1. #1
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706

    Glyph of Gateway Attunement

    Does this glyph only work for the warlock or for the whole raid?

  2. #2
    The Glyph of Gateway Attunement will only negate the warlock's need to click the portal. So yes, everyone else in the raid would have to click it.

  3. #3
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706
    What a shame, looks like my days of killing people in lfr are over

  4. #4
    so pissed off by this change, such ridiculous catering to people who can't look at their screens...

    Tell you what, why doesn't the lightwell glyph do the same thing ?
    >> Priest doesnt have to click, but everyone else does.
    Because it's retarded, that's why. And here is this logic, applied to warlocks.

  5. #5
    Example... You play warlock + random healer + random. U throw demonic gateway, ure friend / healer get cc'ed possible fear, run around like chickens, run into portal when fear expires or something like that, or get knockbacked into it... All the while opposing team is doing shitloads of dmg to you or your compadre... Now your team is at the other side of the map.. And yeah i can see its hard to click dat portal. Stop complaining, not needing to click on it was retarded and now its fixed. FOR PVP reasons, not pve... and i u dont have 0.5-1 sec to click on it in raid, u should really reroll game.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    so pissed off by this change, such ridiculous catering to people who can't look at their screens...

    Tell you what, why doesn't the lightwell glyph do the same thing ?
    >> Priest doesnt have to click, but everyone else does.
    Because it's retarded, that's why. And here is this logic, applied to warlocks.
    It's not about making it so warlocks can't grief people in their group, as Xelnath said before the way that the spell was designed is why it had restrictions on the range that warlocks could be from it (I believe it technically counted both gateways as a pet, and when you get too far from a pet the pet despawns). Now it is an object that everyone else needs to interact with but a lock with the glyph does not need to.

  7. #7
    I'm an end user. I'm focused on end results.
    Understanding the 'why' is of course important, but ultimately not an excuse for poor / failed design.

    Sorry if i sound like a bit of a dick, i kind of am.

  8. #8
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL.
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    so pissed off by this change, such ridiculous catering to people who can't look at their screens...

    Tell you what, why doesn't the lightwell glyph do the same thing ?
    >> Priest doesnt have to click, but everyone else does.
    Because it's retarded, that's why. And here is this logic, applied to warlocks.
    Umm re-read http://www.wowhead.com/item=87902
    Its not only people looking at their screens but knockback mechanics and clipping that this will prevent from being annoying. Not to mention the timing on can have w/ this.
    Warlocks get a glyph to avoid them having to click the gateway so Im confused why you are so mad.

  9. #9
    knockbacks ? is there any situation, in arena (i guess?) where you stand still for over 15 seconds? because that's the CD on you going through.

    I don't get your point about re-reading the tooltip.
    My point is, that glyph (lightwell one) makes it so that no one in your raid has to click it. It's automatic, based on X Y conditions.
    Why I'm mad, is that our glyph does that for gateway, but only for the warlock, not the entire raid.

    Why was it so hard to avoid initially ? Is it too big (everystep i take in this arena i'm walking in it)? or to small (fuck didn't see t walked into it)?

  10. #10
    Maybe my guild will actually let me put one down now that the tank can run around all willy nilly without getting punted cause 'he couldn't see that crap'. lol

  11. #11
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,422
    Anyone know the range of the click?

    Do I have to be Inside of the portal to use it. Or is it a reasonable range. Soulwell style(lightwell would be a little much)

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral Junblat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Warlockville, Lebanon
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Maybe my guild will actually let me put one down now that the tank can run around all willy nilly without getting punted cause 'he couldn't see that crap'. lol
    this

    10efkonfrweiubrgiurg

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Example... You play warlock + random healer + random. U throw demonic gateway, ure friend / healer get cc'ed possible fear, run around like chickens, run into portal when fear expires or something like that, or get knockbacked into it... All the while opposing team is doing shitloads of dmg to you or your compadre... Now your team is at the other side of the map.. And yeah i can see its hard to click dat portal. Stop complaining, not needing to click on it was retarded and now its fixed. FOR PVP reasons, not pve... and i u dont have 0.5-1 sec to click on it in raid, u should really reroll game.
    Also for PvE. The range of that portal could be obscure, rather random, and several guildies told me if I don't stop using portals serious bad stuff will happen. Accidents happen, especially with portals.

    I for one can't wait for this change.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 08:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    knockbacks ? is there any situation, in arena (i guess?) where you stand still for over 15 seconds? because that's the CD on you going through.

    I don't get your point about re-reading the tooltip.
    My point is, that glyph (lightwell one) makes it so that no one in your raid has to click it. It's automatic, based on X Y conditions.
    Why I'm mad, is that our glyph does that for gateway, but only for the warlock, not the entire raid.

    Why was it so hard to avoid initially ? Is it too big (everystep i take in this arena i'm walking in it)? or to small (fuck didn't see t walked into it)?
    It's not hard to avoid, but it's easy to accidentally the whole "run out of aoe fuck the portal was there and I forgot and now I'm screwed". Furthermore, a lot of warlock griefers around, especially in LFR. Warlock portal on the stack up point on emps, etc., it was just lame.

    Again, I'm glad. More control is ALWAYS better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •