Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Angry 5.1 25-man Raid Changes in Asia

So again Blizzard is doing their experiments on Asia server (last time was late 4.2 double lockout per week for FL), and here are the changes:

-10 man and 25 man are having seperated lockouts

-25 man drops 2/4 upgraded items
    for example heroic MV now drops 502+4*2 = 510 loots, and can be further upgraded by twice. So 25-man loots are now having 8 extra ilvs comparing with 10-man loots

Sounds sweet? Here are more changes:

-All 25 man bosses in asia are now having 10% health buffed (both normal and heroic)
    -All 25 man bosses in asia are now having 8~10% damage buffed (both normal and heroic)

I understand Blizzard want to encourage 25m raids and hopefully, with 25m dropping better loots people would more likely to try doing 25m Pugs.
    But WTF is that 10% buff? I think anyone in a semi-hardcore guild understand how much harder a boss would be. For my guild HMV should be fine, but now it just become so frustrating that we may not be able to even farm the bosses we downed 2 weeks ago in HHoF as every boss there is such a massive gear and dps check and 10% buff is a complete bullsh*t, and not to say HToES that we are just starting to raid.

I have asked a couple of TW's semi-hardcore 25m guild, and seems most of us have concluded that we need to run both 10m and 25m for gears then go 10H for realm-first. And yes we can get better gear from 25m but now no one in a 25m progress guild cares that. I would just hope nothing was changed cause. GJ Blizzard for promoting 10m raids as a 10% buff for 25m in the middle of a who-cares-race for realm first is just too crazy.

BTW I've heard Stars got a 0% wipe on Sha of Fear just before 5.1 and after server restart it suddenly gets an extra 100M health. Yay and nice troll again Blizzard

Edit: I would think most of the 25m raider don't really want this kind of "better" loots because we already got our BiS before 5.1 and it would be fine for us if noting was changed. Now we have to start farming gear again, not simply because of we "want" better loots, but we "NEED" better loots to catch up our progress or even to farm bosses that we already killed 2~3 times before 5.1 since they were already massive gear checking before the buff
    Last edited by terahk; 2012-11-30 at 06:24 AM.

If you want better loot beat harder bosses. Thats how it works.

Back to realm first kills. If you can farm some + ilvl 8 loot from 25 man it will put you before 10m only guilds in the race (if you want your realm first from 10m).

Source? Troll?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-30 at 05:16 PM.

So this is basically the same as in WotLK but with the whole upgrade thing added to the mix. 25 man = higher ilvl than 10man, but now both drop some of the same stuff, compared to WotLK where it was different.

None of the 25m raiders want "better" loots because we already got our BiS before and we don't need better loots(at least for this tier), but now they aren't anymore.

Not to say farm 8 extra ilv on average in a 25m raid takes at least 2~3 weeks so we have to start over again until 3 weeks later, assuming we 8 ilv can compensate a 10% buff.

And yes I understand people won't care about asia server, but I still feel sorry for Stars.
    Last edited by terahk; 2012-11-30 at 06:01 AM.

so now you want more loot and easy bosses? thought stuff like this went hand in hand.

No sympathy from me really, besides i hope this so call project fails big time. I love 10 man raiding and have no intention of being force to go back to 25 man raiding. 10 man for me is alot more about friendship and having fun, in 25 man you barely know half the guys decent.

Ofc it won't help in this content but will affect next ones, it's really unlucky they did this during progression.

Btw a link would be nice from offical post.

The morale of the story is this...

...say what you will... all things in WoW return to Wrath of the Lich King design, the king of the expansions. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    All that was really needed was separate achievements again, yet another case of blizzard ignoring feedback since they made the game into 'everyone's a winner'

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwage View Post
    Ofc it won't help in this content but will affect next ones, it's really unlucky they did this during progression.

Btw a link would be nice from offical post.
    I dont have a screenshot right now, but i can find a fraps for a HMV run in TW on twitch tv yesterday

Sorry but I cant post any link=(

twitch tv angrybirdstw/b/343887074
    starts from 42:10, 678M health for feng

HMV run before 5.1
    angrybirdstw/b/342080882
    38:20, 628M health for feng

Interesting. It really seems they are experimenting. I hope this will never be on EU servers, don't want to be forced to do 25 man (Yes I would definetly go back if it would be superior)

Quote Originally Posted by terahk View Post
    So again Blizzard is doing their experiments on Asia server (last time was late 4.2 double lockout per week for FL), and here are the changes:

-10 man and 25 man are having seperated lockouts

-25 man drops 2/4 upgraded items
    for example heroic MV now drops 502+4*2 = 510 loots, and can be further upgraded by twice. So 25-man loots are now having 8 extra ilvs comparing with 10-man loots

Sounds sweet? Here are more changes:

-All 25 man bosses in asia are now having 10% health buffed (both normal and heroic)
    -All 25 man bosses in asia are now having 8~10% damage buffed (both normal and heroic)

I understand Blizzard want to encourage 25m raids and hopefully, with 25m dropping better loots people would more likely to try doing 25m Pugs.
    But WTF is that 10% buff? I think anyone in a semi-hardcore guild understand how much harder a boss would be. For my guild HMV should be fine, but now it just become so frustrating that we may not be able to even farm the bosses we downed 2 weeks ago in HHoF as every boss there is such a massive gear and dps check and 10% buff is a complete bullsh*t, and not to say HToES that we are just starting to raid.

I have asked a couple of TW's semi-hardcore 25m guild, and seems most of us have concluded that we need to run both 10m and 25m for gears then go 10H for realm-first. And yes we can get better gear from 25m but now no one in a 25m progress guild cares that. I would just hope nothing was changed cause. GJ Blizzard for promoting 10m raids as a 10% buff for 25m in the middle of a who-cares-race for realm first is just too crazy.

BTW I've heard Stars got a 0% wipe on Sha of Fear just before 5.1 and after server restart it suddenly gets an extra 100M health. Yay and nice troll again Blizzard

Edit: I would think most of the 25m raider don't really want this kind of "better" loots because we already got our BiS before 5.1 and it would be fine for us if noting was changed. Now we have to start farming gear again, not simply because of we "want" better loots, but we "NEED" better loots to catch up our progress or even to farm bosses that we already killed 2~3 times before 5.1 since they were already massive gear checking before the buff
    Ok check it out. I'm gonna drop some knowledge on dat ass. Asia. Mists of Pandaria=Asian themed. Kung Fu. Pandas. Those farmer hats. Need I say mo'?

In all seriousness. People need to stop letting a trivial thing such as a video game make them mad. There is absolutely nothing in a game that should upset you. If it does, it's time to step away for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captaincrab View Post
    Source? Troll?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...anges-in-Korea

This is nothing new, we in Asian servers had separate 10/25 lockouts for Firelands as well.
    By the end of Cata, every wizard and their dog had an Orange staff

This is simply Blizzard catering more to the "grindier" Asian culture.
    They are not trying this in the West because of all the casual complaints that would erupt, about Blizzard "forcing" them to do 25s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we have free transfers to the asian servers? I feel ripped off from the raid design I started playing WoW in initially...
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

great, so now we'll have to strugle with "world first 10 non-asia", "world first 10 asia from 25m guilds", "world first 25 non-asia" and "world first 25 asia", with all the garbage "but the asian version hits harder so it's the real one" and "but they had loot they shouldn't have so it's not legit" and whatever, good luck to starym on manaflask and any other pple trying to "explain" the next races, and handle all the troll that will necessarilly appear...

but other than that, as long as this never happen on eu server and method/paragon/co keep releasing bosskill vids even if they don't get "wf" or w/e I don't really care what happen to those playing on totally different realms using different rules...

Not that it really matters to me, the regular guy, but it seems like Asia would have a bit of an edge next tier with higher item level loot, in terms of that world first race dealie.

Could you try to structure that into something a little more coherent/relevant?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    This is simply Blizzard catering more to the "grindier" Asian culture.
    That or they are trialling the changes to see if they would work, looking ahead to rolling them out in Europe and the USA.

Blizzard have changed the raid system so many times in the past, it is only a matter of time before they change it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethan View Post
    great, so now we'll have to strugle with "world first 10 non-asia", "world first 10 asia from 25m guilds", "world first 25 non-asia" and "world first 25 asia", with all the garbage "but the asian version hits harder so it's the real one" and "but they had loot they shouldn't have so it's not legit" and whatever, good luck to starym on manaflask and any other pple trying to "explain" the next races, and handle all the troll that will necessarilly appear...

but other than that, as long as this never happen on eu server and method/paragon/co keep releasing bosskill vids even if they don't get "wf" or w/e I don't really care what happen to those playing on totally different realms using different rules...

I understand that in the next tier Asia guilds would have an edge on world-first but that's not really my concern. I am not familiar with Korean guilds, but at least for guilds from taiwan server only Stars could be considered as hardcore guild and possible to participate in the race for wf since the 2nd-5th 25m guilds in tw-realm are just 'regular', 4hrs-per-day raiding guilds with world rank like 40+ (actually should be 80+ if 10m empress wasn't much harder than 25m). So eventually we might be a bit easier in the next tier, but only Stars could have an advantage in a world-wide scale progress racing.

The problem for now is that, without the change guilds could probably complete this tier of pve content in the next 3~4 weeks and relax. After the change it is almost guaranteed that we have to do additional 10-man raids in order to sustain our current progress, not to mentioned that it would probably take us an extra 2~3 weeks to complete the HToES in a 25m raid. We have already spent 2 months for progress and this is just getting us exhausted and frustrated.