Valor item upgrade prio

Where should we start with valor points upgrades?

I was thinking of fully upgrading my dmc first, but then got to thinking about daggers. Got both msv daggers normal and yet with legendary gems would lfr sha daggers be better?

Also have normal bottle of infinite stars, maybe that should be first...

Too many options for minmaxing!
    Never argue with and idiot. They bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Some people should be forced to re-level their toons, and pay more attention to the process...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soxyboi View Post
    Where should we start with valor points upgrades?

I was thinking of fully upgrading my dmc first, but then got to thinking about daggers. Got both msv daggers normal and yet with legendary gems would lfr sha daggers be better?

Also have normal bottle of infinite stars, maybe that should be first...

Too many options for minmaxing!
    very easy question to answer. upgrade things that are bis or closest to bis first
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

isn't it just armors? no weapon and trinkets
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

You can absolutely upgrade weapons and trinkets.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    idk where you read that. theres even a list of items that are upgradeable on the front page right now(link to list on wowdb) and weapons and trinkets are all upgradeable besides the new rep trinkets and season 13 pvp gear which is both prolly because it isnt actually in game yet
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    Nope, weapons and trinkets too.

OT: For me it's gonna be weapons and trinkets, because those for me are hardest to come by.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    very easy question to answer. upgrade things that are bis or closest to bis first
    Thing is I have multiple items that qualify as im not killing heroics yet.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rayal/advanced
    Cant decide between tier pieces, trinkets and daggers. Or whether daggers are worth it at all considering lfr sha ones may be an upgrade with legendary gems.
    Never argue with and idiot. They bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Some people should be forced to re-level their toons, and pay more attention to the process...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soxyboi View Post
    Thing is I have multiple items that qualify as im not killing heroics yet.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rayal/advanced
    Cant decide between tier pieces, trinkets and daggers. Or whether daggers are worth it at all considering lfr sha ones may be an upgrade with legendary gems.
    imo just do trinkets if they are pre heroic bis because trinkets and weapons are always the highest dps slots of gear and your daggers arent bis but best would most likely be the bottle trinket . luckily for me on my lock i can do both because im using darkmoon card, alchemist stone(my 2 bis till heroic elegon) my bis off hand and the t1 pvp weapon xD

10+ Year Old Account
    If the DMC can indeed be upgraded via Valor, then I will be doing that first. After that, I will most likely upgrade my Heroic Fist weapons, followed by any Heroic BiS item I receive.

Deleted
    Weapons >> trinkets >> armor that gives you the highest stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Weapons >> trinkets >> armor that gives you the highest stats.
    i would probably go weapons -> trinkets -> rings -> armour that gives hies stats due to "can only 1/2 upgrade an item a week and weap/trink/ring are replaced a lot less often especialy trink/ring as u got 2 so can upgraded the one you know ur gona keep longer first.

Deleted
    I will begin with Weapons, so that I have a max i-level main hand for both combat and ass/sub at least.

I'll then go for the DMC trinket, as that is essentially all being ploughed into agility and it is the kind've item that is (sort of) over-budget for it's ilevel.

Then... I'll look at the best itemised tier pieces, and look to upgrade them. That may possibly be Helm + Shoulders but I am apprehensive to say that due to being over the expertise cap in some BiS setups...

Not that I am at BiS (493 ilevel)

509 weapons > 502 Bottle > 502 weapons > 496 weapons >
    489 bottle > DMC trinket > 409 crit trinket that i dont care about the name of >
    489 weapons > lfr weapons > lfr bottle >>>>> gear in other slots

edit: this is my opinion

I'm just going to upgrade whatever gives me the most stats from upgrading.

Don't neglect weapon dps as a stat- and a very valuable one.

In general, I think your strat depends on whether you have access to BIS or will. For instance, Hoodrogue lists 502 bottle (the best trinket) as being very high, which I would agree with. But he lists 489 bottle as being above the DMC trinket. I would say that's only true if you don't plan to see the 502 bottle, but you have a decent shot of using the DMC trinket the whole tier- repping it requires that one SLIGHTLY better trinket, and you probably have your DMC card now (or will soon).

He also lists LFR bottle as being above "gear in other slots". But that's silly- you'll probably replace the LFR bottle real soon, and you'll have thrown away a week and a half of valor (and remember upgrading ALL your pieces takes around 6 months, so you don't want to waste valor on a piece you'll grow out of real soon).

I would recommend:

Any BIS (weapon > trinket > gear*) > Anything you plan to hold for a long damned time (weapon > trinket > gear*) > Anything else

Gear, as in armor, would be: Chest / Head / Legs > Shoulder / Belt / Gloves / Boots > Ring / Neck / Cloak / Bracers

Bracers > Cloak > Jewelry if you care about armor, but you don't.

I plan to upgrade my DMF trinket, because I plan on using it for months, and the upgrade from it is marginal and pretty deep into heroics, and my 509 bracers that I got from the BMAH. I have a 502 dagger from stone dogs that is tempting me, mostly because it will still be an offhand even after I get a sha-touched- and even after I get a sha-touched and a heroic sha-touched later, I would still offhand the 502 over the 496 sans gem.