Thread: Item Upgrades!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    well i am still using the 463 sword, so 1500 JP will go towards that that
    will have 2250 VP overall to spend this week, 1500 of that will certainly go towards the tier pants I got off sha, after that idk, don't have any other 496 piece, will probably save it for latter use on when I get tier shoulders, or any other decent 496 piece

10+ Year Old Account
    Weapons and trinkets are the priority if u care about your damage. Don't randomly upgrade something because u want to boost it's item level

Deleted
    Well your ilevel gets boosted anyhow. I mean you get the same ammount of ilevels per upgrade, it doesn't matter what you upgrade. But yest I do agree with you, weapons and trinkets should be first. I bet DW will have a fun time, burning that extra VP for the double weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Well your ilevel gets boosted anyhow. I mean you get the same ammount of ilevels per upgrade, it doesn't matter what you upgrade. But yest I do agree with you, weapons and trinkets should be first. I bet DW will have a fun time, burning that extra VP for the double weapons.
    If it doesn't matter what you upgrade why do you prefer weapons and trinkets? If it really doesn't matter I could upgrade back and wrists, for example.

Item level does get boosted, but you have to understand that one item level on a weapon is worth far more than an item level on, for example, a neck.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Yes I know. Weapon DPS is scaled higher then strength or haste/mastery. So the logic would be weapon and then what ever BiS you have. Hence why many people went for DMF trinket afterwards. This is in response to Italiandk. You get the most out of the weapon upgrade, in terms of DPS, that's why.

And from the item level pov, the boost is equal since you get same ammount of levels.

And from the item level pov, the boost is equal since you get same ammount of levels.
    It's still not, though. If you look at your gear you can clearly see that a head piece/chest/legs have more stats on them than a neck (again, using it as an example) hence upgrading one of those pieces will get you more stats for the same VP.
    WCL

Deleted
    Yes I know. Weapon DPS is scaled higher then strength or haste/mastery. So the logic would be weapon and then what ever BiS you have. Hence why many people went for DMF trinket afterwards. This is in response to Italiandk. You get the most out of the weapon upgrade, in terms of DPS, that's why.

Ok now it's more clear what you meant. I thought you were talking about upgrading random stuff because the boost would have been the same, no matter what you upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    It's still not, though. If you look at your gear you can clearly see that a head piece/chest/legs have more stats on them than a neck (again, using it as an example) hence upgrading one of those pieces will get you more stats for the same VP.
    The ilvl boost it's the same if you upgrade a weapon or a ring (it's always 4/8 ilvl more per upgrade). Probably you misunderstood what he's saying.
    Last edited by mmocc39afa2be3; 2012-11-28 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Weapon>Darkmoon Card>Heroic BiS Items with the most stats (chest legs shoulders boots gloves helm etc>Heroic BiS items with the least stats(necklace rings cloak bracers)
    i highly doubt you should spend your upgrade points to some darkmoon card when any of the heroic items from mogu vault would be alot better invest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    i highly doubt you should spend your upgrade points to some darkmoon card when any of the heroic items from mogu vault would be alot better invest.
    Clearly you are not well informed about dk dps otherwise you'd know that DMC is BiS (that means better than or as good as Lei Shi HC and Darkmist HC).

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    The ilvl boost it's the same if you upgrade a weapon or a ring (it's always 4/8 ilvl more per upgrade). Probably you misunderstood what he's saying.
    I suppose I did misunderstand it to an extent. He's absolutely right in that the item level boost is the same across the board. That, however, still doesn't change the fact that upgrading a chest over wrists nets you more stats. (assuming they're both of the same item level of course)
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    I've upgraded my Tier leggins, and am farming VP so I can upgrade belt. I'm saving 1500 so I can upgrade my DMC on sunday.
    Edit: I currently have a 463 weapon, so that's on JP atm.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2012-11-28 at 11:32 AM.

By upgrading trinkets you get the least "bang for the buck". The stat gained from 8 ilvls trinket is nowhere near as from 8 ilvls on weapon/legs/chest/head, BUT(!!!) you should upgrade items you will be stuck with for a while.

I have 3k VP at the moment. I will upgrade my Darkmoon agility card, because it is BiS. I will save the rest of my valor for a weapon since i am still stuck with the 476 ilvl Gate 5 man heroic weapon... i was lucky to get it week one and i feel Karma is biting me in the ass since...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    That, however, still doesn't change the fact that upgrading a chest over wrists nets you more stats. (assuming they're both of the same item level of course)
    Yep yep, that's absolutely true.

Deleted
    Also keep in mind what future upgrades you can get. Like an upgrade to the normal tier helm would benefit you longer then an upgrade to the tier gloves for example since your progress will reward you with heroic tier gloves before heroic tier helm.

Making the entire system so much more complex to take into account what gear you have right now, what gear can you get in the possible near future and what whould benefit your overall DPS more.

Deleted
    can someone explain how do you sim/import upgraded versions of items into simcraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi12 View Post
    can someone explain how do you sim/import upgraded versions of items into simcraft?
    I'm not sure that simcraft even can do the ilvl upgrades yet, seeing as wow armory doesn't even register them having differant ilvls yet

Deleted
    Items didn't change but the new stats did, they are added in the armory profile. But stats as weapon dps didn't changed yet in the armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dytzy View Post
    I'm not sure that simcraft even can do the ilvl upgrades yet, seeing as wow armory doesn't even register them having differant ilvls yet
    If you import from your armory Simcraft sense the different item number so if an upgraded version has a different number the simcraft will sim properly, otherwise it will sense the "regular" item. Probably you will have to manually change items with upgraded stats. I don't know how simcraft works when importing from different sources than armory tho.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 03:33 PM ----------

Check this out, seems a good feature to see not-ingame how your items will be upgraded.

Shoulderguards of the Lost Catacomb

So 2H benefits more from using ilvl upgrades on your weapon than DW does? I have 463 blue weapons, so it would just be a matter of having 3k jp or 1500 jp.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.