Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Don't upgrade a weapon unless it is Sha Touched. Upgrade your closest to BIS piece you have, and save valor for a sha touched weapon. That is my opinion and my plan.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 10:03 PM ----------

I am a little confused by this. Why are you using Ascension as a Brewmaster? The math posted earlier in other threads suggest for you to make the swap into Ascension at a certain Haste threshold and it was close to 9900 or so haste unbuffed? I know I am still a good 3k off that mark reforging to haste at an ilvl of 497.
    That's because the reason you want high haste in the first place is to reach 13.33 energy regen, with ascension you get a free 15% regen so that you can focus less on haste and go for other stats instead depending on what you feel you need the most. I dont understand why math would tell you to get another 15% energy regen when you're at such a high haste, from my experience that's a little overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Muppsan View Post
    That's because the reason you want high haste in the first place is to reach 13.33 energy regen, with ascension you get a free 15% regen so that you can focus less on haste and go for other stats instead depending on what you feel you need the most. I dont understand why math would tell you to get another 15% energy regen when you're at such a high haste, from my experience that's a little overkill.
    Because of the lost chi from Power strikes. For those to be equal, you will need a higher haste rating with Ascension, than without for the same amount of chi generation.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Muppsan View Post
    Well, people wanted 13.33 regen so that they could jab -> filler -> filler -> jab etc. But really that is just convenience. It makes your chi intake very regular, being able to jab every third GCD like that. And you're right that Ascension lets us reach that place of convenience a bit easier. BUT... wouldn't you agree though that the main reason we stack haste is to increase chi generation?

And the fact is, Power Strikes gives you greater overall chi generation than Ascension, up until the point at which you have 9787 haste (Venyasure did the calculations over at EJ, but I can't post links), assuming expertise at 7.5%. (It's 9015 haste if you are at 15% expertise.)

Ascension gets you to 13.33 regen with less haste, but that's because you've moved the finish line closer! You haven't really gained any chi. Ascension at 13.33 regen is less chi per second than Power Strikes at whatever regen you'd have with that same amount of haste.

Of course, power strikes isn't regular, since you get your chi 20s at a time. And Ascension could possibly help in other ways (letting you get a clutch expel harm off a little earlier?). But power strikes gives you more chi at the end of the day, unless you have ridiculously high haste.