Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Latest sim I've ran show that DMC isn't BiS anymore. If anyonelse got sims to share I'd really appreciate it.

But basically the more haste is valuable the less DMC will be powerful if compared to both HC trinkets and, at a certain haste value, they both will become better than DMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Latest sim I've ran show that DMC isn't BiS anymore. If anyonelse got sims to share I'd really appreciate it.

But basically the more haste is valuable the less DMC will be powerful if compared to both HC trinkets and, at a certain haste value, they both will become better than DMC.
    Got any links? because the ones ive found/seen on simulationcraft and EJ still show Relic as better.
    And its true that haste does edge out str in a 2:1 ratio, however only Darkmist edjes out the proc of DMC, where as lei shin's is still a small amount behind at the heroic level, lower levels this gap is even bigger.

Although if you can provide logs showing lei shin as better then im clearly just talking out of my ass
    I have loved to the point of madness; That which is called madness, That which to me, is the only sensible way to love.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eeket/advanced

Psh whatever to all y'all, I'll chill here with my Carbonic Crucible still equipped.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarosia View Post
    Got any links? because the ones ive found/seen on simulationcraft and EJ still show Relic as better.
    And its true that haste does edge out str in a 2:1 ratio, however only Darkmist edjes out the proc of DMC, where as lei shin's is still a small amount behind at the heroic level, lower levels this gap is even bigger.

Although if you can provide logs showing lei shin as better then im clearly just talking out of my ass
    I posted my results on EJ, couldn't get any screenshots cause I was at *cough* work.

If I have some free time before tonight raid gonna run sim again and gonna post them as soon as I can.

Oh, just to be clear, I ran sims with BiS gear so Relic is still more powerful if you are in lower gear (that means also that Haste is more valuable because it scales better than strength).

Deleted

Simcraft 5.1.0
    Profile T14 H
    Iterations: 50k
    Fight: Patchwerk

I'm currently running with relic and heroic lei shen's, and planning to keep them.

I don't care if vortex is better on paper, whenever I can ams soak I barely have any open gcds. I don't feel like I can realistically get full use out of the vortex proc on any encounters where I'll be taking magic damage.

If the difference between heroic vortex and relic is only 700 dps I'm sticking with relic. If the haste proc from vortex makes me waste one frost strike every 180 seconds or one howling blast every 90 seconds relic would have been better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I'm currently running with relic and heroic lei shen's, and planning to keep them.

I don't care if vortex is better on paper, whenever I can ams soak I barely have any open gcds. I don't feel like I can realistically get full use out of the vortex proc on any encounters where I'll be taking magic damage.

If the difference between heroic vortex and relic is only 700 dps I'm sticking with relic. If the haste proc from vortex makes me waste one frost strike every 180 seconds or one howling blast every 90 seconds relic would have been better.
    That's up to you but when judging on BiS gear you usually use Sims.

Only when you actually have the feeling of your playstyle you can decide however you want
    Last edited by mmocc39afa2be3; 2012-12-05 at 09:03 PM.

Of course, my point is that bis on paper will not necessarily translate into optimal performance in real situations.

Simcraft could really use a way to factor in rp gain from ams.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2012-12-05 at 09:16 PM.

Its the consensus of the folks in #acherus that in real world situations relic > darkmist in most cases for DW. Granted there's a lot of things you take into account... Fight length, haste buffs, ams usages etc...

Deleted
    Sorry to find it hard to believe a DK who has never done anything worth mentioning in PvE.

Relic + Lei Shi is BIS if you get lucky and the procs line up (which most of the time they do). This is what i'm running with atm and i'm consistently getting top 20 ranks (4 set, 497 ilvl, 504 Shinka)

The ICD on darkmist simply throws your CD stacking out of whack and a lot of the time when you get that much haste proccing you'll end up RP capped and GCD capped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    Sorry to find it hard to believe a DK who has never done anything worth mentioning in PvE.
    Fail.

I didn't post a personal opinion, that's what I get with simulations and IF you would be able to use simcraft you'll get very similar results.