Thread: diablo 3 pvp

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

diablo 3 pvp

is it ever going to come out.....? any new tips on when maybe? im so pissed i bought the whole game and yet i don't have the full game over 6 months after puichase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilicity View Post
    is it ever going to come out.....? any new tips on when maybe? im so pissed i bought the whole game and yet i don't have the full game over 6 months after puichase.
    just putting in my 2 cents but that is like saying you are upset that you have to wait for content patches in wow because you already bought the expansion
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Depends what you mean with a "full game"? When Diablo 2 was released there was a lot of things missing that it has now. Would you not consider it a full game back then?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    this ought to probably be in the diablo forum or at the very least the video games general forum.

that being said, and i hope no one takes it personally, but i cant help but think pvp in that game would be just absolutely horrid and imbalanced. just my opinion though

10+ Year Old Account
    umm youguys arent answering the question ur just throwing in your 1/2 cent

Deleted
    Alright then. Yes, it probably will come out at some point, but no one still knows when. Only Blizzard knows, and they will tell you more when they can. Did that help you more?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't get why people can't sit outside of town dueling. That was about as addicting as item grinding.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/334-Diablo-3

We have a Diablo 3 forum too if you haven't noticed.
    On topic: no idea, once it's good enough to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    I just don't get why people can't sit outside of town dueling. That was about as addicting as item grinding.
    My thoughts exactly. I loved dueling in D2, especially low level duels where you could build ridiculous sets for lvl 9, 18 etc. I don't see why they couldn't have had that in the game at release, then add arenas later. LLD would be so fun with the reduced lvl req stat.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Never underestimate the mentality that likes to obtain some kind of artificial ego-gratification by saying "I pwned you!" =/

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    just putting in my 2 cents but that is like saying you are upset that you have to wait for content patches in wow because you already bought the expansion
    It would be more like if panderans weren't ready for the launch of mist of panderia. And still werent in the game almost a year later.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    It would be more like if panderans weren't ready for the launch of mist of panderia. And still werent in the game almost a year later.
    Not really. PvP is an afterthought in the Diablo franchise. People have a right to wonder why it didn't come with launch, and only fuels the "we didn't get a completed game" arguments. But, there's no point in trying to argue that the lack of PvP makes people not play the game. It's always been a gear-farming game, and there wasn't even "PvP" in Diablo 2. Just the option to fight each other, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not really. PvP is an afterthought in the Diablo franchise. People have a right to wonder why it didn't come with launch, and only fuels the "we didn't get a completed game" arguments. But, there's no point in trying to argue that the lack of PvP makes people not play the game. It's always been a gear-farming game, and there wasn't even "PvP" in Diablo 2. Just the option to fight each other, that's it.
    That's all pvp is.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    That's all pvp is.....
    There was no rewards, no structure, and no attempt to even organize it. Blizzard basically didn't even acknowledge that the game had PvP. Why are you expecting a game like that to have a sequel that cares more? Other than what they've already promised. The game is not intended to be built around PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    There was no rewards, no structure, and no attempt to even organize it. Blizzard basically didn't even acknowledge that the game had PvP. Why are you expecting a game like that to have a sequel that cares more? Other than what they've already promised. The game is not intended to be built around PvP.
    Relevance?

Blizzard didn't make the pvp in d2 good, the community did, this is nothing surprising.

It doesn't need to be built around it, in fact it should be the opposite, free form. Right now all you have is the hand of the developers holding people back from an area they enjoyed taking part in for what? because they don't like the balance of it? It doesn't need to be balanced, it just needs to be fun. Which it wont be because the d3 dev's have no idea what that word means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Relevance?

Blizzard didn't make the pvp in d2 good, the community did, this is nothing surprising.

It doesn't need to be built around it, in fact it should be the opposite, free form. Right now all you have is the hand of the developers holding people back from an area they enjoyed taking part in for what? because they don't like the balance of it? It doesn't need to be balanced, it just needs to be fun. Which it wont be because the d3 dev's have no idea what that word means.
    I agree, but the original comparison was the lack of pandarens in the new WoW expansion's launch. Which is waaay off base.

Relevance?

PvP needs to be balanced or it wont be fun, you cant have everyone just one hitting as where would be the fun in that, what they need to do is normalize the damage for pvp or bring in some sort of PvP gearing that would keep the damage similar but give an increase to survivability the more dedicated you are.

PvP was not meant to be there at launch anyway, it is something to be added in later once the game had been ironed out.

I played the game for just 2 months and that's it.

Imho Blizzard should release the game with PvP. It's been in development for a decade actually.And finishing the game more than once is no fun for me.

Not sure why people want PvP in diablo 3, health pools and damage are so out of whack it will make WoW pvp look balanced.

not to mention certain class(es) have CC that lasts basically forever.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-12-04 at 01:20 AM.

pvp isn't really part of the game and was even more of a side thing then even pvp in wow or custom maps are in sc2.

as for when? I doubt the d3 team even knows "when"