Poll: Who would be the best choice for new faction leaders?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see Vol'Jin as Warchief.

Lore Wise an Orc is probably going to be picked. I think that we will see an introduction of another Orc, after character building will be a Warchief candidate, in patches to come.

Also can't wait til we take down Garrosh.

I say Vanessa Van Cleef. Someone should reassemble her and put her on the throne. She hates the alliance anyway lol. Or, get another Orc. Drillmaster Zurok from Hellfire Penninsula (or a Dungeon boss from the citadel).

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=19312/drillmaster-zurok

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    I just do not get the Vol'jin hype, he's a pretty weak character to me. A bit of a snore fest with absolutely no conflict, all he's done is beat Zalazane, get talked down to, and stabbed in the throat. He's not warchief material and having a troll being "warchief" doesn't sound right. If he was on a council and the whole title of warchief was thrown away I'd accept that, but not as the Horde's sole leader.
    It's true that Vol'jin hasn't gone out and steamrolled anyone I just think he is a strong willed character with good intentions. He won't seek out war constantly but if he needs to he will go and fight. Trolls are so prevalent in WoW lore they are the only ones that make sense to me besides Orcs.

As far as Rexxar is concerned I don't see that happening solely because he is an Orc ogre hybrid. Maybe Saurfang is over the death of his son and ready to lead the Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mutigerguy20 View Post
    Since we already know that at the end of Mists we will be dethroning Garrosh, I have been thinking about who is the logical choice for his successor. Lore wise, it seems fitting that another Orc would assume the title of Warchief seeing as they have been the head of the Horde for as long as the Horde has been around. For me the logical leader would be Vol'jin. He is an incredibly intelligent and charismatic leader who understands what the Horde needs at this point. Plus I feel like the races within the Horde would be willing to accept him (minus the Forsaken but it has been a long time since they listened to anyone besides Sylvanas.) I also think a likely one would be Lor'themar Theron. I feel like we don’t know enough about him as a character but I think he will play a major role in upcoming events.

As for the Alliance, I believe that Varian will be there at the end of Mists but let’s, for the sake of this discussion, say he sacrifices himself to defeat Garrosh. Who would be the next "King/Queen" of the Alliance? As with the Orcs and the horde, humans have been the steadiest group in the Alliance. It would seem to fit lore wise that Anduin would ascend to the throne but I feel like he would be a bit of a pushover as King. The dwarves are too divided at the moment for them to assume command and honestly who would listen to a gnome. I feel Genn Greymane would be the best fit for the new king. He is tough, intelligent, but above all does not trust the Horde and would most likely now want to try and negotiate with them.

So who do you think? Please don’t say that Thrall would come back because I'm tired of the super shaman coming in to save the day. That was beat to death in Cata.
    Wow, Genn would be the worst High King ever. Well, not really, but definitely a step down from Varian. He is just too temperamental and swayed by his passions to be a wholesome leader. Is like saying that Sylvanas should run for the Warchief mantle. That girl is cray.

I really like Vol'jin, but I don't thing he has in his mind lording over all of the Horde; he has always been more interested in the well being on his people. Baine strikes me more as the kind of tauren to make a grander compromise.

I think that Jaina would be the better choice for Alliance if Varian dies, that is if this expansions tempers her well and doesn't turns her in a raging asshole. Besides, she would have Anduin to tether her to the ground.

Vol'Jin for Horde

Alliance, I am kinda surprised Magini is still stoned. He chose that path to save Ironforge from Deathwing's Cataclysm, and kept the Dwarven lands mostly untouched. Since the Cataclysm is over, he should come back and lead the Alliance.

THough, if the story shifts back to the Legion, Velen is probably the most logical choice. THough I expect him to lead some Alliance/Horde teamup, much like Shattered Sun, to wage war against his brothers.

The Alliance doesn't need a High King or Queen. They don't need a Warchief, Coalitions are Coalitions, independent nations unilaterally working towards a common goal. The HORDE needs the same thing, a warchief wrecked them, to hell with a belligerent despot, that can work for the orcs and orcs alone. The horde isn't just ORCS.

Quote Originally Posted by galluk View Post
    Vol'Jin for Horde

Alliance, I am kinda surprised Magini is still stoned. He chose that path to save Ironforge from Deathwing's Cataclysm, and kept the Dwarven lands mostly untouched. Since the Cataclysm is over, he should come back and lead the Alliance.

THough, if the story shifts back to the Legion, Velen is probably the most logical choice. THough I expect him to lead some Alliance/Horde teamup, much like Shattered Sun, to wage war against his brothers.
    I can definately see Velen leading a joined effort against the Legion. He would be the next expansions version of thrall from Cata. Uber powerful space goat that saves everyone from the legion whilst the rest of the leaders just sit back and cheer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of love for Prophet Velen is disappointing.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Both of the BC races get very little love. They seemed to be put in so Alliance could have Shamans and Horde could have Paladins. I know the lore around them fits but they always seemed like a lazy choice. I think Blizzard feels the same way about them and i have a feeling the next expansion is going to see the rise of the blood elves to a much more prominant position in the horde and the space goats will lead the charge against the legion.

With all due respect, there isn't much to love from the guy.

Deleted
    Who the Warchief of the Horde should be? Garrosh Hellscream (Yeah, I always liked and still like him, and likely ever will).

However, it's probably Vol'jin who will lead the Horde, since it seems that he's the one who sets the rebellion in motion and he's the one a large part of the story focuses on. But we still have the problem that the orcs don't have a leader with Garroshs downfall/death and at this point I can hardly think of any orc who would make a good leader (that's another point why Vol'jin will presumably be the leader, since there are not that much story relevant orcs).

Even as someone who wants Velen to take a more active role in the story, I don't see him as High King material.

He would best fill the role of a spiritual adviser to the High King. Someone who the High King goes to for advice on how to deal with spiritual or morally ambiguous situations, or perhaps issues that go far beyond the scope of life and death on Azeroth. There is even some promise in this area, apparently Varian's gut reaction upon learning of what happens to Anduin at the end of 5.1 is to send for Velen.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so no Thrall or Saurfang then, nice well though out thread here.. again -_-

This is so ambiguous, are you saying for warchief or for overall leaders of races or for individual factions. Not exactly clear.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I say Gelbin Mekkatorque. How could we go wrong with the smartest race on Azeroth at the helm!
    Because he is inexperienced, he and his midget brethren were isolated most of the time, he is actualy surprised when people kill each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    I Voted for Vol'jin. Mainly because Baine is still young. Vol'jin is wise and loyal to the Horde. His rule would be fair, to me he seems to revere life, yes this is the world of warcraft but its nice to see people to strive for peace. Hes not afraid to get his hands dirty, and he has much up his sleeve.

I dont see Sylvanaas or Theron being the new leaders of the Horde. The blood elves are relatively new to the Horde and the Undead always have hidden motives. I dont think the Horde trusts the Undead the same way the Undead dont trust the Horde.

I voted Jaina because much like Baine, Anduin is still young, I would very much like to see him step away from his princely duities to learn more of the Holy light from Velen. In the mean time Jainas character has grown much. She has always been fair but seems more connected with her feelings and emotions now, and still strives for the best. Having been at a middle ground with the Horde once before I think she would take the necessary actions. When the time comes and Anduin comes back a man and a powerful priest, he reclaims his seat in Stormwind.

If I had to speculate what the end of Wow would look like, I think eventually Baine and Anduin are going to be the 2 to strike peace between the Horde and Alliance.

TLDR, Vol'jin-Jaina
    Isn't Vol'jin mostly loyal to Thrall and their friendship/relationship? He even says so to Garrosh that it's due to his friendship and respect for Thrall that he stays in the Horde.