value of my used computer?

I'm curious to see what mmo-champ thinks the value of my computer is currently. Let me make this clear, i'm selling it to a friend and not looking to sell it to the forums (which is against guidelines, thus the reason I put this statement) but i'm not sure how much it's worth so i'm looking for an outside opinion.

purely built as a gaming computer in 2009
    CPU: intel core2 duo E8400 @ 3.0 ghz
    HDD: 500gb WD Blue Sata 2 3.0 gb/s
    Video: Sapphire Radeon hd 5770 1gb gddr5
    Case: antec 900 version 1 only usb 2.0
    RAM: 4gb mushkin ddr3 @ 1600 mhz
    motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3R

I'm not looking to sell Peripherals/Monitors, some of the links are a little difficult to find but i'll try and update the post as I find them

EDIT: the psu is an antec neopower 650w, after finding the manual this is the specs i found on it (not super good with psu lingo)
    -ATX12v version 2.2/eps12v
    -3 +12v outputs
    -modular
    Last edited by Peachy; 2012-11-27 at 01:44 PM.
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

10+ Year Old Account
    Guessing its worth between 2-300$

I wouldn't pay any more than $200 for it and that would be pushing it.

Deleted
    what psu? and W7 license is likely worth the most as a seperate piece , but happy if you can get anything above $250 tbh

Deleted
    With a good PSU and a legit version of Windows 7 I'd say $300 is a resonable price. If the version of Windows is non-legit and the PSU is a no-brand I'd not pay more than $180-220.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    what psu? and W7 license is likely worth the most as a seperate piece , but happy if you can get anything above $250 tbh
    If OEM it's locked to that motherboard maker/model. Reselling is also against the ToA.

50 Euro for your CPU, AT LEAST 80 Euro for your MOBO (It's a DDR3 MOBO, very valuable b/c there are very few DDR3 LGA 775 MOBO's left in the market), 30 Euro for your memory, 40 Euro for your HDD, 30 Euro for your GPU.

You can get 230 Euro for it sold as separate parts easily at e-bay NOT including your OS. You could get even more money for your MOBO, I've seen DDR3 socket 775 MOBOS sold for over 120 Euro.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Cpu is not worth 50 Euro at all seriously, maybe 25. Newer and faster chips are @ 50~ euro not used core 2's. His CPU is rated @ 70e brand new...it is worth 15e at best used, and for 3+ years.

I can't seem to find any Socket 775 mobo's that are not DDR3 at this point so again wrong.

30 euro for 4gigs of DDR3???? 8gigs is $25~ euro...r u pulling this from ur arse?

HDD sata 2 20 euro at best

Brand new I'd pay $200-$300 for this rig, Used its worth $150 at best.

If you can con someone into higher go for it but honestly its not worth much give it to a relative.

GOD DAMN IT I REPLIED TO THE KID WHO STILL THINKS HE HAS GOOD FRAMES ON AN ANTIQUE SYSTEM W/ A HIGH END GPU. GOD DAMN IT

seriously I know a mod can atleast remove the filth in his signature, or can I put lies in my signature and try to make everyone believe nonsense? If so Im in, totally bringing back the wolfdale @ 3.2Ghz w/ a 7970 Ghz edition, im totally going to underclock and play wow @ max settings.

P.s. The Qx9650 is equal to the 965 BE, @ stock clocks. The 965 BE while it is a good CPU will under perform @ stock clocks and it will be noticable, assuming underclocked it would be like an Athlon x4. Now considering same time frame of release and 965 not being the high end of the 9xx family but actually the lower to mid end it says a lot about the Qx9650 which if O.C.ed to its fullest would play WoW @ 1920x1080 Ultra around 30~ FPS in 25m raiding. I dont want to hear nothing about 40m w/ that rig your nonsense @ 4.5Ghz in 40m on a substantially better CPU I see horrid frames like 20's.

Now IDK if its language barrier here trolling or downright overpride in your 6 year old cpu but its NOT GOOD ANYMORE, sub $100 CPU's perform a mega load better, and this is at STOCK frequency you "underclock" so in essense your telling us a severely gimped CPU is amazing which it isnt, noone on this forum seems stupid enough to believe you at all.

edit: just saw a Qx9650 in box for $450, Im buying one OMG wait no I'd buy a 3930 at that price and I'd underclock it 20 years from now Ill tell everyone im playing the newest freshest game on it.

* User was infracted for this post
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-11-27 at 07:38 PM.

You appear to be a socially dysfunctional person with personal problems. Everything I said is based at prices @e-bay.de. The vast majority of Socket 775 motherboards produced were DDR2. There were very few Socket 775 DDR3 boards produced, and that makes such boards rare. A simple search at e-bay.de will verify what I am saying.

I realize that you are trolling, so I am not even going to bother to argue with you about how my 2.7k Euro system is able to run a 2004 game at max settings underclocked.

* User was infracted for this post
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-11-27 at 07:37 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Any money spent on this is wasted money presuming you already have a smartphone.

i put the psu in the OP, i wasn't thinking it was gonna go for more then 200-300 anyway pushing it. i would just give it away but it's one of those relatives that wouldn't take it for free and insists on giving me some amount of money after i did some research on it. Also the os is originally oem vista but i got the w7 upgrade non oem, so is that gonna mess with the TOA?
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    You appear to be a socially dysfunctional person with personal problems. Everything I said is based at prices @e-bay.de. The vast majority of Socket 775 motherboards produced were DDR2. There were very few Socket 775 DDR3 boards produced, and that makes such boards rare. A simple search at e-bay.de will verify what I am saying.

I realize that you are trolling, so I am not even going to bother to argue with you about how my 2.7k Euro system is able to run a 2004 game at max settings underclocked.
    You lost the argument, first off the base game was 04 the non trivial upgrades since have made it less optimal than its previous revisions. The more crap you add in the slower it becomes, this is the LAW of coding, and why we spend years trying to simplify code down rather than using a 200 mile script to do a 1 -2 line resource.

Socket 775 like the AMD CPU's of the time which were better hands down, had some DDR3 and some DDR2 boards, well AMD just flat out accepted both on most boards.

Here's a link 13 775 boards left to purchase only 3-4 have DDR2, must be some rare antique of value cuz it runs DDR3.

BTW crysis/wars and warhead are all from the same time frame, your PC won't run that @ 60 FPS either. Either your a liar(most likely), your stupid(next guess) or your on a 1920x1080 monitor using a lower resolution without even knowing it(technically falls under 1st and 2nd) honestly I'd glady get banned for calling you out and would be proud of it your a tool with no knowledge at all and shouldnt even be posting.

Deleted
    Around 250 @ a guess well anything between 200-300 provided windows is (legit)

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Around 250 @ a guess well anything between 200-300 provided windows is (legit)
    $250 is what the system should retail for right now BRAND NEW, I dont get how you people dont understand used items do not carry retail weight. Its literally valued @ $100 or less, comparable systems on craigslist are $100-$175, I dont see more than $100 unless you scam someone.

p.s. Electronics lose value instantly and at no point will it regain value via antiquity, except for rare collectors items, like original Xbox's signed by bill gates thanking people for their efforts. Unopened Zelda edition nintendos etc etc and even then they are only worth what someone will pay. A pc does not gain any value with age, maybe if it was the first or some huge step forward a Museum may have interest but you don't see american pickers on TV buying old likely dead or going to die electronics unless they have some HUGE nostalgic value, i.e a pinball machine, old video game etc. If a LCD from 5 yrs ago cost you $1000 but its worth $500 retail now your used one is worth less than half of the CURRENT retail price.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-11-27 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    $250 is what the system should retail for right now BRAND NEW, I dont get how you people dont understand used items do not carry retail weight. Its literally valued @ $100 or less, comparable systems on craigslist are $100-$175, I dont see more than $100 unless you scam someone.

p.s. Electronics lose value instantly and at no point will it regain value via antiquity, except for rare collectors items, like original Xbox's signed by bill gates thanking people for their efforts. Unopened Zelda edition nintendos etc etc and even then they are only worth what someone will pay. A pc does not gain any value with age, maybe if it was the first or some huge step forward a Museum may have interest but you don't see american pickers on TV buying old likely dead or going to die electronics unless they have some HUGE nostalgic value, i.e a pinball machine, old video game etc. If a LCD from 5 yrs ago cost you $1000 but its worth $500 retail now your used one is worth less than half of the CURRENT retail price.

Don't take the piss buddy you have been ranting all morning.....don't send crap my way it was a guess not a factual price and $250 is more like £155 in my neck of the woods....And if that was the case I have seen much much worse sell for more on facebook....OP sell it for what ever you can get $10-100-1000 why not

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Don't take the piss buddy you have been ranting all morning.....don't send crap my way it was a guess not a factual price and $250 is more like £155 in my neck of the woods....And if that was the case I have seen much much worse sell for more on facebook....OP sell it for what ever you can get $10-100-1000 why not
    /care tough guy

Point is don't go throwing BS around, he asked a question. Retail Value is $250 it is not in pristine retail condition.

Hey I have a 2007 Maxima, $20,000 MSRP in 07' it has 120,000 miles on it but I'll sell it to you for $20,000 cuz thats what a new one is worth.

15+ Year Old Account
    How about we stop the petty bickering? One of the first rules of economics is that an item is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay. So how much is the OP's system worth second hand? Well, that would depend on the market (some regions have horribly inflated electronics costs) and the buyer. Typical US market with no monitor, I'd guess around $175-200.

From prices seen sold on forums and Ebay you can probably get $250 for it with some luck. $200 seems pretty safe.

for those that gave a good answer thanks. also thanks for not yelling at each other over the INTERNET

For one you have a legit W7 and a perfectly good PSU. It uses DDR3 ram, as opposed to DDR2, so upgrading to 8GB is very cheap. It even has support for DX11.

I would say 250USD, perfect for playing console ports and games from the DX10 times like far cry 2. However, my price estimate may be uneducated for the US marked. Seeing that 250USD is 1425NOK, barely enough to buy the cheapest 7850 from a Norwegian retailer. Whereas you can get a 7850 for 170USD over at Newegg. Just to put my estimate in perspective.
    Last edited by MMKing; 2012-11-28 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    Try to sell it on Ebay, i sold my old crap xbox overpriced and got a 6870 for it.