Thread: diablo 3 pvp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    pvp isn't really part of the game and was even more of a side thing then even pvp in wow or custom maps are in sc2.

as for when? I doubt the d3 team even knows "when"
    Considering they marketed the game with having a PvP system it's kinda surprising its still not here after
    a half a year.

They could at least put a dueling system in the game so people can test out their gear / builds / classes
    against their friends.

And even tho D2 didn't have reward system or matchmaking for PvP there was still a healthy PvP community.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    ...and there wasn't even "PvP" in Diablo 2. Just the option to fight each other, that's it.
    K. Let me do that, at least. I couldn't care less about ranking or arenas, I just want to be ABLE from time to time to kill someone ingame. It feels so stupid that this feature is missing... I just don't know what else to say.

Why would you want the option to kill someone in game? So you can join people's public games and grief them? My pathetically geared archon white hits for over 180k, that'd kill literally anyone in one tick, whats the point?

I was excited about PvP when D3 was announced. But then there was the RMAH.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Why would you want the option to kill someone in game? So you can join people's public games and grief them? My pathetically geared archon white hits for over 180k, that'd kill literally anyone in one tick, whats the point?
    I don't really see anyone advocating for the return of PKing and griefing in this thread, people want casual duels so they can mess around with their friends outside town. Dueling was a significant part of what made D2 fun for some people.

As for your 180k hits, I'm fairly sure resistance/armor/dr% and monk/barb bonuses would significantly reduce that to a manageable hit. When people gear for PvP they will probably put more emphasis on CC reduction, defensive stats + loh/regen to survive, instead of being a 180k glass cannon that gets CCed and two shot. My monk could probably pop Serenity and kill someone in the 4 seconds before it drops if all they did was stack dps, players will adapt to things like this if they want to pvp.
    Last edited by Dhurn; 2012-12-04 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    I don't really see anyone advocating for the return of PKing and griefing in this thread, people want casual duels so they can mess around with their friends outside town. Dueling was a significant part of what made D2 fun for some people.

As for your 180k hits, I'm fairly sure resistance/armor/dr% and monk/barb bonuses would significantly reduce that to a manageable hit. When people gear for PvP they will probably put more emphasis on CC reduction, defensive stats + loh/regen to survive, instead of being a 180k glass cannon that gets CCed and two shot. My monk could probably pop Serenity and kill someone in the 4 seconds before it drops if all they did was stack dps, players will adapt to things like this if they want to pvp.
    My average geared monk does 700k(real, not paperdoll) DPS, even if you have 95% total reduction you're going to die in about a second.

Also, I'm sure it's going to be so fun to play against people that dropped a few hundred dollars on endgame gear when it will take over a thousand hours of farming to get equivalent gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    just putting in my 2 cents but that is like saying you are upset that you have to wait for content patches in wow because you already bought the expansion
    It's like saying you are mad you cannot attack any other players in Wow, not like a content patch. GTFO
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    My average geared monk does 700k(real, not paperdoll) DPS, even if you have 95% total reduction you're going to die in about a second.

Also, I'm sure it's going to be so fun to play against people that dropped a few hundred dollars on endgame gear when it will take over a thousand hours of farming to get equivalent gear.
    Average gear with the capability for 700k single target dps? Can I see your profile because I'm clearly doing something wrong, and I'd like to know what you consider average.

As for the second part, that's a non-issue for mutual consent duels. You don't have to duel at all if you don't want to, or you can duel against your friends who don't use the RMAH so you know it's even. Obviously if I see someone in perfect gear that cost $250 per piece I'm just going to decline a duel... like a fresh 90 outside Org challenged by some full gladiator gear person would do the same.

D3 in it's current dmg/hp state cannot have PvP. You'll be seriously seeing melee classes ripped apart by ranged classes. Then if those melee classes get to the ranged they will cut them to shreds. It won't be about skill it will be like Inferno when it first came out. Running away form everything and firing one shot then running away again. You would need an across the board 90+% dmg reduction done in PvP.

I dont' expect PvP to come out till the D3 expansion comes out. Calling it now that it will be part of the next annual pass cause I don't see 80% of the people who got it for free to buy the xpac let alone people who bought the game to buy the xpac either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely they can adjust ability damage when a player hits another player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Surely they can adjust ability damage when a player hits another player.
    If they refuse to do this in a game where they give out six figure prize pools for PvP, I highly doubt they'll do this in a PvM game.