Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

5.1 and resto druids

Was I the only one that was hoping for some buffs to resto druids?

Is the nerf to monks that great, that it will make us wanted in raids again? Any theory crafting on how are state will be/is?

We cleared most bosses on heroic atm and we had both our druids reroll monks. So atm we're using 3 monks and 0 resto druids.

Deleted
    I feel weak compared to our other healers. our disc just makes me overheal and I can't keep up with our paladin/shaman on burst healing. Stone guards is the only fight I have the upperhand

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not the only one no - but I'm not surprised there's nothing. Fortunately they did find time to add more dailies, changes to Pet Battles, new scenarios, a new item upgrade system which will give us something to do whilst we watch shaman, monks, holy paladins taking our place in raids.

Just not sure what our place is right now - perhaps a couple of encounters we are worth bringing to not becuase we're materially better but because we're not the obvious "downgrade" we are on 90% of encounters.
    This one girl...

Deleted
    Druids are fine at the moment. We're not weak at all. We bring a lot of utility, great burst healing and really competitive HPS. Sure, we might not be the strongest, but we're totally fine for all the current fights.

What Radd said. I'm a Monk healer and I know for a fact that no way any druid would keep up with me, even when I wasn't trying.

But with the nerf, Monks in 25mans are going to do MUCH less healing during AoE, and burst AoE healing. And out single target healing sucks to begin with. I play a ALT priest tho so I have a priest to turn to if monks are as bad as it could be. (Note we would still use a Monk healer in out 25man, we have 2 atm)

But I think with the monk nerf, druids may be a little bit closer to our healing.
    Last edited by Gurushock; 2012-11-27 at 07:15 PM.

I feel like the biggest issue with this patch is that Blizzard didn't decide to even attempt a fix at the mushrooms. I feel like they need a rework, but if they wait until 5.2 and whatever they choose is something even worse or perhaps something that isn't good enough.

If they changed it this time they would have had some time to take comments and have us "beta" test the change before the next tier of content.

I'm hoping for something that completely changes the way the ability is used because it needs to fill a niche and spice up a relatively boring toolset. Each mushroom drops Efflorescence on the ground, but does less direct healing or maybe have it be on a way longer cooldown and give everyone one of our hots or keep it the same and just don't make it 4 global cooldowns for a pretty abysmal amount of healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    I feel like the biggest issue with this patch is that Blizzard didn't decide to even attempt a fix at the mushrooms. I feel like they need a rework, but if they wait until 5.2 and whatever they choose is something even worse or perhaps something that isn't good enough.
    I also think the Mushrooms need a rework. Maybe bringing all three shrooms into one location with a single global instead of three would be a good rework that would make it more usefull. Besides the mushrooms I think druids are fine atm.

You don't need to be ontop of the healing meters to perform well. In my 10man guild I'm however usually ontop unless we have a disc priest with us. But I see no harm in not being first, aslong as the boss goes down it's good enough for me. People who are only playing for ranks won't get high ranks unless the raid takes more damage then it should anyways. It's in fights that are long where I shine, people who just play for ranks usually run oom at the end and I start gaining HPS on them

Quote Originally Posted by Drefzor View Post
    I also think the Mushrooms need a rework. Maybe bringing all three shrooms into one location with a single global instead of three would be a good rework that would make it more usefull. Besides the mushrooms I think druids are fine atm.

You don't need to be ontop of the healing meters to perform well. In my 10man guild I'm however usually ontop unless we have a disc priest with us. But I see no harm in not being first, aslong as the boss goes down it's good enough for me. People who are only playing for ranks won't get high ranks unless the raid takes more damage then it should anyways. It's in fights that are long where I shine, people who just play for ranks usually run oom at the end and I start gaining HPS on them
    Some people get high ranks when they under heal the fight as well. Sometimes this is a huge buff to the raid when you have healers that are capable of maximizing efficiency of their heals to the point where you can swap a DPS or two in to kill the boss faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    Some people get high ranks when they under heal the fight as well. Sometimes this is a huge buff to the raid when you have healers that are capable of maximizing efficiency of their heals to the point where you can swap a DPS or two in to kill the boss faster.
    Yes ofcourse, I'm not saying that to get ranks you need to heal intensly. My point was that I get ranks healing as I normaly do. Healing where it's needed and being mana efficent instead of spamming regrowth outside of Omen to get a burst heal on people that are 80% ish just to get that extra hps. Aslong as you spend your mana wisely you will do well

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    Druids are fine at the moment. We're not weak at all. We bring a lot of utility, great burst healing and really competitive HPS. Sure, we might not be the strongest, but we're totally fine for all the current fights.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but please elaborate.

Deleted
    I have both druid and monk, and been swaping between both... druids utility is a lot better than monk on some fights, but monks rawr healing in aoe fights is insane. this nerf to the monk is probably gonna bring them closer in healin, but druid will still have all the utility. Because of that ill probably remain on the druid for the rest of the teir, maybe use monk on them heavy AOE fights, eg garalon HC, i dunno if the druid will ever be able to compete there.

I totally agree tho that druid seems kinda weak atm, and mushrooms are pretty much useless, if u could place 3 at a time that wouldnt be bad (maybe have a CD of 30secs for that, so you could prepare 3, explode, instant put 3, explode.. then wait 30secs to repeat). Would certainly help us in the burst AOE healin a bit.

I just feel like compared to other class's are AOE is so weak, wild growth heals 6x targets for about 35k over 7secs.... a monk can spam uplifts doin 30k heals per go, as well as the renewing mists ticking for 8-10k, i mean u just cant compete with that. Sure u can spam the raid with rejuvs and go OOM, but whats the point, u still wont compete...

Deleted
    Well, as a resto druid, i find certain fights we excel at (blade lord, spirit kings, elegon), and the rest of them, we may as well not even be there, i was definately hoping for a re-work of the druid class, we sure have some nice burst ass saving skills, and if you use it, sotf + wg, we can be massively competitive, but for most fights, specially in 10man, there is always a requirement to spread which renders the effectiveness of swiftmend from 100% to 33%, which is relatively annoying, if there was a rework, they should make swiftmend, do exactly the same, but heal the closest 3 people to the target it was cast on, in a 40yard radius, not put that green circle on the floor.

Gief a rework on swiftmend and i will be happy!! either that, or this priest im levelling can without a doubt super easily be given the gear my druid has now, and be easily switched to!

EDIT:

Oh and mushrooms are not useless in every case, on spirit kings, theyre especially useful when your group for madenning, and when your grouped on Qiang's massive attacks, you always have time to place them. And you can easily work them in on fights like elegon, blade lord tayak, ambershaper, empress, you just need to understand your swiftmend and wildgrowth cooldowns and when you have a spare GCD.

Oh and edit again, Mushrooms are not there to be used in our rotation, blue post said that long time ago.
    Last edited by mmoc04a262c40c; 2012-11-28 at 01:09 AM.

Deleted
    Disc priests are easily going to be the best class to have in a raid now after monk nerfs, i mean.. even more so than they already are.

Id probably say it will go discpriest>paladin>monk>shaman>druid

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    Like Alchemist said, I'm not sure if this is a serious post :P

We do bring some utility yes, but all of it is only "nice to have" and not a "must have". Compared to the encounter-trivializing spells Paladins and Disc Priests bring, it doesn't look all that appealing. As for burst healing, I'm not sure what you're referring to. All we have is Tranquility on a 3 minute timer and it is inferior at the moment to a Shaman's Healing Tide Totem.

The other problem IMO from a 10 man perspective is that a lot of fights this tier seem to be somewhat in between 2 and 3 healer requirements. It is possible to 2 heal a lot of these but also very possible to take the safer route and go with 3 healers without really struggling to meet dps checks. On such fights, we lack the raw throughput of a Monk to be an ideal candidate for a 2 healer set up, and when 3 healing, our HoTs can hardly do their job as the raid is topped up very quickly by other classes with better burst healing / or the big damage is mitigated heavily by OP Spirit Shell.

As for the OP's question, I don't think this really changes anything for us. If anything, Monks will be benched too, depending on how hard the nerf turns out to be. On the plus side, I've been told by a player in Method that Resto Druids were really nice on Sha of Fear Heroic (they used two in their kill) so that's one consolation.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2012-11-28 at 04:46 AM.
    Ashr

I think healers are actually in a pretty good spot right now. The insane aoe healing you're seeing from paladins using the pvp 4 piece was nerfed (an unannounced change to divine purpose's interaction with the bonus (which it now doesnt)) and their burst aoe is somewhat similarly laughable as is resto druid's. They have a similar range constraint with a 10 yard radius on Holy Radiance, and somewhat similar tank healing mechanics (beacon vs LB).

My concern is for specific mechanics - force and verve, for example, is very difficult to deal with. Tranquility will trivialize it once, but then we really don't have the burst aoe throughput to deal with another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd liked to see something done with the mushrooms as well. They just aren't very well designed.

Mushrooms are great. They heal for a good amount when you want them to. And they cost 6k mana which is basically non. Sure it costs 3 globals though.

Aparently another change that happened is Treant Form will be set on fire if you walk near a campfire for long enough. This is by far one of the coolest changes I've seen. It reminds me of lil' ragnaros setting critters on fire or being a cooking fire for you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Mushrooms are great. They heal for a good amount when you want them to. And they cost 6k mana which is basically non. Sure it costs 3 globals though.
    I'm not sure I can 100% agree with this statement but I think they're possibly the solution to our weakness in respect of burst damage. They could perhaps rework the mechanic along something like this:

1 GCD to place all 3 shrooms perhaps include a glyph or talent that allows the same placement to detonate them as well. Increase the CD to remove the concern that they may become "rotational". Have them deliver a high amount of healing to give us that AoE burst we need. It may be that a glyph that causes that healing to be either instant or like regrowth (e.g. initial hit + short duration HoT) could be useful as well..

At the moment they seem to be an ungainly mechanic with insufficient reward for using them and at the same time such an obvious candidate for the burst healing problem...
    This one girl...

Deleted
    Just increase the healing floor effect of swiftmend to even remotely close to what every other class have and i'm fine with druids. Nothing else i would like to get changed, not even shrooms since i think they are pretty handy when you get to know all the fights inside out.