1. #1
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    78

    Basic healing macro

    Hi guys,
    I need some basic help. My current healing macro for word of glory is:

    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Word of Glory; Word of Glory

    However, when I am targeting an enemy it is not casting it on me, until I mouseover myself. How to fix that?
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    #showtooltip *********
    /cast [nomodifier:alt,target=mouseover,nodead,help][nomodifier:alt,help,nodead][nomodifier:alt,target=player][modifier:alt,target=player]*********

    Is what I've used since BC. Works a treat.

  3. #3
    There you go:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Word of Glory
    /cast [target=mouseover, help, nodead][target=target, help, nodead][target=player] Word of Glory

  4. #4
    Epic! Tearor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Դժոխք
    Posts
    1,599
    Just cleaning up your macros a bit... "target=target" etc burns my eyes.

    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][@player] Word of Glory
    would do what you want:
    -heal your mouseover if it's friendly and alive
    -heal yourself if you don't have a friendly alive mouseover.

    It does not include a way to heal your target though, though if that is desired, it can be done easily. On my healers, I always used a macro that had a mouseover condition like above, if there was no mouseover it heals my target, if that target isn't friendly (or I press alt) it heals myself (if I press alt it heals myself in any case). That would be:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead, nomod:alt][nomod:alt, help, nodead][@player] Word of Glory
    Last edited by Tearor; 2012-11-27 at 01:17 PM.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

  5. #5
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player]Word of Glory
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

  6. #6
    Epic! Tearor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Դժոխք
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player]Word of Glory
    Yay I have the same thing as Treeston! (plus the possibility to heal myself in any case, but that wasn't requested.)
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Just cleaning up your macros a bit... "target=target" etc burns my eyes.

    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][@player] Word of Glory
    Your macro won't heal your target when your target is friendly,which is quite bad as a healer.
    You can't constantly mouseover your raidframes when you have to move.
    that's why the target=target is there on:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Word of Glory
    /cast [target=mouseover, help, nodead][target=target, help, nodead][target=player] Word of Glory
    even if it burns your eyes.You can shorten the macro yes,but that part is good to have as healer.
    It heals your mouseover target when you mouseover someone,
    It heals your target when there's no mouseover.
    It heals yourself when u have no mouseover or friendly target.
    Which is what Retaliator asked.
    Unless ofc he is dps and he only wants to heal himself and occasionally heal ppl in his group.Which in that case yours could do as well.
    Last edited by Louna; 2012-11-27 at 05:21 PM.

  8. #8
    Yes, but what Treeston posted is much cleaner and does the same thing as yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player]Word of Glory
    First part does the mouseover, second your target, third yourself. If you absolutely find you have to include the T=T piece, a short @target would work. The @ symbol replaces target= now so you can reduce the space each macro takes up (and consequently make them do more if you desire). In fact, you can use also use /use instead of /cast now.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Yes, but what Treeston posted is much cleaner and does the same thing as yours.
    If you check my post you can see i wasn't reffering to treeston.

    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    First part does the mouseover, second your target, third yourself. If you absolutely find you have to include the T=T piece, a short @target would work. The @ symbol replaces target= now so you can reduce the space each macro takes up (and consequently make them do more if you desire). In fact, you can use also use /use instead of /cast now.
    I am aware what each part of the macro does and yes i do know that already.As you can see i already said that you can shorten the macro on my previous post.
    So not sure what your point is ^^

  10. #10
    Epic! Tearor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Դժոխք
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Louna View Post
    Your macro won't heal your target when your target is friendly,which is quite bad as a healer.
    That's why I have posted two macros, if you'd look at my post again. One which does word by word what he wrote he wanted, and the addition that fixes exactly what you're demanding (+ the ability to skip it with alt, I put both the additions in one).
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Louna View Post
    If you check my post you can see i wasn't reffering to treeston.


    I am aware what each part of the macro does and yes i do know that already.As you can see i already said that you can shorten the macro on my previous post.
    So not sure what your point is ^^
    I guess I could have worded the initial response better. The OP asked:

    Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    Hi guys,
    I need some basic help. My current healing macro for word of glory is:

    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Word of Glory; Word of Glory

    However, when I am targeting an enemy it is not casting it on me, until I mouseover myself. How to fix that?
    Thanks!
    Seeing as he/she was asking for basic help, I provided clarification to the information provided, as well as ways to simplify and shorten a macro. Don't assume that everyone knows what you already do when you post macro's that use outdated methods to perform a function.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.

  12. #12
    There's no reason to shorten the macro when the one using it won't edit it.The only reason to shorten it, is to add more things in it.Which he obviously won't do.
    He wanted a basic macro for world of glory.I gave him one so did the rest.My response was to Tearor concerning the target part.
    Also replied to you for the explanation part because it felt like you were reffering to me.
    But anyway this is pointless..>.<

  13. #13
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help][] Word of glory

    all you need. working like intended.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •