Thread: Warrior 5.1 =(

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warrior 5.1 =(

DO any think we should have our old 4 piece set bonus back (the Heroic Leap break Roots) since they overall nerfing Warrior's Everything

Doubt they could sell that to the community.
    But well while we are at 5.1 I didn't really use simcraft for quite a while anyone happens to know why it shows about every ability for fury hitting for a good chunk less on the "ptr chart" with the same stats ?

10+ Year Old Account
    they only took gag order out of the game and did a stupid nerf to avatar. fear adjustment was needed.

honestly, not that bad.

Sure, every Warrior in the game who doesn't like to arena/group PvP just got shit on with the Avatar and Gag Order nerf (even though everyone knew as soon as Gag Order and PH was made available to Warriors at the same time, that Gag Order was going to at least be removed from Pummel), but we'll live.

As far as competitivity goes, we've had much worse.

I would have maybe liked to see something like Gag Order still working on Heroic Throw so we have at least something on a 30 second CD to not die the second we get peeled with a closer on cooldown. They keep toting Storm Bolt as a replacement bit it's not even nearly the same idea. A blink or a trinket solves Storm Bolt and they can cast away.

I understood the removal of it on pummel.

A small aside on the matter of glyphs, I would like a glyph that removes our Shouts cooldown, balancing out by removing it's rage generation. I hate when we're getting beat hard in a BG only to get killed so fast I res with Battle Shout still on CD for 40 seconds.
    Last edited by Assumi; 2012-11-27 at 04:46 AM.

They nerfed the wrong things, people complained about warrior cd stacking not so much that they have a 1 minute fear... lol

World of Wizardcraft. Warriors needs cds to do what mages does every 30 seconds. Np, blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich View Post
    World of Wizardcraft. Warriors needs cds to do what mages does every 30 seconds. Np, blizzard.
    This. Just wait, we will be getting shit on for the remainder of this season by mages, and most other casters.

But oh well, warriors shall endure.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    This. Just wait, we will be getting shit on for the remainder of this season by mages, and most other casters.

But oh well, warriors shall endure.
    Warrior that's been PVPing since Vanilla here. Didn't even blink once out of disconcertedness at the fact that Blizzard nerfed all the wrong things. It's been happening for far too long.

The bitterness I had from them nullifying Intercept, making our highest point talent Bladestorm disarmable, and many, many others has subsided -- and in its place a cold, unfeeling callous has formed, shielding me from the pain of further illogical changes.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Warrior that's been PVPing since Vanilla here. Didn't even blink once out of disconcertedness at the fact that Blizzard nerfed all the wrong things. It's been happening for far too long.

The bitterness I had from them nullifying Intercept, making our highest point talent Bladestorm disarmable, and many, many others has subsided -- and in its place a cold, unfeeling callous has formed, shielding me from the pain of further illogical changes.
    A sad, but understandable, state of mind. I feel your pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally i will have less problems as Fury fighting arms warrior. I was running build wo avatar or gag orders since changes got announced so its a buff for me
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is only the beginning. See, the community being the community will still complain about warrior damage. So Blizzard being Blizzard, will decide it's a good idea after all to nerf the hell out of our dmg and not change or revert anything else to balance us back out. This happened in early Cata...we were severely overnerfed and we didn't get touched again until MoP. Warriors really do get boned at some point every xpac and then may or may not recover. I'd much rather have utility than insane damage although a balance would be nice. I really never understood how Heroic Throw was our max level ability in WOTLK when it was SO weak and on such a long cooldown. They finally lowered the cooldown and let us get gag order which made it a strong ability. Now it's back to being the blandest and most useless thing in the game.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    The Avatar nerf was necessary, as peeling a Warrior became essentially impossible. The Gag Order nerf was also necessary, as juking a Warrior was a waste of time up until today. The only thing I don't understand is the Intimidating Shout nerf. It's the same thing as Howl of Terror and Psychic Scream but now has a twice as long CD.

The rage regen nerf to Avatar on the other hand was pointless and just hurt Arms in PvE. Not sure why they still haven't buffed Stormbolt and Bloodbath to make them viable.

Overall, Warriors still have their crazy burst, their strong sustained damage, their mobility, defensive tools and utility. This is hardly the first nail in the coffin for Warriors and it's certainly better than a straight up damage or mobility nerf.

It's the same thing as Howl of Terror and Psychic Scream but now has a twice as long CD.
    Shout have got now 3 times more CD than Psychic Scream.

Overall, Warriors still have their crazy burst, their strong sustained damage, their mobility, defensive tools and utility. This is hardly the first nail in the coffin for Warriors and it's certainly better than a straight up damage or mobility nerf.
    Sustained dmg still one of the weakest in the game, utility was good only becouse of the Gag order, which has been removed, so be sure about something before you will post about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warrior Intimidating Shout currently still 1m CD. TY Blizzard!

Also, 60.59% pvppower, sup. We do ridiculous damage right now. Also, Warlock's Curse of Enfeeblement and Aura of Enfeeblement now reduce the physical damage dealt by all targets by 10% (was 20%).

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich View Post
    qft.

on the bright side pummel seems to be bugged. interrupting any spell will lock the caster out of ALL schools.
    example: if you pummel fire. frost and arcane will be locked as well rofl
    Last edited by WarTV; 2012-11-27 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sustained dmg still one of the weakest in the game, utility was good only becouse of the Gag order, which has been removed, so be sure about something before you will post about it.
    Warrior sustained damage is far from weak, especially with their high uptime on targets. Not that sustained damage is even desired for PvP with everything being about burst and nothing else. A Warrior training you is about as painful as a Feral, Enhance, Monk, Rogue, Ret, essentially any melee in game except for Frost DK's. That makes Frost DK's the outliers for sustained damage, wouldn't you say? Even then, Frost DK's don't have the same mobility, utility or on demand burst so they still fall behind.

Warrior utility was also not only gag order, sure gag order was nice but it was broken and needed to be removed. You still have
    1) Shockwave on a 20 second CD
    2) Intimidating Shout though on a longer CD now
    3) Charge stun
    4) your level 45 talents
    5) your lvl 75 talents
    6) Disarm
    7) Hamstring
    8) Spell Reflect
    9) Intervene
    10) Shattering Throw
    11) Rallying Cry
    12) Demo Banner
    13) Skull Banner for team wide offensive utility
    14) and of course pummel

I would have to agree with you, be sure about something before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    The rage regen nerf to Avatar on the other hand was pointless and just hurt Arms in PvE. Not sure why they still haven't buffed Stormbolt and Bloodbath to make them viable.
    Actually Avatar was the prot talent in pve as it was the only talent that tier that provided a little survivalbility. From what I know Arms took BB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    Actually Avatar was the prot talent in pve as it was the only talent that tier that provided a little survivalbility. From what I know Arms took BB.
    My bad, you're right. I was just going by what a guildie told me once. Plus I assumed that Arms took Avatar as the sims showed a 6k DPS drop between last patch and 5.1 and that was the only thing that changed at all regarding damage output.

Warrior sustained damage is far from weak, especially with their high uptime on targets. Not that sustained damage is even desired for PvP with everything being about burst and nothing else. A Warrior training you is about as painful as a Feral, Enhance, Monk, Rogue, Ret, essentially any melee in game except for Frost DK's. That makes Frost DK's the outliers for sustained damage, wouldn't you say? Even then, Frost DK's don't have the same mobility, utility or on demand burst so they still fall behind.

Warrior utility was also not only gag order, sure gag order was nice but it was broken and needed to be removed. You still have
    1) Shockwave on a 20 second CD
    2) Intimidating Shout though on a longer CD now
    3) Charge stun
    4) your level 45 talents
    5) your lvl 75 talents
    6) Disarm
    7) Hamstring
    8) Spell Reflect
    9) Intervene
    10) Shattering Throw
    11) Rallying Cry
    12) Demo Banner
    13) Skull Banner for team wide offensive utility
    14) and of course pummel

I would have to agree with you, be sure about something before posting.
    Seriously read your post again and look how stupid he is. You listed almost half of all abilities that warrior have. Ofc. all of them give some of the utility. I can tell and list you a much more and much better usefull abilities that specifited classes have. You need to list a unique ability that provides a big utility. Before it was gag order and Shockwave, now it is only shockwave. And about gag order...im not saying that removing it was a bad idea. No, it was in some cases good enough to nerf warriors and their control but it happened too hard. People say about it "we need something to compensate these nerfs". And it is clear - We need more damage, more sustained damage to our targets :].

Warrior got high uptime? Ok, high but if you look on other classes, basically all melee got high uptime on their targets maybe and ONLY except Dk's, but imagine Dk's with their damage and also with high uptime...just a massacre. Warrior's uptime without dispeller is probably same as Dk's uptime. With such huge amount of CC it isnt hard for comps like PMR and MLS to keep a warrior on roots and healer on any of the lost-control CC's.

If you still think that warrior's sustained damage is good enough - make a warrior, lvl him to 90. And look what "dps" you can make on for example, holy paladin and compare it to other classes. I can answer you now - only rogue will have worse dps.
    I gave you an example with dps but you can also try to kill him or any healer which will use some of the CC on you :]. Even without kiting it is impossible. And please, try to not use silences from Gag Order becouse they will not longer be in future. (im not sure if they are still on live but dont blame me if im wrong, i didnt play around 1 or 2 months since i end the game on this "worst expansion").
    Last edited by AboikoS; 2012-11-28 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    7) Hamstring
    Anyone who lists Hamstring as one of the good pvp warrior abilities clearly doesn't know what they're talking about.