Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[BM] Brewmasters, what upgrade do you plan to do first?

We can all assume the tier will last us another 5-5/12 months and in that time, it will be somewhat difficult to decide which items to upgrade as capping valor means you will be forced to make a decision every 3 weeks. Has anyone set out a priority system? I have considered such things as weapon/trinkets/tier before anything else.
    "The ocean is a scary place. It's full of water and stuff."

I got a couple upgrades from the BMAH, so I'll probably upgrade those first as I don't plan to replace them until 5.2 at the earliest.

Beyond that... Honestly, not sure. Don't forget that there's VP items from the new reputations as well. Could take a while before you're 'forced' to spend VP on item upgrading.

I guess you upgrade heroic items as/when you get them, with a priority for weapons/trinkets perhaps? Like, if you've got a sha-touched weapon. That'll want upgrading sooner rather than later.

Problem I face is, I am sitting around 489 ilvl and nothing from vendors is an option anymore, by next week I'll be capped. I am forced to make a decision. If something like Gao-Rei doesn't drop today in our farm I might have to upgrade Screaming Tiger instead OR buff one of my 4 trinkets/tier. Wish they had a refund option.

I'll be upgrading my DMC(if I can even afford that, I haven't bothered with capping VP because I don't like farming dungeons, dailies or scenarios, and raids give too little VP)

Gao-Rei.

Still working on the first few MSV Heroics, so the Tsulong stick is going to be with me for a long, long time =p
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    I'll be upgrading my DMC(if I can even afford that, I haven't bothered with capping VP because I don't like farming dungeons, dailies or scenarios, and raids give too little VP)
    I lacked the funds to get Xuen when a guildie gave me Nuizao free, so I have the choice of that, WoWDB added the on use to like...9300 dodge for 10 sec, pretty nice all things considered. HP wasn't present for whatever raisin, I imagine it will be somewhere around 1200 stam

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Gao-Rei.

Still working on the first few MSV Heroics, so the Tsulong stick is going to be with me for a long, long time =p
    I am really hoping the same thing. Won't have access to heroics for a while so a 504 stick with 1800 agi is sexy.

The Patient
    Xuen trinket, without a doubt.

Dreadlord
    Well im currently in possesion of a HC bottle of infinite stars. So thats definitaly one of the pieces that will get an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Gao-Rei.

Same.

Gao Rei upgrades agi, stam, weapon damage, expertise, and mastery (blech).
    Will probably do my Lei Shi trinket as well.

Lei Shi Trinket > Searing Words (fuck you Elegon)>Tier>if I EVER get them, claws from Shek'zeer
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

496 Tier pieces - Xuen (unless normal Elegon Bottle or Lei Shi drops) - Other 496 gear.

Mostly focused on items I know I wont be replacing for a while.

The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    496 Tier pieces - Xuen (unless normal Elegon Bottle or Lei Shi drops) - Other 496 gear.

Sustaining the lifespan of any good item is a great idea. I'd considered weapons beyond anything else, but also set bonuses are invaluable for BrM atm so I consider that too. I am wondering if holding out for 502/509 items is worth while or just using 496 and bringing them up to par with the heroic pieces.

The tricky things with weapons (at least for me) is I have the 2x Gara 1H and the 489 staff, but upgrading either could easily get replaced by the 483 LFR with the sha socket + hoping to have shots at the 496 versions soon. So upgrading weapons is muddied by the LFR weapon being available to everyone technically and still getting replaced if your clearing Terrace.

The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post

Any reason why you would take the Elegon trinket over DMC? I've seen people say it's better but I can't see why.

I've already upgraded Xuen once, will get a second one once i get a few more VP

Quote Originally Posted by zucchellij View Post
    Any reason why you would take the Elegon trinket over DMC? I've seen people say it's better but I can't see why.
    I only have the LFR Elegon, reluctant to upgrade it when the normal mode + Lei Shi trinket is still out there for me.

Tier Head/Chest, since it'll be a while until I kill Sha of Fear or Grand Empress on HC, then HC trinkets and weapon, the rest I'll upgrade as I get BiS items from hc bosses already on farm. If you have relic of xuen I'd upgrade that first since its simply awesome.

Regarding why the Elegon trinket is now more desirable is thanks to the energy regen given by ascension talent and elusive brew now stacking properly using 2hander, I have more energy than I can waste going over 1min on shuffle duration and having already 8+ stacks of elusive brew right after it goes off, more and more are finding mastery more desirable as people enter hc with such high amounts of crit and haste already.

Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    Problem I face is, I am sitting around 489 ilvl and nothing from vendors is an option anymore, by next week I'll be capped. I am forced to make a decision. If something like Gao-Rei doesn't drop today in our farm I might have to upgrade Screaming Tiger instead OR buff one of my 4 trinkets/tier. Wish they had a refund option.
    Don't upgrade a weapon unless it is Sha Touched. Upgrade your closest to BIS piece you have, and save valor for a sha touched weapon. That is my opinion and my plan.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Muppsan View Post
    Tier Head/Chest, since it'll be a while until I kill Sha of Fear or Grand Empress on HC, then HC trinkets and weapon, the rest I'll upgrade as I get BiS items from hc bosses already on farm. If you have relic of xuen I'd upgrade that first since its simply awesome.

Regarding why the Elegon trinket is now more desirable is thanks to the energy regen given by ascension talent and elusive brew now stacking properly using 2hander, I have more energy than I can waste going over 1min on shuffle duration and having already 8+ stacks of elusive brew right after it goes off, more and more are finding mastery more desirable as people enter hc with such high amounts of crit and haste already.
    I am a little confused by this. Why are you using Ascension as a Brewmaster? The math posted earlier in other threads suggest for you to make the swap into Ascension at a certain Haste threshold and it was close to 9900 or so haste unbuffed? I know I am still a good 3k off that mark reforging to haste at an ilvl of 497.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

is 483 gao-rei better than 2 489 Gara'kal's? Been wondering, and I'd rather not spend vp upgrading one when I shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Teevo View Post
    is 483 gao-rei better than 2 489 Gara'kal's? Been wondering, and I'd rather not spend vp upgrading one when I shouldn't.
    Tough question tbh. Upgrading it will give you to 491 ilvl on it, plus the sha gem for 1500 vp. Upgrading the Gara'kals will be 3k valor for both and no gem. Depends on your needs I guess.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Tough question tbh. Upgrading it will give you to 491 ilvl on it, plus the sha gem for 1500 vp. Upgrading the Gara'kals will be 3k valor for both and no gem. Depends on your needs I guess.
    I think Goa-Rei is a pretty solid winner for BrM from a tanking standpoint IF you don't mind spending the resources on putting the gem in a 483. +602 Agil /+154 total rating prior to any VP upgrades. http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=85994