Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Former GOP leaders say voter suppression was the reason for election law changes

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...er-play/nTFDy/

A new Florida law that contributed to long voter lines and caused some to abandon voting altogether was intentionally designed by Florida GOP staff and consultants to inhibit Democratic voters, former GOP officials and current GOP consultants have told The Palm Beach Post.
    Well I guess since the election is over we don't have to be sneaky about it anymore.

Well, I'm glad they finally told us what we already knew.

Why I never!

A bit surprised that they came right out and said it though. Maybe it's a blame game and they really meant "those idiots failed at suppressing Democratic votes!"

It is pretty pathetic that Republicans tried to cheat in both Florida AND Ohio, and yet still lost both states and the popular vote by several %.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...er-play/nTFDy/

Well I guess since the election is over we don't have to be sneaky about it anymore.
    Quoting John Cleese: Thank you for clarifying the bleeding obvious.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1187117-Voter-Fraud

I made a thread about the very fake disaster known as Voter Fraud. He actually said those things BEFORE the election. But because of the buzz of the election it didn't get any main stream focus till now. I think anyone who says we have a serious case of Voter Fraud is kidding themselves. They wanted the court to block early voting. People who vote early tend to favor liberal and Republicans more often vote on election day.

It's a fake program with a real solution. I been posting about this kind of stuff while closley watching the elections unfold. Each day I turned on MSNBC or CNN. Ran through numerous articles to get the whole picture and not just bits and pieces. I think anyone who watched the elections saw a transparent way the GOP tried to block Obama from being re-elected.

So they call the Democrats incompetent but they can't even win an election when they CHEAT?

A full federal inquiry is needed into this whole fiasco and if there is evidence of any voter suppression then long custodial sentences are needed

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    A full federal inquiry is needed into this whole fiasco and if there is evidence of any voter suppression then long custodial sentences are needed
    Federal pre clearance for election laws needs to be required for all states, not just the ones in the South that were so bad at equality.

People can look. Early Voting was ran down from four weeks in Ohio to ONE.

That's a massive change. The solution was people standing in lines for HOURS. I mean around 7 hours to cast one ballot. Each week before the election. Courts ruled against the Republicans time and time again. They had victory's in almost every state. I sincerely believe the courts saw this a transparent way to impact the system.

I wonder why people didn't take action back then. This whole thing "Citizens United" which allows corporations to funnel money into "Super Pac's" Unlimited amounts to support whoever they want. It turned the election into a billion dollar campaign. This is a very very clear message they wanted limit voting. I am surprised it took a republican to say it out loud what was so openly happening in front of us.

Weren't they saying this before the election too?

In other news, Romney is now at 47% of the popular vote. Irony reigns supreme.

The guy who is saying this is in the middle of several lawsuits and may be convicted of embezzling money from the GOP. Source is important. I would believe little a Ford salesman told me about Ford after he was fired for stealing from the company.

But honestly, this is hardly news and it doesn't constitute suppression. Both parties are constantly trying to redistrict, change voting laws, etc to get themselves an advantage. Call me jaded, but this is kind of a "well duh" topic. Things like this are unfortunately legal and done all the time by both parties.
    "We are dwarfs, but dwarfs who stand on the shoulders of those giants, and in our insignificance we are able then to see further than they over the horizon." Umberto Eco - Il nome della rosa

A fantastic guide to what's not in the constitution! http://www.usconstitution.net/constnot.html#life

Quote Originally Posted by Tandrius View Post
    The guy who is saying this is in the middle of several lawsuits and may be convicted of embezzling money from the GOP. Source is important. I would believe little a Ford salesman told me about Ford after he was fired for stealing from the company.

But honestly, this is hardly news and it doesn't constitute suppression. Both parties are constantly trying to redistrict, change voting laws, etc to get themselves an advantage. Call me jaded, but this is kind of a "well duh" topic. Things like this are unfortunately legal and done all the time by both parties.
    One side is trying to get as many citizens to vote as possible. The other side is trying to make it as hard as possible for people to vote. Don't even start treating that like the same thing.

Yea I read about the guy being mixed up in some legal trouble, but any attempt by the GOP to hide behind that and try to discredit him as a source just makes it even more pathetic. There is obvious truth to what he said.

AFAIK no democrats in congress said "voter ID, which is going to allow President Obama to win Pennsylvania...done"

This isn't an issue you can plausibly argue both sides have equal guilt in. The GOP message is not resonating with the majority of Americans and they knew it and did whatever they could to cling to power. How is it not suppression? Limiting access to polls by cutting early vote days, forcing people to spend hours in line to vote. I'm sure many could not afford to spend 4 hours in line and just decided not to vote, bam, vote suppressed by a terrible system put in place by the state government. Voting should not take half a day, it's unrealistic for people with jobs and families.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't they just accept they lost and move on in bettering our world instead of debating something was...a week ago or so.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quite the opposite, people who have something against an organization are the more reliable source about said organization, because they have no reason to hide the bad stuff about it. A working Ford salesman would be a very poor source of information about Ford, compared to a Ford salesman fired for stealing from them.

If you want to know the bad things about the democrats, you should listen to republicans. If you want to know the bad things about the republicans, you should listen to democrats. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    Quite the opposite, people who have something against an organization are the more reliable source about said organization, because they have no reason to hide the bad stuff about it. A working Ford salesman would be a very poor source of information about Ford, compared to a Ford salesman fired for stealing from them.

If you want to know the bad things about the democrats, you should listen to republicans. If you want to know the bad things about the republicans, you should listen to democrats. Etc.
    The Tea Party's total disconnect from reality says otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Kinda...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Oh, they're not totally disconnected from reality, they just have a simplex connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel totally fine saying the GOP can go suck it. Great to see every attempt at manipulating the election failing.