I need serious help surviving bosses. WoL reports attached.

Well, ive been a bit worried about my survivability. On the final boss of MSV, my guild said I took much more damage then our monk tank and was harder to heal. However, according to WoL reports, I actually took less damage over all. I even spiked out at lower numbers. So, I want some advice. Why is it healers can't keep me alive, but the other tank who takes more damage? Here are some WoL reports.

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/56468/

That is all our reports for MSV and some HoF as well.
    This is my tank: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Holoo/simple

I do haste build, which is what they attributed to my deaths. Please, nit pick all you want and let me know what you find that would cause me to die more often then the other tank who takes more damage and higher spikes then me.

You can dismiss right away that the haste build is the reason for the damage intake. But you already know that.

Through a very quick analysis of your buffs cast on Will of the Emperor.. where is Guardian of Ancient Kings (though I'm not sure if WoL is tracking this correctly)? Why such low uptime on Divine Protection? If you're taking a lot more damage or your healers are complaining, you have several buttons that'll help that out that you're not using.

I'm not sure why you're overlapping your DP and AD at all from a damage smoothing perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    WHowever, according to WoL reports, I actually took less damage over all.
    Are you sure about that? When I select damage taken for the Will of the emperor kill I get this:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-md...?s=5220&e=5878

According to that one you are taking more damage then everyone else in the raid with 24334148 damage (33.16% of total raid damage) and the one in second place on the logs takes 17168630 damages (23.39% of total raid damage). So to me it looks like you are taking a lot more damage?

If you have a look at your personal break down. You can see that you have very little usage of things like Divine Protection(1min cd 3 uses), Holy Avenger(2min cd 3 uses), Ardent Defender(3min cd 2 uses) all used on the kill but could have significantly more up time on a 11 minute kill even giving the first minute ish doesn't have the bosses as part of the fight. Sorting out and making sure your using those cd's more often will help smooth out the overall amount of damage you take in the fight. But as the guy above me said. On the kill you took about 10% more damage than the druid tank did or roughly 7 million more damage if you prefer a number.

Proper use of cooldowns (pop cd on titan gas, unless hes doing the special avoid the crap dancing thingy), make sure you don't get stunned by the big add so you avoid devastating arc. Also, if your healers are complaining about damage taken, tell your holy paladin to use divine light and hand of sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I do haste build, which is what they attributed to my deaths. Please, nit pick all you want and let me know what you find that would cause me to die more often then the other tank who takes more damage and higher spikes then me.
    Not sure what log you're talking abou when you say that the other tank "takes more damage and higher spikes than me", since the latest will kill logged has you taking almost 25% more damage taken than your druid co-tank, which means that either he's way better geared than you, or you're doing something wrong. If you were co-tanking with a warrior you'd probably be taking almost twice as much damage as him.

Anyway, Will is all about rotating cooldowns. Just have 5 HP for after their combo for maximum mastery uptime during the part where you actually take damage, and use big cooldowns for each titan gas. Not much else to do really. Personally I use DP over Holy Avenger (even for will; so many procs!), and unbreakable spirit for almost every fight, since it greatly improves Divine Protection uptime (which should be used on cooldown, assuming you're taking damage) with its procs reducing its cooldown by half a lot of the time.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    I hate to say it but your cooldown usage was fairly bad and you got hit by the Devastating Arc. You took a lot more damage than I did on our last night's heroic mode kill, which hits 10 times harder (not sure if the Devastating Combo duration will lower the melee time, but still).

10+ Year Old Account
    Rotate your cd's properly when he starts to melee, keep weakened blows up if nobody else is doing it (target does 10% less damage - aka SOTR), dodge the swings properly and use your Holy Power correctly, don't just use sotr when you have 3 HP and a cd up proper usage of SOTR is key.
    Tankadin in Aurora. 6/6HC MSV 6/6HC HOF 3/4HC Terrace 3 days a week (25).

Cough 17% SotR uptime with haste build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's try to keep the "help me with my tanking!" topics to the thread dedicated to it, please.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!