1. #1

    Is it possible to change item text back to how it used to be?

    In case I didn't word that properly, I meant is there any way to change how the stats appear on gear (the green text on secondary stats). Because currently, it is buggin the crap out of me the way it looks now. Armory still shows the stats the way it has been since vanilla...and I was wondering if there is some option I am not seeing in the config, or if there is a known addon to change the appearance back to the way it used to be.

    I know I'm not the only one asking for this...so please, if you can...help.

  2. #2
    The Patient Robles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    207
    Yes, I would like this too.

    I was talking to a friend in skype about it yesterday.

    It's extremely annoying. I like the text when enchanted and reforged stats were green.

    Now it looks like every secondary stat is green and it's just annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

  3. #3
    Yeah, when I saw the "stat upgrade" process screenshots...I assumed they changed the appearance to make the stat differences more noticeable. I didnt think they were actually going to make that go live...

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,469
    I too would prefer the old display. Maybe some talented fella will make an addon for just that.

    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  5. #5
    Mechagnome mypally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    C eh N eh D eh
    Posts
    537
    I'm sure writing an addon to do this wouldnt be overly difficult. Unfortunately I dont have the experience, nor desire to learn yet another language at the moment.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

  6. #6
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by SkitZoFrenic View Post
    In case I didn't word that properly, I meant is there any way to change how the stats appear on gear (the green text on secondary stats). Because currently, it is buggin the crap out of me the way it looks now. Armory still shows the stats the way it has been since vanilla...and I was wondering if there is some option I am not seeing in the config, or if there is a known addon to change the appearance back to the way it used to be.

    I know I'm not the only one asking for this...so please, if you can...help.
    You should probably ask this on the official forums

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    I'm sure writing an addon to do this wouldnt be overly difficult. Unfortunately I dont have the experience, nor desire to learn yet another language at the moment.
    Careful what you say, that last sentence makes you sound like an arrogant douche tbh,

    But yea it annoys the fuck out of me, I haven't checked to see what it says for a "chance on hit" effect yet, but that will annoy me as well I'd imagine, hopefully we will get some sort of add on

  8. #8
    I know the only reason this was changed was probably because of the new item upgrade system through justice/honor or valor/conquest, but the fact is they changed other things beyond that for no particularly good reason. This game has been out since 2004; many people are used to a certain look, and the new "look" represents a mostly needless update with no purpose. The read-out for an item need not have changed except for adding the item upgrade status.

    Yes, I am picking nits, but that is what happens - and should be expected - when this sort of change happens for no good reason after years of it being another way.

    “All statements within these quotation marks are untrue.”

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy View Post
    I know the only reason this was changed was probably because of the new item upgrade system through justice/honor or valor/conquest, but the fact is they changed other things beyond that for no particularly good reason. This game has been out since 2004; many people are used to a certain look, and the new "look" represents a mostly needless update with no purpose. The read-out for an item need not have changed except for adding the item upgrade status.

    Yes, I am picking nits, but that is what happens - and should be expected - when this sort of change happens for no good reason after years of it being another way.
    And the major argument to that is, people are too freaking afraid of change. I welcome this change. I got so sick of many of the crafted random items not having their secondary stats showing up as 'Equip:'. Now, everything looks the same. Fine by me, and I've been playing since vanilla. I never did understand why they had the 'Equip:' part on there anyway; regular stats didn't need it either, so what's the point? Now it's all the same, nice and uniform. At least secondary stats are still green, you got to keep that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  10. #10
    Mechagnome mypally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    C eh N eh D eh
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Careful what you say, that last sentence makes you sound like an arrogant douche tbh,

    But yea it annoys the fuck out of me, I haven't checked to see what it says for a "chance on hit" effect yet, but that will annoy me as well I'd imagine, hopefully we will get some sort of add on
    Not how I meant for it to come off. Writing an addon is something I've wanted to do for a while, I just never find the time to learn a new language. Seems I only ever do that for school. It also doesnt seem too hard to write an addon that works all right, while it seems very hard to write one that the general public approves of and uses.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

  11. #11
    Warchief Hastings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laniakea Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Earth
    Posts
    2,194
    The old look was much better, please bring it back!
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Wowhead has a page for how XML (I think) can be used to customize the text layout.

    So expect modders to be making their own visual schemes soon.

    Personally, it looks horrible as it is, and Blizzard is probably expecting modders to fix it how they want it.

    EQ2 stat layout scheme, please!

    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Truth_...%28Mythical%29
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Korrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    754
    This was the closest i could get without doing some major google-ishing:

    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/itemtooltipcleaner
    Doesn't matter whatever picture I post here, "Scrapbot" will allways infract me for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •