Page 1 of 3
LastLast

5.1 PvP: What now?

With the nerf to Bestial Wrath, Lynx rush, and the removal of AotF i would think BM is now dead once again for Arena/RBGs.
    With the added glyph to make Aimed Shot work while moving, is this going to influence hunters to return back to Marksmanship? Would love to hear feedback on this, as i'm also on the fence of this outcome.

Deleted
    im gonna return to MM, because i think BM damage is gonna be so easy to stop now.
    i just hope the MM damage wont suck to much

Yeah I'm switching back to MM as well.... I hated BM anyway.

to the ground baby!!! (but fix mm while you are at it)

Staying BM. Glyph of mend pet here I come!!

Well at least we'll know now who the good hunters really are. MM damage is not really there so we will see. It's going to be an uphill battle though because at least from a PvP PoV hunter doesn't really bring anything another class can't do better.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    With the nerf to Bestial Wrath, Lynx rush, and the removal of AotF i would think BM is now dead once again for Arena/RBGs.
    With the added glyph to make Aimed Shot work while moving, is this going to influence hunters to return back to Marksmanship? Would love to hear feedback on this, as i'm also on the fence of this outcome.
    aimed shot hits for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    aimed shot hits for shit.
    Yep. seen 13k hits on a pvp geared target... Arcane shot spam is way better, more damage in a shorter amount of time.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Spec is never dead as long as you know how to play your class and spec. This is coming from an Elemental Shaman.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad that crap got nerfed, watching Kripp do over 900k dmg in 6 secs in ridiculous, not just once but 7 or 8 games in a row

http://youtu.be/3t6phz0sGik
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2012-11-27 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    I'm glad that crap got nerfed, watching Kripp do over 900k dmg in 6 secs in ridiculous, not just once but 7 or 8 games in a row

http://youtu.be/3t6phz0sGik
    Welcome to 2 months ago pre 5.0.5? Understandable though since it's your first post here.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Welcome to 2 months ago pre 5.0.5? Understandable though since it's your first post here.
    He has several videos out there, I just linked 1

BM is still the spec to play, because the other two specs are utter shit. Glyph of mend pet and careful use of BM is pretty much required now. To be honest though, hunter arena viability has been shit since Cata and there really is no reason for other classes to play with a hunter outside of friendships/being gluttons for punishment. I hope in the next patch Surv and MM get some damage buffs because that is what is missing for those specs. Blizzard seriously needs to get on the ball when it comes to hunters as a class because it's extremely frustrating to have little to no viability because your class mechanics are shot to hell.

With lynx rushed nerfed/changed, and our pets being able to be CC'd while enraged i'm not seeing how viable BM could still be. Maybe they'll hotfix the dmg of MM after begin able to toy with it.

With lynx rushed nerfed/changed, and our pets being able to be CC'd while enraged i'm not seeing how viable BM could still be. Maybe they'll hotfix the dmg of MM after begin able to toy with it.
    It's the best out of the 3 specs we have. you will just have to use http://www.wowdb.com/items/42915-glyph-of-mend-pet and keep mend pet up at all times to emulate the CC immunity of the old BW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lynx Rush was changed, but what about Blink Strike? As far as I'm aware, Blink Strike hits for more than KC plus it doesn't have a focus cost and a short CD. As for LR, it's now a bleed which can't be dispelled, and as Feral Druids have proven over and over again, hard hitting bleeds suck. Why not try to adapt to the changes and promote smart play, rather than crying that you can't pop every single CD and do ridiculous damage in a short amount of time?

Oh and the point that people have about pets being able to be CC'ed while damage CD's are popped, welcome to the rest of the players out there. Getting stunned/feared/poly'd/knocked back/death gripped/disoriented while Unending Resolve is up, only to get silenced as soon as it falls off, WHILE I have all my CD's popped is the most frustrating thing in the world. At least you have a way to break that AoE fear through smart use of BW. The only thing this change actually does is it promotes Hunters to play the way they did last season. Set up great CC chains and blow a target to hell through smart CD usage.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 04:09 PM ----------

To be honest though, hunter arena viability has been shit since Cata and there really is no reason for other classes to play with a hunter outside of friendships/being gluttons for punishment. I hope in the next patch Surv and MM get some damage buffs because that is what is missing for those specs. Blizzard seriously needs to get on the ball when it comes to hunters as a class because it's extremely frustrating to have little to no viability because your class mechanics are shot to hell.
    Hunters were amazing in Cata with a variety of viable comps. H/Feral, H/Rogue, H/DK, H/Warrior, H/Ret, Triple DPS, etc. The high skill cap is just what kept Hunters away from the lower ranking ladders but made them very popular in the glad range. Exactly the same thing that was going on with Affliction Warlocks last season.

Hunter mechanics aren't shot to hell, they are there and working fine. They were broken at the beginning of MoP but have now been fixed. Big deal, play smart like the rest of us and you'll see that the world didn't just end.

Who was using lynx rush anyway? Except for duels and maybe 2s. It was not reliable in 3s,5s,rbg. Bestial Wrath nerf is a big one though. Honestly I dont think bm pvp is dead, you got bw nerfed and sustained damage buffed via mobility and aspect buff ( %10 to %15 ). Warrior and mage nerfs are way harsh then hunters totally deserved though.

10+ Year Old Account
    LR was where the big burst came from, especially since nobody used AMoC and everyone is convinced that BS is utter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    LR was where the big burst came from, especially since nobody used AMoC and everyone is convinced that BS is utter garbage.
    Yes it was, unless it's high rated pvp where ppl are smart enough to not allow a single person brutalized by it. Check out 2.2k+ hunters majority of them are using BS because its a reliable burst. Sure LR is stronger when you get oppurtunities buts its not that common.

Deleted
    BM is still the best build for pvp simply because even though it has been nerfed, the other builds are terribad.