Thread: Item Upgrades!

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Item Upgrades!

So, what is your priority to upgrade? (both blood and frost)!

Weapon>Darkmoon Card>Heroic BiS Items with the most stats (chest legs shoulders boots gloves helm etc>Heroic BiS items with the least stats(necklace rings cloak bracers)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Weapon>Darkmoon Card>Heroic BiS Items with the most stats (chest legs shoulders boots gloves helm etc>Heroic BiS items with the least stats(necklace rings cloak bracers)
    My thoughts exactly

Deleted
    It depends on what gear I'm wearing but basically I gonna wait till I can (nearly VP capped) and then I'll upgrade the item that will grant me the most benefit (as dossou said).

So... question, Lets say I have leg from Will of Emperor, the normal and heroic one. I can upgrade BOTH and end up with different results? I mean, I thought I would upgrad the normal leg and make it become a heroic one... so I can upgrade the heroic one and make it become even better?

What about weapons?

Thanks!!!

PS: Darkmoon seems COOL to upgrade :P

Darkmoon Card, right now it's the one piece of gear I know I'm NOT going to replace with my guild's slow/late progression. So, makes sense to get the most bang for my buck.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    So... question, Lets say I have leg from Will of Emperor, the normal and heroic one. I can upgrade BOTH and end up with different results? I mean, I thought I would upgrad the normal leg and make it become a heroic one... so I can upgrade the heroic one and make it become even better?

What about weapons?

Thanks!!!

No it will still have the same stat/ilevel gap. So upgrade the best you have, ofc the heroic one.

What about weapons?

Thanks!!!

They don't become heroic. They just get 8 extra ilevels worth of stats.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

What about weapons?

Thanks!!!

No. It's just an 8 item level upgrade. So upgrading the heroic one woul be best. And upgrading the normal one would still leave it below the heroic.

Yes weapons can be done. And honestly should be done first.

Also, Italian, you can use JP and Honor too
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    No. It's just an 8 item level upgrade. So upgrading the heroic one woul be best. And upgrading the normal one would still leave it below the heroic.

Yes weapons can be done. And honestly should be done first.

Also, Italian, you can use JP and Honor too
    JP can only be used to upgrade JP gear.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Darkmoon Card, right now it's the one piece of gear I know I'm NOT going to replace with my guild's slow/late progression. So, makes sense to get the most bang for my buck.
    The card is BIS for the entire tier you should NEVER try to replace it. So yeah definitely upgrade it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkmoon card, first, then the Charioteer Figurine I got outta normal MV

For blood: Generally the item that gives the greatest mastery/hit boost and preferably something without parry/dodge.

I will try weapon first (Sha touched 2H from normal), since -I guess- it will take a (big) while to do it at heroic. DMC is a candidate as well but weapon is first. I will wait a while after weapon to see what others tried and tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I will try weapon first (Sha touched 2H from normal), since -I guess- it will take a (big) while to do it at heroic. DMC is a candidate as well but weapon is first. I will wait a while after weapon to see what others tried and tested.
    Heroic Starshatter is a bigger upgrade than the Sha 2h axe, if your guild is close to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Heroic Starshatter is a bigger upgrade than the Sha 2h axe, if your guild is close to that.
    but whats about the legendary gem? shouldnt it be worth it, upgrading the axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Easlay View Post
    but whats about the legendary gem? shouldnt it be worth it, upgrading the axe?
    300 Weapon DPS>500 Strength

Run sims if you don't believe me

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    i do believe, with the legendary gem, the 496 axe is actually better than the 502 sword

edit: i ran a bunch of sims with both weapons, they are soo close its almost a wash. at that point i'd probably pick the heroic, however i wouldnt hesitate doing the sha one, if you havent gotten the heroic sword yet.
    Last edited by damescool; 2012-11-27 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    i do believe, with the legendary gem, the 496 axe is actually better than the 502 sword
    It isn't.

Weapon dps really is that important.

And the difference only gets bigger after ilvl upgrading them.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2012-11-27 at 04:04 PM.

Yeah, weapon DPS beats out str by about an 8:3 ratio.