Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Feel totally fine saying the GOP can go suck it. Great to see every attempt at manipulating the election failing.
    They are just going to pick themselves up by their bootlaces and try harder until they succeed! Isn't that their mantra? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    They are just going to pick themselves up by their bootlaces and try harder until they succeed! Isn't that their mantra? :P
    If they have more money to do it, by all means, go ahead and try. All the better when they fail even harder.

Of course, the best solution would be to get Citizens United overturned and these damn money hats out of the system, but until then I'll be fine with watching people who contributed to SuperPAC's bitching when their money didn't get the results they were promised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    If they have more money to do it, by all means, go ahead and try. All the better when they fail even harder.

Of course, the best solution would be to get Citizens United overturned and these damn money hats out of the system, but until then I'll be fine with watching people who contributed to SuperPAC's bitching when their money didn't get the results they were promised.
    Citizens United has been a disaster but it was bloody hilarious watching all those billions get spent and still see the republicans lose. As far as the voter suppression silliness? The only ones fooled by republican claims of fighting voter fraud are the ones who want to be fooled.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I'm not surprised as this seems par for the course in politics for the last few years. They want to win by any means necessary. Big question is will that change or will they keep trying to do the same thing in 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    Quite the opposite, people who have something against an organization are the more reliable source about said organization, because they have no reason to hide the bad stuff about it. A working Ford salesman would be a very poor source of information about Ford, compared to a Ford salesman fired for stealing from them.

If you want to know the bad things about the democrats, you should listen to republicans. If you want to know the bad things about the republicans, you should listen to democrats. Etc.
    That makes zero sense whatsoever, but you're welcome to your delusions.

I just can't get the mindset of people who think one party is saintly and the other is evil. The GOP and Democrats are both horribly corrupt and pull out thousands of dirty tricks to win elections. You're really unintelligent if you think the Democrats are any different.

15+ Year Old Account
    The GOP is actively passing laws to discourage and prevent Democrats from voting? Color me not shocked at all.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    You're really unintelligent if you think the Democrats are any different.
    Just because both parties are flawed does not mean both parties are equally flawed.

For instance -- it would be nearly impossible to show that the democrats engaged in the same level of voter suppression that the GOP did. It's just not true.

There is a lot of this false equivalence nonsense floating around the political world. Both sides are the same. Both sides are equally guilty. Both sides are blah blah blah. That is rarely true. Both sides are almost never equal in detail.

I would say you are really unintelligent if you are unwilling to consider the nuance of how the parties operate to see the truth of the political system as it is today.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Citizens United has been a disaster but it was bloody hilarious watching all those billions get spent and still see the republicans lose. As far as the voter suppression silliness? The only ones fooled by republican claims of fighting voter fraud are the ones who want to be fooled.
    I think loose is a bit strong for what occurred. They retained a majority in the House (so they control the purse-strings) and a filibustering minority in the senate, thus they can continue to throw tantrums and blockade everything.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    For instance -- it would be nearly impossible to show that the democrats engaged in the same level of voter suppression that the GOP did. It's just not true.
    But there were black people! Standing near some polling stations! Menacingly opening doors for people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    But there were black people! Standing near some polling stations! Menacingly opening doors for people!
    They had a picture of that one black guy dressed in black with a beret, on Bill Maher. Got a fun look out of Samuel L Jackson, who was a guest, who just happened to be dressed all in black with a beret. It was pretty fun, better than the joke the picture was meant to set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I think loose is a bit strong for what occurred. They retained a majority in the House (so they control the purse-strings) and a filibustering minority in the senate, thus they can continue to throw tantrums and blockade everything.
    Compared to everything they had going for them at the beginning? While they kept their majority in the House, didn't they actually lose seats in both the Senate and House? Compared to the drubbing McCain got, Romney only managed to flip one or two states back to red? I think the word "lose" is putting it mildly.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to everything they had going for them at the beginning? While they kept their majority in the House, didn't they actually lose seats in both the Senate and House? Compared to the drubbing McCain got, Romney only managed to flip one or two states back to red? I think the word "lose" is putting it mildly.
    They lost seats in the house. They lost seats in the senate. They lost the popular vote. They lost the electoral vote. There is no way the GOP can claim any sort of victory, and their attempts to do show so a frightening unwillingness to face the reality that the majority of the people don't agree with the direction they have taken the party.

I've said several times if they abandon the social conservatism and their undying dedication to the rich, and go back to being true fiscal conservatives they will have a much better chance of getting elected.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I made a thread about the very fake disaster known as Voter Fraud. He actually said those things BEFORE the election. But because of the buzz of the election it didn't get any main stream focus till now. I think anyone who says we have a serious case of Voter Fraud is kidding themselves. They wanted the court to block early voting. People who vote early tend to favor liberal and Republicans more often vote on election day.

It's a fake program with a real solution. I been posting about this kind of stuff while closley watching the elections unfold. Each day I turned on MSNBC or CNN. Ran through numerous articles to get the whole picture and not just bits and pieces. I think anyone who watched the elections saw a transparent way the GOP tried to block Obama from being re-elected.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad the super pacs lost
    I am glad voter suppression lost
    I am glad the tenants of our republic had won

Lets hope the GOP leaves behind this old tired men who still take Machiavellian thought to literally, hold to pledges rather than there people, kiss the feet of the rich rather than shake the hand of the people, and disown entire demographics because it does not fit into their "world"

I may not be in love with Obama, I never get that attached to a political figure like some do, I would love to see the GOP actually modernize

You also have to consider that it's difficult to run against an incumbent president, especially if they haven't performed as poorly as they've been portrayed by the opposing party. It's only happened a grand total of nine times in the 216 years since Jefferson started running. McCain and Palin actually would have been worse than Bush, yet McCain had more support than Romney? It's not so much that Romney did worse than McCain, as Obama just did significantly better than before now that he's had time to make himself known.

You have to remember that in the previous election he was a brand new US senator and the first major black candidate running against a long time US senator who's party controlled the executive office for the previous eight years. People tend to shy away from rapid changes like that, with only some regard for the consequences.

IMO, with the way that the last 4 years events went, the only way that Obama could have lost the election is if he continued to make a fool of himself by underestimating Romney like he did during the first debate.