[SIM] HC Starshatter v Normal Shinka

Hello fellow wars.

-Arms Warrior-
    For some reason shinka sims 3k dps more than HC starshatter for me.

I was planning on saving my valor and spend it on upgrading HC starshatter rather than upgrade my shinka now, but after doing a couple of sim tests it seems like going from shinka to hc starshatter is a dps loss ? this is very confusing. every other website ranks starshatter hc higher but simcraft tells me otherwise.

If anyone can shed some light and clear this up for me i would be grateful.
    ps: msv is on farm it is just a matter of when the sword will drop.

Thanks.

Well Shinka is obviously better with the Sha gem. It may be factoring in you have it gemmed.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Why would you upgrade anything thats not BiS?Obviously the heroic Shinka is going to be BiS. Don't waste valor otherwise, unless you have NOTHING else to upgrade. Simcraft is known to be very wrong alot of the time. I'd think the weapon with higher Top end dmg would be better so i think starshatter is obviously better. Ok one can argue omg sha gem sha gem. 500 strength is not as high is 1k top end dmg theres no way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget you can add another 320 crit gem to Shin'ka after you get revered w/ Wrathion, further widening the gap. Also, by the time the average player kills Heroic Sha of Fear, you'd be swimming in Valor, so spend it on your normal BiS weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by kbyelol View Post
    Simcraft is known to be very wrong alot of the time.
    Could you be more specific about the errors that you are seeing? The developers would definitely appreciate the feedback.

That's weird, HC starshatter sims more than Shinka for me, even with the gem. Did you check to make sure there's only one gem in it? I remember there being a bug where it sims Shin'ka with multiple legendary gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what, crap, so if I manually added the gem from a Chardev profile, Simcraft will automatically add another gem? Blah.

Regardless of what SimC says, Requiel's spreadsheet says what OP says after factoring in the extra 320 crit gem from the new prismatic socket, so it doesn't really matter. Plus, common sense : 500 str +320 crit> 6 ilvl/ weapon damage difference, at least for Fury, especially if you upgrade Shin'ka and not Starshatter. I haven't simmed this with Arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    That's weird, HC starshatter sims more than Shinka for me, even with the gem. Did you check to make sure there's only one gem in it? I remember there being a bug where it sims Shin'ka with multiple legendary gems.
    This !
    i noticed it added 6 gems.
    now it sims properly and shinka is simming 1.2k dps lower than heroic starshatter (arms).

Thanks for the replies guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kbyelol View Post
    Why would you upgrade anything thats not BiS?Obviously the heroic Shinka is going to be BiS. Don't waste valor otherwise, unless you have NOTHING else to upgrade. Simcraft is known to be very wrong alot of the time. I'd think the weapon with higher Top end dmg would be better so i think starshatter is obviously better. Ok one can argue omg sha gem sha gem. 500 strength is not as high is 1k top end dmg theres no way.
    Pound for pound, upgrading your weapons will have by far the biggest advantage during progression then upgrading any other piece as a melee DPS.

I could be upgrading my Feng Cloak and Stone Guard Boots, both BiS, but I would be doing a disservice to my guild.

I am SMF and will probably burn 9000 valor on weapons by the time this tier is done. One can be conservative and spend their VP on lesser pieces that they will have for a longer time, but the guild that spends it on the best immediate upgrade (i.e. melee DPS on weapons) even if it isn't a long term solution will, all other things the same, out DPS you and quite possibly progress faster.