Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Been MM since week 2 of MoP. I can't comprehend playing BM now that pets don't get CC immunity during BW. I was already tearing my hair out against wizard cleaves for the few games I tried BM.

    -Powershot hits really hard after I upgraded my tier 2 bow to 498.
    -It's actually possible to kite warriors again.
    -You'll still die in a deep freeze if you don't get a trinket or dispel for sure.
    -I don't get why everyone is so into the Aimed Shot gylph? I won't be using it for sure.
    -+%5 to Hawk doesn't hurt
    -24/7 Aspect of the Hawk feels so amazing. I used to switch between Fox and Hawk with binds and it feels so much better now.

    Overall I'm happy. I don't think MM is rank 1 viable, but you can definitely do well if you're skilled. Good riddance to BM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Been MM since week 2 of MoP. I can't comprehend playing BM now that pets don't get CC immunity during BW. I was already tearing my hair out against wizard cleaves for the few games I tried BM.

    -Powershot hits really hard after I upgraded my tier 2 bow to 498.
    -It's actually possible to kite warriors again.
    -You'll still die in a deep freeze if you don't get a trinket or dispel for sure.
    -I don't get why everyone is so into the Aimed Shot gylph? I won't be using it for sure.
    -+%5 to Hawk doesn't hurt
    -24/7 Aspect of the Hawk feels so amazing. I used to switch between Fox and Hawk with binds and it feels so much better now.

    Overall I'm happy. I don't think MM is rank 1 viable, but you can definitely do well if you're skilled. Good riddance to BM.
    mostly i agree with this, i enjoy playing mm but my damage seems kinda random, there are times i cant even bring down to 80% a warrior, i would rather have careful aim to 85% instead of 75% crit, atm i hardly crit and gets me kinda mad.

    anyways i will keep playing mm, btw on topic, whats better, mastery or haste? need to reforge atm

  3. #23
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    LR was where the big burst came from, especially since nobody used AMoC and everyone is convinced that BS is utter garbage.
    i used BS this wholl patch...am i a baddy now ?

  4. #24
    The thing with Powershot is the 1min CD. For fucks sake I already need a 3s window to cast it. I like it but I don't like the cd at all. I'm using Glaive Toss for now.

    PS. MM also, never went BM. Fuck that mindless spec.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

    Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

    -Huainy

  5. #25
    I dont get it. Hunters still bring THE MOST CC of any class, arguably the best utility of any class, great survivability and mobility. BM STILL has a 1 minute trinket that can be readiness'ed. BMs damage is still very high even though the pet is cc'able. Hunters are still a 40 yard range melee.

    IMO they are back down to everyone elses level. Cant see how they are not viable when a hunter can drop 20+ second cc chains on a healer by himself.

  6. #26
    WoW your so damn clueless i dont even know where to start or why i am repsponding to this

    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I dont get it. Hunters still bring THE MOST CC of any class
    haha... right... 1 CC on a 30 sec CD, dont even bother bringing up intimidation.

    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    arguably the best utility of any class, great survivability and mobility
    .
    Mobility, yes i agree.
    Utility, WHAT ?!?! Whats utility are you talking about !??!
    Great Survivability... haha... get the fuck out of here.

    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    BM STILL has a 1 minute trinket that can be readiness'ed.
    Extra trinket is nice, kinda the only thing keeping us alive for more then 5 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    BMs damage is still very high even though the pet is cc'able.
    hahahah.... seriously dude... that single comment just makes you look bad. L2P and stop posting shit on the forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Hunters are still a 40 yard range melee.
    True, a shitty one but still.

    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    IMO they are back down to everyone elses level. Cant see how they are not viable when a hunter can drop 20+ second cc chains on a healer by himself.
    20 second CC chain, from what.. 4 sec scatter 8 sec trap, 2 sec scatter 4 sec trap. Requering a 5min CD, 4x 30 sec CD´s. And target not having a trinket or beeing dispelled. Or trap just not triggering, or target just walks away during the scatter errors.

    When a single holy pally can CC for 24 seconds, with 6 second stun, 8 sec repent, 4 sec repent, 2 sec repent and 4 second blind.

  7. #27
    Beast Mastery is still the "top" PvP spec; the only thing about it is that we are literally having to choose between two piles of shit at this point. I personally hate Beast Mastery with every fiber of my being. However, Marksman damage just isn't there. Blizzard threw some decent PvE buffs its' way, but they kind of overlooked the part where Aimed Shot hits like a wet noodle. I would love nothing more than to switch to Marksman, however, I need to be Beast Mastery otherwise my team's rating will continue to go down (honestly doing absolutely horribly this season...)

    Fixed: Was wrong about Glyph of Scattering
    Last edited by Ovacor; 2012-11-28 at 10:50 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post

    I think the Bestial Wrath nerf was complete overkill, but the thing that honestly made my jaw drop was the removal of Glyph of Scattering. We already have to manage the most pain in the ass CC mechanic in the game, why make it more fucking difficult..?
    I dont get it, they added 1 glyph that removes dots when you scatter and when you trap, so you dont need 2 anymore?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    WoW your so damn clueless i dont even know where to start or why i am repsponding to this
    I havent touched my hunter since cata but im pretty sure they are mostly the same.

    Cc lets see: Scatter trap is an 11-12 second cc, both being 30 second cds. Or you can use scatter as a ranged gouge if you dont feel like trapping or are trapping off another cc. Monkey blind 4 sec cc thats on a different DR than trap (this can be replaced with disarm or tons of other ccs if necessary). Silencing shot. Intimidation if your BM. Fire trap knockback on certain arenas is EXTREMELY good since its on steroids compared to the other knockbacks. You also have scare beast for druids/shammies. All of these are ranged and instant except for scare.

    Utility: Masters call giving you an 8 second hand of freedom on a 45 second cooldown for your target and your pet. Roar of sacrifice making target immune to crits for 12 seconds which can completely cancel out recklessness from a warrior for example. Spammable purge / enrage remover. 25% MS, ranged. Undispellable ranged slows. Hunters have a ballston of utility.

    Survivability for hunters is fine. Multiple deterrences, feign death and multiple instant ccs to stop casts, fairly good mobility. Not anything amazing but definitely not bad.

    Hunter damage is fine still. Not all the damage is the pet, hunters still do decent damage and with BW up every god damn minute how can you not do damage, MM is still low and needs to be upped a bit. Seriously who else gets a huge dps cd on 1 min (aside from frozen orb from mages I suppose).

    20 second cc chain that I used to do all the time in cata ON HEALERS. Scatter -> Trap -> Silencing shot -> Monkey Blind. I suppose thats only 18-19 seconds but still.

    Hunters were very viable in cata because they played like ranged rogues, now BM has turned hunters into ranged warriors trying to steamroll and thats not how it should be imo.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2012-11-28 at 10:38 PM.

  10. #30
    MM seems viable dmg,

    if powershot doesn't fail and it crits with cds up, but that is it

    mm survivality is crap, only 1 trinket (compared to 3 in bm..) squishy as fuck.. pets dies too easy

    so hunters are in a spot like rogues I'd say, hunters are the worst range class right now


    about 1min bw it's shit, they can cc the pet now, so our dmg gonna be shit..

    anyway arenas are really bad right now idk how people can have fun, I play sometimes but still it's sooooo bad it's just about cc-> 1 shot some1

    even outplaying some1 they can just randomly 1shot you
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2012-11-28 at 10:47 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlance View Post
    I dont get it, they added 1 glyph that removes dots when you scatter and when you trap, so you dont need 2 anymore?
    Fixed it, I was wrong =P

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I havent touched my hunter since cata but im pretty sure they are mostly the same.

    Cc lets see: Scatter trap is an 11-12 second cc, both being 30 second cds. Or you can use scatter as a ranged gouge if you dont feel like trapping or are trapping off another cc. Monkey blind 4 sec cc thats on a different DR than trap (this can be replaced with disarm or tons of other ccs if necessary). Silencing shot. Intimidation if your BM. Fire trap knockback on certain arenas is EXTREMELY good since its on steroids compared to the other knockbacks. You also have scare beast for druids/shammies. All of these are ranged and instant except for scare.

    Utility: Masters call giving you an 8 second hand of freedom on a 45 second cooldown for your target and your pet. Roar of sacrifice making target immune to crits for 12 seconds which can completely cancel out recklessness from a warrior for example. Spammable purge / enrage remover. 25% MS, ranged. Undispellable ranged slows. Hunters have a ballston of utility.

    Survivability for hunters is fine. Multiple deterrences, feign death and multiple instant ccs to stop casts, fairly good mobility. Not anything amazing but definitely not bad.

    Hunter damage is fine still. Not all the damage is the pet, hunters still do decent damage and with BW up every god damn minute how can you not do damage, MM is still low and needs to be upped a bit. Seriously who else gets a huge dps cd on 1 min (aside from frozen orb from mages I suppose).

    20 second cc chain that I used to do all the time in cata ON HEALERS. Scatter -> Trap -> Silencing shot -> Monkey Blind. I suppose thats only 18-19 seconds but still.

    Hunters were very viable in cata because they played like ranged rogues, now BM has turned hunters into ranged warriors trying to steamroll and thats not how it should be imo.
    So you havent playing your hunter since last expansion.. and your argueing about stuff you have "0" clue about. And who the hell uses a tenacity specc monkey as BM today !?!?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    So you havent playing your hunter since last expansion.. and your argueing about stuff you have "0" clue about. And who the hell uses a tenacity specc monkey as BM today !?!?
    Just because I havent played my hunter since cata doesnt mean I dont know something about them in MoP. Ive played well over 200 arenas at 90 and many against hunters and my friend I play with often is a hunter. Who said anything about tenacity? Monkey is cunning and every spec but BM uses cunning pets since their damage is negligible and because they actually require thought instead of mindless BM tunneling with a few instant ccs on the side. I dont mean to shock you but there are pets besides the spirit beast.

    Of course you just see a random comment I threw on there and pick out 1 thing your incorrect about and suddenly my entire argument seems wrong. Hunters still have too much cc and utility and when played well are fucking scary with how much they can do and still put out good damage.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2012-11-29 at 12:31 AM.

  14. #34
    1st thing,lynx rush "nerf" is a burst nerf,not a damage nerf,however in 3vs3 is a must to use BS because LR damage was shared between 3 players and/or pets
    2nd thing,BM hunter now have 5% AP and no need to switch to fox,so cobra shot= more damage
    3th,glyph of mend pet,yes a bit lucky maybe,but when we enrage if they cc pet at least only 40/50% of our damage is cc'ed,not all
    4th don't try to say that only pro hunters can now use MM,because pro hunters wil luse again BM cause they know is better,cause bm now can silence and readiness,so there's only benefit cause we have stun

    So,i'm not saying hunter are fine in pvp at the moment,but no one can say that bm is destroyed by this patch....maybe in random bg where you shard any random PVPer with 0 resi or with 2 buttons, however if you dont believe me,respecc mm and try steady shot's damage...after tell me...oh no,only pro hunter can use mm,cause bm require an easyest rotation right?or lesser pet micromanagement?

  15. #35
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,664
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Just because I havent played my hunter since cata doesnt mean I dont know something about them in MoP. Ive played well over 200 arenas at 90 and many against hunters and my friend I play with often is a hunter. Who said anything about tenacity? Monkey is cunning and every spec but BM uses cunning pets since their damage is negligible and because they actually require thought instead of mindless BM tunneling with a few instant ccs on the side. I dont mean to shock you but there are pets besides the spirit beast.

    Of course you just see a random comment I threw on there and pick out 1 thing your incorrect about and suddenly my entire argument seems wrong. Hunters still have too much cc and utility and when played well are fucking scary with how much they can do and still put out good damage.
    Obviously you weren't clued in on the fact that any pet can be specced to any tree now (ferocity, cunning, tenacity).

    Plus,

    Spammable purge / enrage remover. 25% MS, ranged.
    Tranq shot costs 25 focus, which is more than Shiv (20 energy), and a hell of a lot more resource intensive than Dispel or Purge. You can't spam that. Widow's Venom is literally the most useless shot in the hunter arsenal. 15 focus, no damage, used to be dispellable, not sure if it is any more.

  16. #36
    just change lynx rush to blink strike and you still got 50-60k dps

  17. #37
    is there something im missing about powershot? even if i trinket+bf i still get 30ks when it actually does hit, and most of the time it doesn't even hit them

  18. #38
    Powershot with burst macro (Tier1 pvp bow 2/2) in world pvp: http://i.imgur.com/fEIOX.jpg

  19. #39
    Mechagnome Kildragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    i used BS this wholl patch...am i a baddy now ?
    I'm not saying that BS is actually bad, I'm saying that a lot of people were convinced it was garbage. I always thought it was an excellent talent, especially for reliable burst purposes.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 02:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayreonlol View Post
    Powershot with burst macro (Tier1 pvp bow 2/2) in world pvp: http://i.imgur.com/fEIOX.jpg
    How did you get over 100% PvP power?

  20. #40
    +10k pvp power trinket, rapid fire, blacksmith

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •