Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Coming back to my dk after years

hello,
    i played my dk as my main in wrath but went on an emo rage quit of all melee dps at all when they took our armor pen my buddy hopped on my account (i know i know) and leveled it because in our alt raid we wanted another dps so i figured why not its time to go back to him, just a quick overview of the changes and any tips i would appreciate

Well. DK's have changed somewhat drastically since Wrath.

I hope you like Whack-A-Mole.

Wait what? DKs have not changed at all since Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    Rune Roulette.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, figured as much, legit the day they said they were taking our armor pen and making blood a tank only spec i quit my dk i was 5 shards away from skillmourne needless to say my guild wasnt very happy

Deleted
    well what could help you is that blizz now implemented a tab at your spellbook that says core abilities that gives you a general impresion of what your rotation should be.
    about major changes aver the years not alot most abilties are exactly the same as a few years ago and the ones that did change are generaly the same-ish
    but for more info on help for dk i would recommend http://www.icy-veins.com

Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    hello,
    i played my dk as my main in wrath but went on an emo rage quit of all melee dps at all when they took our armor pen my buddy hopped on my account (i know i know) and leveled it because in our alt raid we wanted another dps so i figured why not its time to go back to him, just a quick overview of the changes and any tips i would appreciate
    There's a good thread about the changes that have taken place stickied at the top of this thread. A lot of changes were made to the rune system, specs, stuff like that. Check that out, and other various guides such as icy-veins.com and noxxic.com, other than that, it's really going to just take playing it to see if you're ready to come back. I, personally, am enjoying it now more than ever. Give it a try! And then ask more specific questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping
    Yes they have. Quite a bit, actually. They still use runes, runic power, and melee weapons sure, but a lot has changed since they were first released, my friend.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I played a DK in wrath, and I came back in MoP without reading up on anything, not even spell tooltips, and I was topping DPS like i used to. They really havn't changed, still requires no skill

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty much this. keep diseases up, oblit when it lights up, , hb when its free, fs when cant do either. just whats changed is that was how i dual wielded in wrath and early cata before i mained a lock and now its how i 2h. back to dk for mop and about the only real changes are soul reaper and the new blood tap which is piss easy to use as 2h, for awhile i was dwing (spending runes on hb not oblit) and having to game uh runes to bloodtap them into death runes was an interesting change of pace.

I played a DK in wrath, and I came back in MoP without reading up on anything, not even spell tooltips, and I was topping DPS like i used to. They really havn't changed, still requires no skill
    Just the way you described your play makes it apparent it's not optimal. And topping dps like that means those around you were playing pretty terribly too because DKs are not the greatest dps at the moment - making that argument basically invalid. They do require skill to be above average at. And they have changed, even if it wasn't game breaking, changes have happened.
    Last edited by Regen; 2012-11-27 at 04:52 AM. Reason: typo
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Just the way you described your play makes it apparent it's not optimal. And topping dps like that means those around you were playing pretty terribly too because DKs are not the greatest dps at the moment - making that argument basically invalid. They do require skill to be above average at. And they have changed, even if it wasn't game breaking, changes have happened.
    I get what you are saying, subtle changes have been made, but the way the whole DPS class works is exactly the same. Maybe some different names for the spells, but they do the same. The only skill is busting CDs with procs, and a bit of rune control. Just like before. Nothing has changed.

Blood however, has changed, and does require some skill