Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    5.1 Why Blizz Nerf us in PVE ...we need buff

    Why Blizz nerf us in PVE ....and mages dont....warr execute dont ...whyyyyy

  2. #2
    I'm confused, is this a troll?

  3. #3
    I think it is

  4. #4
    Troll or not, hes got a point. Hunter needs som serious buffs both for pve and pvp atm.

  5. #5
    Buff for PvE? No, not really.

  6. #6
    Aspect change is a nice buff. Hunters are fine.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Icebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,057
    Surv/MM may need a buff for PvP, BM just got the heavy nerf. Dunno how the aspect change will lead up though
    PvE progression, can't say a lot since we don't have any raiding hunters (never had any available with our gear req)

  8. #8
    This Lynx rush-nerf was totally uncalled for in PVE, just because some PVPer QQed about getting bursted down they have to ruin it for everyone.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  9. #9
    Hunters aren't getting any nerfs. The problem is, we ain't getting any buffs either.

    Aspect removal is only a minor change for those who didn't grasp aspect dancing. This change won't affect our dps almost at all

    MM changes, with Carefull Aim increased to 80% and Steady Focus duration increased, are as well only utility changes, that may increase MM dps for around 5% total (more if the boss has a ridiculously long 100-80% phase). This spec was broken, and it still is, great changes there.

    All those changes suggest that Blizzard really does not realise that hunters are in bad position in dps - you are nearly forced to play BM (Hate this spec, just hate it), and even if you do, don't think about being on no. 1 in recount. If you wanna be near the bottom, pick SV. If you wanna heal the boss with your shots, pick MM.

    All those problems were obvious on beta already. How come Blizzard was unaware of it and STILL IS?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    This Lynx rush-nerf was totally uncalled for in PVE, just because some PVPer QQed about getting bursted down they have to ruin it for everyone.
    That's what you get for having PvE content as well as PvP one on the same servers. It's hard to balance them out. And yes the hunter PvP burst was very insane on any class/armor user.

  11. #11
    Facts are as pure dps class: all 3 specs are very low or even close to bottom in pve (check max t14 gear dps for all classes).
    http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html

    BM opening burst will be much lower due to nerfs, and burst is all that BM really can offer.
    Survival still got top3 aoe dps in game, but on single target/multidot fights SV dps is low due to spec bad scaling. This spec really need 15% passive agility bonus back.
    MM was buffed but i got the feeling that not enough. MM depends on crit too much and with current tier/items it is hard to get 30%+ crit in raid enviroment, maybe some top raiders can reach 31-33% in BiS gear.

    That are just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by sultangurde; 2012-11-27 at 09:45 AM.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of they dies...

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire Caribald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    That's what you get for having PvE content as well as PvP one on the same servers. It's hard to balance them out. And yes the hunter PvP burst was very insane on any class/armor user.
    that was due to the stampede bug and if you stand alone with no one else in range for the pet to jump to during lynx rush, which isn't the hunter's fault.
    My old solo stuff can be seen on Twitch and Youtube

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    that was due to the stampede bug and if you stand alone with no one else in range for the pet to jump to during lynx rush, which isn't the hunter's fault.
    Hey, let me tell you why your opinion is bad and you should change it.

    You obviously haven't played PvP, but i'll explain to you how deciding which target to burst down is done:

    Basically you go in and make some kind of CC on them (a double/triple fear, for instance), or just wait untill they are in a bad position, then you switch with all CDs and kill the dude in 1-2 globals. If he's been feared to africa, there's no way he is near other people for your lynx rush to destroy them aswell.

    And the reason i noted a triple fear, is because you suggest people should stack up at all times when lynx rush is not on cooldown, getting such a triple fear isn't really hard then.

    Also i can name another example so you won't say its comp based: Glyph of Explosive trap, go figure.

  14. #14
    We got slightly buffed from the aspect change in pve... absolutely no nerfs though.

  15. #15
    i wish they would give marksmen the ability to dual wield guns so they could introduce pistols imagine disengaging back while spraying of sum shots...... awsome

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Velestro View Post
    i wish they would give marksmen the ability to dual wield guns so they could introduce pistols imagine disengaging back while spraying of sum shots...... awsome
    That was... very, very off topic XD. Anyway in regards to what I said, the lynx rush change shouldn't be considered as a nerf because it is higher than where it was before in terms of damage. Either way AMoC is still the superior talent, so... no nerfs.

  17. #17
    The only thing that needs a buff is MM, god i miss that spec.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    Facts are as pure dps class: all 3 specs are very low or even close to bottom in pve (check max t14 gear dps for all classes).
    http://simulationcraft.org/510/Raid_T14H.html
    First of all NEVER EVER use simulationcraft as source of any information. Because this information has nothing to do with real raid environment. WOL is the only thing that you can rely on. And still you need to use it with caution.

    Second - guess what? There MUST be one class at the bottom of the dps chart. Hunters were at good spot in Cata. Now its your turn to be at the bottom.
    I do understand that no one likes to be at the bottom, but you can't disagree that when other classes were at the bottom before, you did not create "we need to buff %classname%" threads.
    Last edited by traen; 2012-11-27 at 10:35 AM.

  19. #19
    Even tough i realy like my Survival spec hunter wich i find realy realy fun with its mobility and rotation, i'm droping the towel till some buffs arrive.

    It's all fun and peaches to play casualy and have fun with your class but when you simply can't mathematicaly compete with 6 other guildies simply because they picked class X and Y, even tough you have the same ilvl, same raid atendance, etc, this is where i draw the line.

    In the start everything is fine and dandy because players are adjusting, practicing, gearing, scalling and improving and everyone has some "excuse" not to be on top, but after so many weeks and still the same people being on top and the same people strugling this makes the whole game not worth it imho.

    Fun is essencial in the game, but for me i always had to have fun+performance, simply because most of my enjoyment and the will to get better gear is for that: competition. If i can't compete no matter how well i play or how much hours i spend practicing or what gear i get, because its mathmaticaly impossible to go over some classes/specs, then for me half the fun is gone and raiding is nearly a chore.


    I understand that some people are having fun, and i understand that some people are doing OK, and i also understand that most can think that my "complain" is not relevant because i'm not on a top 100 guild and thus the hunter dps is "fine" in casual play, but as a person that realy wants to compete at my level with my guildies and has no chance no matter what i do, i'll have to say that i'm throwing the towel and giving up on my hunter.

    It's realy sad when you can't play the class you enjoy because blizzard is (and always was) terrible at class balance. This whole "we'll fix it on next patch 3 months from now, or perhaps on the other one next to it in 6 months" is geting realy old, way too old...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    First of all NEVER EVER use simulationcraft as source of any information. Because this information has nothing to do with real raid environment. WOL is the only thing that you can rely on. And still you need to use it with caution.

    Second - guess what? There MUST be one class at the bottom of the dps chart. Hunters were at good spot in Cata. Now its your turn be at the bottom.
    I do understand that no one likes to be at the bottom, but you can't disagree that when other classes were at the bottom before, you did not create "we need to buff %classname%" threads.
    Lets bring a tiny bit of logic to our conversation, ok? Simulationcraft is here not to be the "one and only Oracle". It just gives a general overview on class potential in current tier etc.

    I totally agree that some char has to be on top, same about the bottom. But refresh my mind, in which patch mages and warlocks was on this very bottom?

    Cheers
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of they dies...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •