Thread: Paladin addons.

Paladin addons.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the MOP version of paladins. I played paladins in WOTLK as a tank. Im looking for any helpful addons to help me with my adventures!.. I currently run mainspec ret, and offspec prot. I find it hard to keep inquisition up 24/7 so any helpfull tips with that would be great too. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thodrin View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the MOP version of paladins. I played paladins in WOTLK as a tank. Im looking for any helpful addons to help me with my adventures!.. I currently run mainspec ret, and offspec prot. I find it hard to keep inquisition up 24/7 so any helpfull tips with that would be great too. Thanks!
    Blessed
    Healbot (Optional)
    Omni CC
    Bartender (Optional)
    Tidy Plates

These are the addons i use.

Deleted
    clcret is an amazing add-on for Retribution - my offspec. It tells you what your next move should be (and the one after that), so it will help keeping up inquisition. Sometimes you will want to deviate from the recommended move, but in general, it is both good as "training wheels" for learning and also for speeding up even experienced players.

I'd be loathe to use a rotation add-on for prot, as I would find it too much of a mental straight jacket: while tanking, you want to be thinking of much more than just the big button you should press next. However, I do use weakauras and theck's strings for them, which accomplish something similar. Having a sound cue for 5 holy power is very nice.

The biggest add-on for me for tanking is Tidy Plates: Threat plates. Not so important for raiding but great for 5 mans to round up all the adds (their nameplates become enlarged if you don't have threat).

However, I'd also put in a word for GTFO. MoP seems big on putting bad stuff on the ground for you to (not) stand in; GTFO buzzes you to get out asap.

A boss mod is almost compulsory for raiding with any class, ofc: I use DBM.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    I'd be loathe to use a rotation add-on for prot, as I would find it too much of a mental straight jacket: while tanking, you want to be thinking of much more than just the big button you should press next. However, I do use weakauras and theck's strings for them, which accomplish something similar. Having a sound cue for 5 holy power is very nice.
    I simply use WeakAuras to track my CS, Judgement, Sacred Shield and Shield of the Righteous buff, seems to work better than when I tried to use CLCRet or CLCInfo for it

Quote Originally Posted by Thodrin View Post

Weak Auras. Get it, use it, love it.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.