Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question (MW) Stat Priority Changes 5.1?

I want to start this post off with, I did not see any threads pertaining to these two questions.

I was reviewing the final notes on patch 5.1 and had a few questions.

Current stat priorities: Intel/Spirit (depending on regen requirements) Crit (RnG Dependent) Mastery (RnG Dependent) Haste

Patch Note Changes***

***The healing provided by the Healing Sphere base spell has been increased by 20%.

What is everyone's thoughts now on mastery becoming more important, than lets say Haste or Crit? I realize crit was also buffed with mana tea, but does this now mean mastery might be worth the investment?

***Haste for Mistweavers is now 50% more effective through Stance of the Wise Serpent.

I have not crunched the numbers, but can we actually obtain the second haste point for an additional RnM tick? And does this beat out crit and or mastery?

Thoughts?

The Healing Sphere change doesn't affect Gift of the Serpent, notice how it says "base spell." That leaves the value of mastery relatively unchanged.

Crit is obviously buffed to Resto Shaman levels of being god-tier for both throughput and regen.

Haste is still worthless for every spell except Soothing Mists, Enveloping Mists, Renewing Mists, and SCK. Unless you're dedicated tank healing, it'll be generally worthless except for RM ticks. Speaking of RM, its haste breakpoints are completely changing because it's going from 3 second ticks down to 2. That said, it still won't be a good idea except whatever minimum you're forced to have on your gear plus a few hundred for the closest RM tick. Remember, being at a haste breakpoint is not necessarily because of the extra healing, but for keeping it at the longest duration possible for maximum Uplift.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The Healing Sphere change doesn't affect Gift of the Serpent, notice how it says "base spell." That leaves the value of mastery relatively unchanged.

Crit is obviously buffed to Resto Shaman levels of being god-tier for both throughput and regen.

Haste is still worthless for every spell except Soothing Mists, Enveloping Mists, Renewing Mists, and SCK. Unless you're dedicated tank healing, it'll be generally worthless except for RM ticks. Speaking of RM, its haste breakpoints are completely changing because it's going from 3 second ticks down to 2. That said, it still won't be a good idea except whatever minimum you're forced to have on your gear plus a few hundred for the closest RM tick. Remember, being at a haste breakpoint is not necessarily because of the extra healing, but for keeping it at the longest duration possible for maximum Uplift.
    Ok, great. I missed the "base spell remark", makes sense.

So, based on what I am reading... since less people will be receiving RnM, that means uplifts overall healing will heal for less... thus effectively nerfing monk healing.

Right?

Nerfing the current uplift spam that is monk healing, yes. But, with the current haste/crit/regen mechanics changing will that make us weave in things like surging mist now where we wouldn't have before? Who knows....

I think the thresholds are 150 and 3148 for Renewing Mist with the 5% haste buff. 150 is such a low number you'll probably be well over it even if you reforge all your gear out of haste.

Oh, interesting note about Crit/Mastery, Crit increases the effectiveness of GotS spheres, whereas mastery does not affect the portion of heals already done by the spheres, something to think about.

Did they revert the change where Healing Spheres detonated after 30 sec?

Quote Originally Posted by Citykid View Post
    Did they revert the change where Healing Spheres detonated after 30 sec?
    Yup, like a month ago. The only change to GotS spheres is that they don't last as long.

Whats the enveloping breakpoints? I think I could hit the 3.1k haste right now when servers come up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspunreality View Post
    Whats the enveloping breakpoints? I think I could hit the 3.1k haste right now when servers come up.
    24.92% (5376) according to Valen's MW calculations. Might perhaps be interesting for Tsulong, I suppose.

E: You get an extra tick at 887 too, but should be a too low number to be relevant.
    Last edited by mmoc94ce2fe08d; 2012-11-27 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAddicted View Post
    24.92% (5376) according to Valen's MW calculations. Might perhaps be interesting for Tsulong, I suppose.

E: You get an extra tick at 887 too, but should be a too low number to be relevant.
    When you say extra tick at 887 are you refering to RnM or EM?
    Last edited by Kameha; 2012-11-27 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kameha View Post
    Where is Valen's MW calculations, and when you say extra tick at 887 are you refering to RnM or EM?
    Both values are haste plateaus for EM.

http://www.temerityofwindrunner.com/...aver/calc.html

Question then. What problems arise, if any, if I do aim and can hit 5376 haste but dont always use it? It is nice for Tsulong. And we raid with about 15 healers. So we're always 6-7 healing fights(/noose) so half the time my raid healing is non existent(2 priests, 2 paladins. CAN IT GET ANY WORSE!?) so they'll tell me to just heal whoever I want, which basically leaves me babysitting tanks. But outside of that, is the crit loss huge compared to times when I wont be making use of an extra enveloping tick? SCK will always end faster, surging.. meh. And I can cast my chi burst faster I guess?

Question then. What problems arise, if any, if I do aim and can hit 5376 haste but dont always use it? It is nice for Tsulong. And we raid with about 15 healers. So we're always 6-7 healing fights(/noose) so half the time my raid healing is non existent(2 priests, 2 paladins. CAN IT GET ANY WORSE!?) so they'll tell me to just heal whoever I want, which basically leaves me babysitting tanks. But outside of that, is the crit loss huge compared to times when I wont be making use of an extra enveloping tick? SCK will always end faster, surging.. meh. And I can cast my chi burst faster I guess?
    IMO, sacrificing crit for haste just for one fight seems like a bad idea. I personally think crit has better odds and if you are competing with other healers, it seems you would want that potential crit chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kameha View Post
    IMO, sacrificing crit for haste just for one fight seems like a bad idea. I personally think crit has better odds and if you are competing with other healers, it seems you would want that potential crit chance.

Yah. Sounds smart. I still wanna aim for the 3150 cap I think however. And thats still a bit of haste loss. Im hoping to get the Sha Sword today. Do you know if MWs can get it from a coin? Since it doesn't have spirit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you ever run with more healers than you need? Have some swap to DPS and meet enrage timers more easily...

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    Why would you ever run with more healers than you need? Have some swap to DPS and meet enrage timers more easily...
    I don't question the guild. I get upset when they tout 'Monks dominate the wol' and I don't personally. But I know I'm doing my job and I know that every extra healer just kills my healing. And the easier the content the more my healing is also killed. We did a quick MV the week before last and me and the one druid healer(Was boomkin, changed for that night) topped the meters alright. The overheals. While we got pooped on by the 3 priests and 1 pally.

If I had any clout I'd say run less healers to the guild. But then I'd probably be the first one benched cause I can't WW dps and we have much better dps sitting in the rafters too.

Rock, meet hard place.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have a bunch of disc priests and holy paladins blanketing the raid with shields on easy content, of course you won't get high numbers. Run with 5 heals and you will kill healing meters.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p8zozwvofy0vlan3/

I slacked last night. But thats my guild. My offspec is BrM but maybe I should just see how WW is. Honestly Id rather dps but every healer in the raid sucks at DPS. Literally all of us. Which is why we 6 heal.

And we're totally off topic now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, the thread was concluded a while ago... new haste cap is ~3150, priority remains: Spirit (to taste) > Int > haste to cap > crit > mastery >haste.

Anyway, quick glance at your healing breakdown on Feng makes me think you're doing fine. You won't top meters with your guild's healing setup plain and simple.