1. #1
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    jacksonhell
    Posts
    484

    Coming back to my dk after years

    hello,
    i played my dk as my main in wrath but went on an emo rage quit of all melee dps at all when they took our armor pen my buddy hopped on my account (i know i know) and leveled it because in our alt raid we wanted another dps so i figured why not its time to go back to him, just a quick overview of the changes and any tips i would appreciate

  2. #2
    Brewmaster OneSent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Forest
    Posts
    1,463
    Well. DK's have changed somewhat drastically since Wrath.

    I hope you like Whack-A-Mole.
    If you showed a caveman our technology, he would think it was magic. If you showed modern man magic, he would think it was technology.

  3. #3
    Wait what? DKs have not changed at all since Wrath

  4. #4
    Brewmaster OneSent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Forest
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    Wait what? DKs have not changed at all since Wrath
    Rune Roulette.
    If you showed a caveman our technology, he would think it was magic. If you showed modern man magic, he would think it was technology.

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    jacksonhell
    Posts
    484
    Yeah, figured as much, legit the day they said they were taking our armor pen and making blood a tank only spec i quit my dk i was 5 shards away from skillmourne needless to say my guild wasnt very happy

  6. #6
    Mechagnome lisavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    belgium/kortrijk
    Posts
    538
    well what could help you is that blizz now implemented a tab at your spellbook that says core abilities that gives you a general impresion of what your rotation should be.
    about major changes aver the years not alot most abilties are exactly the same as a few years ago and the ones that did change are generaly the same-ish
    but for more info on help for dk i would recommend http://www.icy-veins.com
    You know me... but I do not know you. You would speak against me... make the others see me as you do... you would have them distrust their comrade of old... their brother... You will not be allowed to spread any of your malicious falsehoods...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith06 View Post
    hello,
    i played my dk as my main in wrath but went on an emo rage quit of all melee dps at all when they took our armor pen my buddy hopped on my account (i know i know) and leveled it because in our alt raid we wanted another dps so i figured why not its time to go back to him, just a quick overview of the changes and any tips i would appreciate
    There's a good thread about the changes that have taken place stickied at the top of this thread. A lot of changes were made to the rune system, specs, stuff like that. Check that out, and other various guides such as icy-veins.com and noxxic.com, other than that, it's really going to just take playing it to see if you're ready to come back. I, personally, am enjoying it now more than ever. Give it a try! And then ask more specific questions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping
    Wait what? DKs have not changed at all since Wrath
    Yes they have. Quite a bit, actually. They still use runes, runic power, and melee weapons sure, but a lot has changed since they were first released, my friend.

  8. #8
    I played a DK in wrath, and I came back in MoP without reading up on anything, not even spell tooltips, and I was topping DPS like i used to. They really havn't changed, still requires no skill

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire draganid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    Wait what? DKs have not changed at all since Wrath
    pretty much this. keep diseases up, oblit when it lights up, , hb when its free, fs when cant do either. just whats changed is that was how i dual wielded in wrath and early cata before i mained a lock and now its how i 2h. back to dk for mop and about the only real changes are soul reaper and the new blood tap which is piss easy to use as 2h, for awhile i was dwing (spending runes on hb not oblit) and having to game uh runes to bloodtap them into death runes was an interesting change of pace.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    I played a DK in wrath, and I came back in MoP without reading up on anything, not even spell tooltips, and I was topping DPS like i used to. They really havn't changed, still requires no skill
    Just the way you described your play makes it apparent it's not optimal. And topping dps like that means those around you were playing pretty terribly too because DKs are not the greatest dps at the moment - making that argument basically invalid. They do require skill to be above average at. And they have changed, even if it wasn't game breaking, changes have happened.
    Last edited by Regen; 2012-11-27 at 04:52 AM. Reason: typo

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Just the way you described your play makes it apparent it's not optimal. And topping dps like that means those around you were playing pretty terribly too because DKs are not the greatest dps at the moment - making that argument basically invalid. They do require skill to be above average at. And they have changed, even if it wasn't game breaking, changes have happened.
    I get what you are saying, subtle changes have been made, but the way the whole DPS class works is exactly the same. Maybe some different names for the spells, but they do the same. The only skill is busting CDs with procs, and a bit of rune control. Just like before. Nothing has changed.

    Blood however, has changed, and does require some skill

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •