Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost T14 BiS Trinket

With the VP upgrade system coming out, how does the Relic of Xuen with 2 upgrades compared to H Lei Shin's Final Orders (2/2) and H Darkmist Vortex (2/2)?

Stat budgets go up exponentially so the difference between a 509 and a 517 should be larger than the difference between a 476 and a 484. Any theorycrafters wanna share some ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would still think that the DMC would be better, but I have no real evidence to support that besides a gut feeling.

I would think they'd hold the same rank as they did before.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-11-27 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    Correct me if I am wrong but as upgrade only the stat improves and the proc remains the same, not? So then the list shouldn't change at least for top 3.

Proc amount goes up aswell.
    Also ilvl increase is linear not exponentially (hence why certain piece of gear can be better than current tier level gear in the past), so the list should stay the same
    I have loved to the point of madness; That which is called madness, That which to me, is the only sensible way to love.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eeket/advanced

Deleted
    Aha thanks for the info Zarosia. Yes linear scaling won't change the list.

Ayep, first two upgrades are my Relic of Xuen, because why the fuck not?
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Yes as a 2h'er I was thinking to upgrade Relic (1500 VP) and weapon (1500 VP). Should be a good start. The afterwards Lei Shin's from the next week cap (750 VP).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Yes as a 2h'er I was thinking to upgrade Relic (1500 VP) and weapon (1500 VP). Should be a good start. The afterwards Lei Shin's from the next week cap (750 VP).
    Depends on what weapon you have, but if it's BiS you should be getting the most out of that.

Well here's what I'll do, odds are I might win the LFR Axe off Sha this week, and my guild isnt anywhere near terrace progression yet, so come then with next week's VP and my current, I can upgrade 4 times. So.

Assuming I get the axe, upgrading it and the relic, so it'll be best possible damage until we get to regular Sha of Fear, or Heroic Elegon.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Yeah I bought tank pieces 2 weeks ago because I didn't expect 5.1 so soon so I'll only be going into this week with 1700... needless to say I'll be using both upgrades on my Heroic Starshatter. Even though it's not BiS, by the time I get a Heroic Sha weapon progression is over. Probably going DMC or a heroic tier piece after that,

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Yeah I bought tank pieces 2 weeks ago because I didn't expect 5.1 so soon so I'll only be going into this week with 1700... needless to say I'll be using both upgrades on my Heroic Starshatter. Even though it's not BiS, by the time I get a Heroic Sha weapon progression is over. Probably going DMC or a heroic tier piece after that,
    Aye, this is correct to the dime, twice upgraded HC startshatter sims out to be better than normal Shin'ka WITH the gem accounted for it.

Deleted
    No matter what all the sims and theorycraft sites tell, I personally don't like DMC and prefer Lei Shin's Final Orders HC with Darkmist Vortex HC

Gameplay feels really slow without the haste from Lei Shin's Final Orders imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Aye, this is correct to the dime, twice upgraded HC startshatter sims out to be better than normal Shin'ka WITH the gem accounted for it.
    even a twice upgraded shin'ka?

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    No matter what all the sims and theorycraft sites tell, I personally don't like DMC and prefer Lei Shin's Final Orders HC with Darkmist Vortex HC

Gameplay feels really slow without the haste from Lei Shin's Final Orders imo.
    Yeah I agree with that. My gameplay feels a bit slower as I lost 1k haste gaining 4 set but 8500 haste is still fairly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    even a twice upgraded shin'ka?
    Depends on the spec, it's really close (within 1-2% margin).

So is the DMC really that good? i currently have vortex + lei shin's , is the DMC worth buying and upgrading it ? Both my current trinkets are normal , not heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Enu View Post
    So is the DMC really that good? i currently have vortex + lei shin's , is the DMC worth buying and upgrading it ? Both my current trinkets are normal , not heroic
    In short, yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enu View Post
    Imo no. There is no point buying the DMC if you already have both N trinkets. Yes, it's still a dps increase but it doesn't worth 15-20k gold for you because you won't even notice the dps increase.

Considering it's better than both Heroic Trinkets, yes it is worth buying.
    I have loved to the point of madness; That which is called madness, That which to me, is the only sensible way to love.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eeket/advanced