Thread: Four quickbars

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Four quickbars

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Hi everyone!

As you know, we take player feedback very seriously and we wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for being a part of our Free-to-Play transition.

When Game Update 1.5 was on PTS, we heard your feedback and increased Quickbars for Free-to-Play Players, increased Warzones from three to five per week, and reduced the Cartel Coin temporary bind.

We want to let you know that we are constantly listening to you folks, and we’ve heard your feedback regarding limited Quickbars for Preferred Status Players.

This is why, after an upcoming patch that is scheduled for next week, Preferred Status Players will be given two additional Quickbars (for a total of four) that will immediately improve their gameplay experience.

We’ll have more details for you – including information for Preferred Status Players that have already purchased extra Quickbars - once the change goes live.

Thanks again for your feedback and please continue to provide it for us!

(Source)

There. Now, if you will excuse me. I have to go sell 2 action bars on the GTN before this change makes it to live.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-11-28 at 04:45 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Inb4 people start demanding a refund on the 2 quickbars they already purchased.

Still, nice to see them making changes based on popular feedback. They are learning.

Good to hear, my desire to purchase something to get preferred status is increasing. Hopefully they can continue making changes based off of feedback.

This was needed. Just beyond my understanding how on earth they desided to just allow 2 in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Inb4 people start demanding a refund on the 2 quickbars they already purchased.

Still, nice to see them making changes based on popular feedback. They are learning.
    You know, its funny.

People are complaining about action bars but right now I am being undercut on the GTN while trying to sell them.

If you guys want action bars come to Pot5.

We apparently have surplus.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-11-27 at 01:11 AM.

There are four lights.

I think it's a good decision as many people voiced their concern about it. I still think you can play from 1-50 with 2 actionbars but more are of course always welcome.

Deleted
    Meanwhile on ToFN single character quickbar unlocks are below 350k for the first time!
    Everything else is mostly still above a milion though.

With quickbars only being something that new F2P players will want and them not being required until the lvl 20-30 range deppending on class because that's when you'll run out of quickbars with only 2 I'd say a reasonable price for single character unlocks would be 20-40k considering they'll be spending 35k on speeder at 25 and with the reduction and everything you have about 60-80k at that level if you haven't spent anything on something else before.

But it'll take a few months for the subscribers to figure that out. The galaxy wide average IQ is pretty low there.

sweet i cna now cancel my sub n go pref status and still have a good time in game. im just looking forward to finishin my IA and BH stories and i may shelf game until im off overnights

glad you listening to peeps BW but dont give in COMPLETLY to the masses

Damn you bioware!

My action bars aren't selling! I'm being undercut to like 280k! ERRGGHHH

Deleted
    280k? Before the news you could perhaps sell it for that but with only F2P players left as targeted buyers and the game only having been F2P for 1½ week you're not gona sell them for that.

F2P players are lvl 30-40 if they've been really dedicated but most are probably around 20 and they don't have that amount of credits.

These are players that haven't played the game before. They don't have a high level character to farm credits with and don't try with the "they can ask friends who are subs to buy it" because if they have friends who are subs then they'll just give them the unlocks for their free CC.

This is part of what's wrong with the F2P model. Yes there's a way to unlock everything with credits but half the subs are too retarded to know they can't sell everything for 2-3 milion credits and the other half that knows of the credit cap sells everything for the max cap. Giving subs control over what non subs gets and to what price is plain retarded.

F2P cap is also 200k so you whining about 280k is just stupid since you wont sell it anyways unless you hope to get lucky with a preffered that hasn't heard they'll get 4 bars next week, but taking advantage of the ignorant is what you would expect from from swtor subs. That way they feel less butthurt about EA doing hte same to them.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    This is part of what's wrong with the F2P model. Yes there's a way to unlock everything with credits but half the subs are too retarded to know they can't sell everything for 2-3 milion credits and the other half that knows of the credit cap sells everything for the max cap. Giving subs control over what non subs gets and to what price is plain retarded.
    I actually did mention that recently. While I'm satiated by the fact that there is a way to earn things without money, there needs to be a little more control to ensure it is effective. If not, then it's like the system isn't in place anyways. They should ideally limit the prices for certain items on the AH and/or lower the cartel coin cost. I don't see them doing either of these things, so you're right it's not going to be an ideal system for a long time.

Subscribers won't waste money on things that won't sell. Soon they will learn to not waste Cartel Coins on anything, because it is worthless.

Giving subs control over what non subs gets and to what price is plain retarded.
    I laugh in your general direction.

I'm a paying subscriber. I should be able to sell things on the GTN for whatever damn price I want. And I will. And if you can't afford the credits in-game, that's not my fault. You are making the decision to play for free. Either earn the credits or STFU and play under the free system.

If you want the same things that subs get, the sub for shit's sake.

Stop the ridiculous complaining that you want what everyone else gets, only for free and without doing any work to get it.

Wow, what a microcosm of our government handout society in general.

i logged on to check out the F2P, logged off as soonas i realised i only had 2 action bars and had to pay for more.

i might actually log back on again now, i might even go kill stuff just to enjoy the buzz of my doublebladed light saber
    <insert witty signature here>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post

I'm a paying subscriber. I should be able to sell things on the GTN for whatever damn price I want. And I will. And if you can't afford the credits in-game, that's not my fault. You are making the decision to play for free. Either earn the credits or STFU and play under the free system.

Stop the ridiculous complaining that you want what everyone else gets, only for free and without doing any work to get it.

Tin Foil hat on now!

/facepalm

F2P cap is also 200k so you whining about 280k is just stupid since you wont sell it anyways unless you hope to get lucky with a preffered that hasn't heard they'll get 4 bars next week, but taking advantage of the ignorant is what you would expect from from swtor subs. That way they feel less butthurt about EA doing hte same to them.
    I am aiming for preferred peeps. Obv.

/facepalm

You're not understanding the point. No one's going to buy your unlock shit if your buyout price for them is higher than the credit gap for f2p players. Subs don't need unlocks.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Proof that the subscriber base does in fact have no regard for the free players, no basic common sense of how selling these items is going to work, and that they are dooming their own game to failure. What a train wreck. HK you were totally right. I hadn't experienced it in game, but here it is. I guess people are still riding the unsuccessful Romney wave into every aspect of their lives they can.

Rawr, republican angry outlashses about a video game! So exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    they are dooming their own game to failure. What a train wreck. HK you were totally right. I hadn't experienced it in game, but here it is
    I have no words.

I really hope the western video game community gets over this "f2pers are welfare queens" crap.

No one should be ridiculed or pointed out for either subscribing or doing F2P.

People should have fun playing and accept the fact that what YOU like may not be what OTHERS like.