Thread: 5.1 Mind Sear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    I'm pretty sure they buffed it, because personally for me its amazing now. I went from close to bottom on aoe to the top. It almost feels a little too buffed. But I'm sure thats because it works with our mastery.
    Actually, it doesn't work with the mastery. They forgot to buff values for the mastery MSear ticks and they still do pre-buff damage. Could be the 3rd or 4th time in a row now...

  2. #22
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Berner View Post
    Actually, it doesn't work with the mastery. They forgot to buff values for the mastery MSear ticks and they still do pre-buff damage. Could be the 3rd or 4th time in a row now...
    so it does work with our mastery. just the coefficient is off. regardless. its buffed and its working. mastery is free dmg anyway. i don't really see a reason to harp on it.

  3. #23
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,799
    Mind sear will get nerfed again, don't kid yourself.

    Probably a hotfix 1-2 Weeks from now. They'll nerf it back to the ground knee-jerk-style, like they always do.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  4. #24
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Aerie Peak, U.S Alliance
    Posts
    37
    Change Mind sear to spread all dots to enemies within 25 yards That would help out. Hell mages have the dot spread heh

  5. #25
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Durka View Post
    Change Mind sear to spread all dots to enemies within 25 yards That would help out. Hell mages have the dot spread heh
    If they did that, we'd proc MS and MB non-stop with humongous AoE damage non-stop.
    That's not viable man, although I would love to see a spreadable weaker, non-proccing dot, recovering 0.2% max HP for every tick that dot does. [up to 10 targets max on the recovering].
    Get rid of Vamp Embrace in the process.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    If they did that, we'd proc MS and MB non-stop with humongous AoE damage non-stop.
    That's not viable man, although I would love to see a spreadable weaker, non-proccing dot, recovering 0.2% max HP for every tick that dot does. [up to 10 targets max on the recovering].
    Get rid of Vamp Embrace in the process.
    No, just no. Vampiric Embrace is a great spell.

  7. #27
    The Patient Aica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    278
    Looks like the Mind Sear mastery procs got bugfixed:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nov 29 Hotfixes
    Mind Sear damage generated by Shadow Priest Mastery: Shadowy Recall has been increased to match Mind Sear's normal damage.
    {[( )]}

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans Keosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    2,690
    Well they surely buffed it a lot, but i run OOM twice at Wind lord when trying to use so i went back to multidotting.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-12-01 at 08:30 AM.

  9. #29
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Mind Sear, in context of the time it's been added, til now, seems to be a really exact example of an ability that's all over the place. It feels like they just can't decide where to leave it, and, the result, is it's always getting ping ponged around and changed. There are other abilities like that in the game, but just looking at the total history of mind sear is a bit sad.
    I've always theorized that whatever and however they're thinking about us vis a vis multi-dotting affects what they do with Mind Sear. Single target environments with adds cause it to generally need a buff. Target rich environments for multi-dotting make the single target value too strong. So however they're viewing the next set of dungeons/raids makes it the go-to place for adjusting our damage. Just a theory though.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    If they did that, we'd proc MS and MB non-stop with humongous AoE damage non-stop.
    That's not viable man, although I would love to see a spreadable weaker, non-proccing dot, recovering 0.2% max HP for every tick that dot does. [up to 10 targets max on the recovering].
    Get rid of Vamp Embrace in the process.
    VE is an amazing spell, much better than passive healing. Please get rid, and stop playing priest if you are going to complain this way.

  11. #31
    The Patient Aica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Well they surely buffed it a lot, but i run OOM twice at Wind lord when trying to use so i went back to multidotting.
    First, use Mindbender. Second, throw out 1-2 VTs, Third, Mind Sear and never OOM.
    {[( )]}

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I've always theorized that whatever and however they're thinking about us vis a vis multi-dotting affects what they do with Mind Sear. Single target environments with adds cause it to generally need a buff. Target rich environments for multi-dotting make the single target value too strong. So however they're viewing the next set of dungeons/raids makes it the go-to place for adjusting our damage. Just a theory though.
    That very well may be, not to say it's a definite, just, as far as theories go, at least I can see where it's coming from.

  13. #33
    Herald of the Titans Keosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    First, use Mindbender. Second, throw out 1-2 VTs, Third, Mind Sear and never OOM.
    Maths disagree
    Are you mass dispelling?
    I tried evewrything i can even disperse still going oom

  14. #34
    Stack more VT if you're having mana problems, if you have 4-5 rolling you will not run OOM.

  15. #35
    The Patient Aica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Maths disagree
    Are you mass dispelling?
    I tried evewrything i can even disperse still going oom
    Yes, I use mass dispel.
    Base Regen = -.4% mana / sec
    MBender = -0.28 mana / sec
    1 VT = -.63% mana / sec
    MS = 0.75% mana / sec
    MD = 0.87% mana / sec

    Mind Sear and Mass Dispel combined cost 1.62% mana per second. Base Regen + Mindbender give 0.68% mana per second. You need to make up 0.94% mana with VT, which you can easily do with two.

    If you incorporate MB into the rotation, you need to add another VT.
    Last edited by Aica; 2012-12-03 at 07:24 PM.
    {[( )]}

  16. #36
    two VT's is almost always enough, unless you aren't on CC duty for the fight. you can still use mindbender (and get VT mana from previously cast DoTs) while running around and CCing/clicking amber prisons, but you can't lose mana from mindsear doing these things.

    if you aren't on CC duty for the fight, you can just VT all the active adds if your mana gets to 30% or something. it's not a dps increase to use VT on this fight, and you use very little mana once the add phase is finished, so there's no reason to keep your mana at 90%+ at all times or whatever.

  17. #37
    H-Feng:

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...=9427#Relapses

    Used a pot for the first add phase, coupled with ToF. Peaked at 365k DPS with Mind Sear. Yes, it was buffed.

  18. #38
    yeah, i just got around to doing meljarak this week and the results are pretty absurd:

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i9...0237#Snaxattax

    my previous best was like 135k or so... and it was so much easier. let my mana get too low at the end of the adds phase because i was lolling too hard at how much dps i was doing just pressing mindsear. so nice not being complete gimpy trash on stacked aoe now.

    if only they'd buff power infusion so that we have an actual 'cooldown' for pure single target fights. IMO it could be fixed pretty much entirely by either adding a +shadow damage done component to it, or having it reduce mindblast's cooldown by like 4-5 seconds during PI. or they could just make mindflay crits reduce fiend/bender cooldown again (by 3 and 1 seconds respectively) and give us a cool synergistic reason to go for crit as well as cast mindflay.

  19. #39
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    www.deadmen.co.uk
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Well they surely buffed it a lot, but i run OOM twice at Wind lord when trying to use so i went back to multidotting.
    Wierd, I Mind Sear the whole of P1 (we do 3 cc's) and do not go oom. You remembering to use your mana fiend?

  20. #40
    I had our warrior complaining at how high my aoe dps was last raid. Happy days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •