Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Lust, and Battle Rezzinng, LOH, I believe are a positive change. Now robbing players of there uniqueness I do not, such as Army of the Dead, Infernals, etc.
    This is how I feel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Lust, and Battle Rezzinng, LOH, I believe are a positive change. Now robbing players of there uniqueness I do not, such as Army of the Dead, Infernals, etc.
    LoH is questionable. Easily countered, and wasnt overpowered (due to forbearance, so multiple paladins couldnt LoH the same target)

But then again, if they remove one thing like lust and Army, they have to remove them all.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I think the concept of forcing the same restrictions is a bit odd considering the differences.

Let me preface this with a disclaimer that I am not against the changes outright, I'm just confused by them blanketing the same restrictions on a different system.

The value and use of these cooldowns is very different in RBGs vs Arenas. Arenas are a deathmatch, BGs are an objective. If an Arena team were to run in and blow AotD and Heroism, they burst down someone on the other team nearly instantly and that's it. 3v2, it's essentially guaranteed to be over.

If this same situation happens in an RBG, someone gets destroyed. They release and res, their offensive (or defensive) plan is dealt a blow, and they must adapt to react and counter this death of their team mate, but the BG is not over.

A huge cooldown that either grants a massive survivability or crazy burst is inherently broken in an Arena because you only have that one life before your team is boned. RBGs do not end when the FC dies, they get a plan messed up and have to adapt and overcome. That AotD/LoH/Heroism now has a 10 minute cooldown, so the other team doesn't get a permanent advantage like they can somehow spam those abilities.

Temple of Kotmogu is one where I can see the restrictions being valid because, even as a murderball objective, it is heavily tilted to the favour of deathmatch mechanics. A slew of massive defensive cooldowns or offensive can cause a problem with a hard to counter effect on this type of BG.
    Last edited by Assumi; 2012-11-30 at 01:51 AM.