1. #1

    1000k dps burst as combat

    So I was looking around for successful rogues on WoL last night since I was pissed at my shitty dps. So I noticed this guy

    According to his WoL (link) he's literally bursting 1000k dps during the last 30sec of the fight. Also his overall dps is 305k on that fight!

    To be honest, Im speechless. I as a 484 ilvl rogue can only do close to 120k dps if my procs is ideal and if the boss mechanics doesnt ever keep me away from cleaving 2 targets.

    Is full tier/hc gear scaling insanely high or am I just missing something obvious here?

  2. #2
    Blade Flurry 28693089 42.7 % 619 46353.9 28693089

    reading is hard?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeomgCake View Post
    So I was looking around for successful rogues on WoL last night since I was pissed at my shitty dps. So I noticed this guy

    According to his WoL (link) he's literally bursting 1000k dps during the last 30sec of the fight. Also his overall dps is 305k on that fight!

    To be honest, Im speechless. I as a 484 ilvl rogue can only do close to 120k dps if my procs is ideal and if the boss mechanics doesnt ever keep me away from cleaving 2 targets.

    Is full tier/hc gear scaling insanely high or am I just missing something obvious here?
    blade flurry + bloodlust + pot + heroic gear + tricks from other rogues + skull banner + 112 tiles

    i can see it. he must have gotten godmode procs/crits but i can see it.

    also, don't rogues scale incredibly well off weapons? dude has 2 502 weps
    Last edited by crunk; 2012-11-27 at 10:38 AM.

  4. #4
    Buffs Gained: Energized tiles (112) - 112% increased damage
    Dancing steel/Full of Stars/Deep insight/Potion/AR->KS, all under flurry. His last AR/KS line up nicely with the end of the fight, and the total duration is barely 3 and a half minutes.

    I'm sure there are other things I'm missing, but this can start to dispell the haze.

    And yes, gear helps a lot.

  5. #5
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    the desert
    Posts
    105
    these..^ ^

  6. #6
    the simple fact is top 10 parses are once in a blue moon kind of things. rng plays heavily into your ability to pull numbers that redonkadonk. look at top 50 or 75 if you want to get an idea of what a high performing player "should" be pulling.

  7. #7
    The Patient nairobi13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, England
    Posts
    301
    The kids in full 509 gear. Basically saying if we want to be shit hot dps then we have to be fully BiS for the tier. Which doesn't make much sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    as a european, nothing, nothing at all

    thanks to numerous documentaries like the one you´ve linked, everyone knows, if shit happens, it will happen to the US first

  8. #8
    Basically saying if we want to be shit hot dps then we have to be fully BiS for the tier. Which doesn't make much sense?
    No, it's not at all. Please stop being stupid.

  9. #9
    The Patient nairobi13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, England
    Posts
    301
    I'm not being stupid. My point is that with average ilvl gear our dps is sub par. Compared to the gear scaling with heroic gear pushing that kind of dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    as a european, nothing, nothing at all

    thanks to numerous documentaries like the one you´ve linked, everyone knows, if shit happens, it will happen to the US first

  10. #10
    That guy probably IS a computer, speaking in luacode.
    [email protected] | 16gb RAM | Asus Geforce GTX 970 OC | 120gb SSD | 1tb HDD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    I'm not being stupid. My point is that with average ilvl gear our dps is sub par. Compared to the gear scaling with heroic gear pushing that kind of dps.
    I really don't think this is relevant to the thread. As Mug pointed out, he has his cooldowns end just as the fight does (which is the ideal case), and 112 tiles is rather redic. Rogues in much worse gear still top damage on this fight, we don't need full heroic gear to do good damage on dogs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •