Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Cool RIFT Weekly News Roundup

Greetings fellow Ascended, I've seen various people complain that there is not enough 'RIFT News' so I've decided (Until Azuri verbally beats me up and locks my threads) for a bit of fun, I'm going to do a weekly RIFT news post right here on the MMO champion forums, from my endgame raiding perspective on things, also covering all the drama, action and controversy that goes on behind the magic.

Working As Intended
    If you haven't already stumbled across it, a couple of expert dungeon bosses got somewhat 'overlooked' during development and somebody forgot to press the button that makes certain bosses immune to crowd control effects, this lead to quite a few groups who were aware of this having a rather easy time on the 4th and 5th boss in Archieve of Flesh, one dashingly handsome Youtuber even made a how to video!

To the best of my knowledge this bug still exsists, but I have no doubt it will be fixed in the upcoming days.

The race to slay Crucia
    This week we have had three guilds defeat the Twin Storm Giants also known Kolmasveli and Toinenveli. The first was <Special Olympics> who downed the troublesome two Wednesday night, followed by <Addiction> claiming a kill on saturday evening (seriously who raids on saturdays?!?!? guild name says it all!) and finally <Terrible Idea> right on their heels who managed to defeat the giants on monday evening. After some quite brutual trash, all three guilds have managed to reach Crucia and have started progressing on her, though she is what can only be described as a 'significant' leap up from the other bosses in terms of difficulty, through watching livestreams and video's of all three guilds progressing on Crucia, It appears to be a neck and neck race, I'm predicting a World First kill will come within the next 2-3
    weeks.

Two weeks on since release only 8 guilds have managed to even kill the first boss in Frozen Tempest compared to 15+ guilds that have cleared the 10 Man known as Triumph of the Dragon Queen, As people are rapidly gearing up there is no doubt that we are going to see more kills in Frozen Tempest coming shortly.

A little teaser video of the first couple of phases of the Crucia Encounter~

The Quest to Level 60

Amongst the RIFT community there has been a lot of debate on the speed of leveling, Some people despise leveling while others absolutely love it. An issue that was mainly raised is the amount of time it takes to level from 50-60, with the initial first few levels taking anywhere between 2 and 6 hours and later levels taking anywhere between 6-10 hours of solid gameplay. Obviously with all the vanity such as Dimensions, Artifacts and Outstanding landscapes that were introduced with Storm Legion, people tend to get side-tracked and these levels may take even longer.

From my perspective personally, I was the first person in the world to reach level 59 after playing a solid 34 hours straight, Unfortunately about half way through level 59 I had not trained my body well enough and passed out due to lack of rest. A great experience non the less, when I woke up a couple of people had already hit level 60, So I just quickly powered through and made it to 60. I believe the World First level 60 Character went to either Weenz or Rong from <Parabellum> EU.

Some players just could'nt take the grind to 60 (Coookie)~

Disclaimer: Not Actually Coookie, I think...

In conclusion with almost full BIS gear from raiding in chocolate RIFT, it took me about 39 hours to reach level 60, the only leveling on beta I did was from 50-52, so I didn't have to much experience with all the quest and story lines, This leads me to believe that an average player will take 50-100 Hours to get to level 60. Although I played for so many hours straight, At almost no point did I feel like it was a 'Grind' I literally loved every minuite of it, I must say all the story and quest lines upto level 58 where ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, A few I recall as being quite memoriable where the Dreamhive series, Going into the Mind of the Overseer and beating up Crucia as a Giant Crablord, Fighting Kain in some dark-fleshy room at the end of the Morban quest series and finally going around Licking Frogs. The quests felt like they had stepped up so much in terms of rich storyline and enjoyment.

I was bitterly, bitterly disappointed with Ashora and Steppes of Infinity, each Zone had about a Story Line consisting of 6-10 Quests which at level 58 each zone storyline probably gave about 20% of a level. This is genuinely the first time I have felt somewhat 'cheated' by Trion and I'm aware of time constraints but I feel personally that both zones should of had a more extended and solid storyline before release. Regardless of which at this point in time I was half way through Kingsward, so after completing both zones, I headed back there did some amazing quests which ended up with a face off with one of the more notorious figures that you encounter via Brevane questing in the top of a tower, which was in itself very epic, I then went around Steppes and Ashora doing Carnages and defeating RIFTs for the last half of 59, which led me to have quite a few Infinity Stone's at level 60, Allowing myself to quickly jump into normals and then onto experts, once a few guildys had caught up!

In conclusion from my personal perspective, one of two things needs to change, to exp requirement needs to be lowered ever so slightly per level (5-15%) or experience gained from Carnage quests needs to be increased.

Bots, Bots, Bots, Bots, Bots, Bots everybody!
    Since the release of Storm Legion, we have seen a large increase in the amount of harvesting bots, The leaderboards however make it quite clear who bots, the most common of the bots at the moment appears to be fishing ones, a lot of people are botting and then selling the fish or matts on Auction House to feed the surge of endgame players using vast amounts of consumables to enter experts and raids to sometimes make up for gear there lacking and on progression give them that extra boost to raid performance.

While personally I don't give heads or tails whether people 'fish bot' or not, I thought I'd share some strong sided views I've heard throughout the week for and against botting~
    For:
    • "I find fishing, one of the more dull things to do in RIFT, I don't want to spend hours farming and doing something I don't enjoy so that I can be viable in Endgame"
    • "It's good for those of us who don't bot, due to it bringing down prices of fish and mats on the Auction house, making it easier and cheaper to make raid consumables

Against:
    • "Botters get rewarded for not playing the game, I hope that Trion take serious action to ban botters and remove any gain they have got from doing so"
    • "Botting in my eyes is a type of cheating and I strongly dispise anyone that uses any form of cheats to get advantage over others in online games"

As always somepeople took a very light hearted approach to 'fish-botting' and made this~

Warriors Viable ranged DPS in Storm Legion... Hotfix 2 says not so fast!
    After Hotifx 2 Warriors grabbed there pitchforks and stormed the forums and in my opinion rightfully so, I must admit Warriors needed a slight nerf, but to the extent the tempest soul damage was reduced made a few more spots for warriors on the benches of top raiding guilds and in certain boss fights forced guilds to change tactics to allow melee to dps.

The question of Atrius competence also came into the firing line with a lot of people outraged at these changes, whether or not the issue's with warriors dps will be solved within the next few weeks is a question that is being asked by the majority at the moment, I guess for now we will just have to ride it out, make a few adjustments and see what happens in the upcoming weeks.

On a more positive note due to the changes to Warriors, Justin Timberlake got a few more youtube hits!

Come on... Give me a break
    A recent issue has been raised with rested experience, some people are getting it, others aren't, some people's instantly vanishes, others does not vanish and persists all the way to level 60, While it is not to sure what is causing the bug, rest assured Trion are on the case!

espcially with the somewhat hefty journey to max level quite a few people are relying on rested exp to give them a bit of a boost to the levelling process, My predicition is that we will likely see a fix to this by the end of the week.

Stay Classy Trion
    A recent NPC came to light, that has a few rather interesting things to say... I suggest you take a look at the image below

I mean come on, who doesn't love a good spitroast on the old BBQ? Well that concludes my weekly news roundup! Next week I'll probably dive a bit more into PVP once we have a chance to see how PVP balances out a bit more with gear
    Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2012-11-27 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the write up. After completing archive of flesh expert last week as intended and enjoying the difficulty as it was designed I was disheartened to read in guild chat last night that the last boss can be perma squirreled and just spawns adds. I'd expect this will be fixed ASAP. US long weekend put a damper on their usual fixes and I heard tickets have been very slow to get responses for the last few days.

Now who says there is not enough to talk about on GBtv. You forgot warrior QQ after Hotfix 2. Very badass write up. I like!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Now who says there is not enough to talk about on GBtv. You forgot warrior QQ after Hotfix 2. Very badass write up. I like!
    Had a bit of spare time so I added a little bit on it, just for you Puremallace!

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Thanks for the write up. After completing archive of flesh expert last week as intended and enjoying the difficulty as it was designed I was disheartened to read in guild chat last night that the last boss can be perma squirreled and just spawns adds. I'd expect this will be fixed ASAP. US long weekend put a damper on their usual fixes and I heard tickets have been very slow to get responses for the last few days.
    Extremely slow ticket response. I believe I told you about my chat issue in-game last week. I put in a ticket about it on, Tue or Wed last week. Still no contact from a GM. Today will be a full week.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently NQ took their name out or something and Terrible Idea is the official 3rd placer.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Oh wow I love this news article, keep it up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice write up!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep making these!! Nice work!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    (Until Azuri verbally beats me up and locks my threads)
    Wait wut? I hardly lock anything here in fact I had to go back 3 pages to find the first locked thread that just got wildly derailed.

I believe in background moderation so you wont see much interference from us unless it blatantly breaks any rules. Constructive discussions good or bad are left out in the open for discussions. Let er roll man!

OT: You forgot my shard first killing of some random mob I killed on the Volan event before they disabled it. Oh when are they going to enable Volan and Conquest and what's the deal with Teradome (SP) zone. Trion sleeping at the wheel?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Wait wut? I hardly lock anything here in fact I had to go back 3 pages to find the first locked thread that just got wildly derailed.

I believe in background moderation so you wont see much interference from us unless it blatantly breaks any rules. Constructive discussions good or bad are left out in the open for discussions. Let er roll man!

OT: You forgot my shard first killing of some random mob I killed on the Volan event before they disabled it. Oh when are they going to enable Volan and Conquest and what's the deal with Teradome (SP) zone. Trion sleeping at the wheel?
    Haha, it was just my attempt at a bit of light-hearted Humour :P

Volan was enabled last night and we had an absolute blast killing him on Blightweald Don't worry, All will be covered next week as well as my thoughts on the chronicle not being released with launch (Anger), I've got so much to talk about, but If I make it too lengthy then the page would explode and people would be like to long didn't read!

But errmm... stay tuned?

Seatin, very nice write up. *claps*

I mean seriously, when I read the post with Casey Shriners voice inside my head, it must be damn good. Keep 'em comming!
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Seatin, excellent excellent excellent post. Entertaining, informative, and quite well rounded. With everything on your plate, I'm impressed by and grateful for your continued contributions to the community. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN, IT'S STEPPES of INFINITY, NOT STEEPES. We're not brewing an unending supply of tea! =P

Again, thanks for putting this together. I hope any non-Rift players who read this understand that the complaints and criticisms amount to like 5% of the overall content and that there are massive amounts of perfectly usable, explorable and conquerable content out there that isn't marred by a developmental deficiency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    We're not brewing an unending supply of tea!
    Well... I'd speak for yourself on that one

Do like. /thumbs up

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well... I'd speak for yourself on that one
    Yeah tea doesn't sound too bad.

So is this weekly news roundup thing going to become a consistent thing? :O
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah tea doesn't sound too bad.

So is this weekly news roundup thing going to become a consistent thing? :O
    That is the plan!

I have a bit of spare time on my hands and people always claim that 'apprently' there is RIFT news and there is nothing that I get enjoyment out of more than proving people wrong and also attempting to entertain people =)

Nice writeup, so chose the wrong video for 'Cry me a river' though, I'll leave you with the improved version below.

10+ Year Old Account

I have a bit of spare time on my hands
    Better get back to the fishing then, yes i went there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Better get back to the fishing then, yes i went there
    My fishing skill is 93, Your Argument is Invalid :P