10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Rape wouldn't normally be covered by shock.
    I'm aware of what shock is. And its about as likely to result in rape as it is to shooting someone with a rifle, shooting again several times with a pistol after she "laughed at him," dragging her across the basement, realizing she was still alive, and putting a bullet point blank into her skull.

And even if it was. Are you saying you want an individual capable of psychopathic action loose in the world? Regardless of the stimuli for said actions?

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Kasierith I'm just going to say that your rape analogy is absolutely awful, sorry. Doesn't work here.
    It wasn't my analogy. Read up before attempting to post a derisive comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    You are talking about the "shock" when you act without thinking, something happens you are in the shock and boom you snap and shit goes down. Right?
    Seriously, read SirRobin's link to shock. Shock causes you to act without thinking if something awful happens to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Deleted
    Im completely fine with this. Not only they broke in to his home but she was stupid enough to laugh at man who was just shooting her. Less bad genes on earth - happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kjcasey View Post
    Why in the heck are we talking about rape this is stupid. These kids even though its horrible what happened were in the wrong. Felony Home Invasion can result in death
    Houses are turrets now? How far do homes extend? Can you buy more land and call that your home? Don't you see the logical implications of this thinking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    If you're assuming that he was denied his rights as a US citizen to be legally represented, than I'll have to call that a facetious argument. You're also basing your entire discussion on a subjective hypothetical.

As for entering no plea... perhaps its a measure of guilt.
    I am not assuming he was denied his rights. It is a very common tactic for police to "discourage" an attorney being present during "questioning." I've gone through it a couple of times myself. If he was more mentally vulnerable, due to shock, then he would be quite susceptible to saying all sorts of things. Pretty much whatever the interrogator "encouraged" him to say or admit too. The claim or implication that he "relished" the kill is just as, if not even more, hypothetical.

The no plea could also be a state of confusion. He is an old man. Not hard to say "not guilty."
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    That's exactly how it should be in this case. The person has no right to do that.
    3 Men rather then 2. To be honest this scenario in the OP is much more serious and considering the below outcome made the defendants put in jail, I am sure the OP will have the same outcome but with more years.

Here is where I heard it.

Last edited by Mister K; 2012-11-28 at 01:35 AM.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate how the media is pushing harder and harder for us to hand over our guns. The post a picture of the home owner's mug shot but the teens have personal photos posted. Its crap the teens where in the wrong when they decided to rob someone, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    The man didn't rape them (unless I missed something, link it or quote it, please ) Assuming that my argument about shock would also attribute to other situations without a single similarity is insulting and frankly, pathetic, unreasonable, and ignorant.

Something.

Amen, it's tragic! It's sad and I feel for the families involved! Bottom line don't break into someone's home! You can be killed! If someone comes into my I WILL shot them dead!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware of what shock is. And its about as likely to result in rape as it is to shooting someone with a rifle, shooting again several times with a pistol after she "laughed at him," dragging her across the basement, realizing she was still alive, and putting a bullet point blank into her skull.

And even if it was. Are you saying you want an individual capable of psychopathic action loose in the world? Regardless of the stimuli for said actions?
    Again, shock covers what happened after the trauma, not during. I've already explained what covers his actions during.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Wishing for someone to go into a loony bin and have their whole life ruined just because they disagree with you is pretty damn sociopathic. Misconstruing his words and twisting them around in an attempt to make your own arguments look better is loony if you ask me.
    rofl. I hope he goes to a psych ward to get better. Not a "loony bin"

Then let's quote you
    "misconstruing words and twisting them around"
    haha

next, you dont care that you killed someone. is death not ruining someone's life? I guess not since they're dead....so they don't even have a life anymore. God damn man, can you not see how killing someone is worse than having them in a psychiatric facility where they try to cure them of sociopathy?

yet...i'm the sociopath. you aren't serious, i know you're joking now.

I see that home intrusion is a very horrible crime one in which a lot of innocent people get killed. I would rather see the criminal get it than the homeowner who is at his house not bothering a soul
    Houses are turrets now? How far do homes extend? Can you buy more land and call that your home? Don't you see the logical implications of this thinking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    The man didn't rape them (unless I missed something, link it or quote it, please ) Assuming that my argument about shock would also attribute to other situations without a single similarity is insulting and frankly, pathetic, unreasonable, and ignorant.
    In all fairness, since you have chosen to take such a high road in what I have attempted to keep a civil discussion... the reason why I continued such a connection is that anyone who has studied shock knows that your attribution of his actions to shock and thus ignore the parameters of the condition and inserting your own hypotheses as fact is equally pathetic, unreasonable, and ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Seriously, read SirRobin's link to shock. Shock causes you to act without thinking if something awful happens to you.
    That's what I ment? Something happens to you causing you go into "shock" and act irresponsibly...
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Again, shock covers what happened after the trauma, not during. I've already explained what covers his actions during.
    After everything? Sure, that would be a possible explanation. Guilt, however, fits the bill just as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Since when is you getting psychiatric care something bad? And comparing it to you being a sociopath, no wonder you can't understand why killing someone is bad.
    "Care" implies something that would benefit me in some way.

I have far better things to do with the better part of my day than to care about shitheads.

Hell, those two shitheads don't even care about themselves.

'cause they're dead.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    3 Men rather then 2. To be honest this scenario in the OP is much more serious and considering the below outcome made the defendants put in jail, I am sure the OP will have the same outcome but with more years.

Here is where I heard it.

that's very different from what you said originally, if the random guy in this video is to be believed as some primary source.

10+ Year Old Account
    rofl. I hope he goes to a psych ward to get better. Not a "loony bin"

Then let's quote you
    "misconstruing words and twisting them around"
    haha

next, you dont care that you killed someone. is death not ruining someone's life? I guess not since they're dead....so they don't even have a life anymore. God damn man, can you not see how killing someone is worse than having them in a psychiatric facility where they try to cure them of sociopathy?

yet...i'm the sociopath. you aren't serious, i know you're joking now.
    You're certainly being an asshole by skewing ALL of our words. Quit saying that because he agrees with one thing that he must agree to something 1000x worse. It makes me sad that regardless of my insults throughout this post that you're still the more insulting one.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    After everything? Sure, that would be a possible explanation. Guilt, however, fits the bill just as well.
    Guilt would be more implied by a "guilty" plea.