 : Firelands was planned for 4.1 but it was too early, so instead of waiting 1 month they pushed it 4 more months.
    Patch 5.1 : no raid, no dungeon. Blizz saw that they can get away with no raid in 4.1 so they did the same in 5.1

A patch without raid should be considered a minor patch.
    What? More dailies? I'm sure we did not see this coming. Surprise, surprise. What is next a dungeon with dailies so we can call them DUNGIES?

How big is the patch download?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diegoa View Post
    How big is the patch download?
    It's not a huge patch under a gig I believe

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    It's not a huge patch under a gig I believe
    By the ammount of content i say 300mb lol
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    oh man they did trailer for shitty 4.1, and not this one?, lol

Deleted
    Oh yea, people want new raid two weeks after last one of current even opened.
    So classic. Only like 1% of people cleared 16/16 NORMAL by now! Let alone heroic...
    Let's recap, say 4 or 5 world best guilds cleared, so round that up to 100 players. Out of ten million playerbase that makes it 1 in 100,000 players of this game cleared the content. But people already yell MOAR, GIEF NEW RAID!!!

Oh, well.