Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Extended wait for my paid play time.

I for one am so tired of waiting hours after hours each week for the servers to be back up and not being reimbursed by it.
    I pay for this game to play this game. Why can't blizzard start resets in each time zone accordingly? I would love to be able to play for a greater portion of the day on a tuesday and less on a monday night...Start the resets early and start maintenance then..So when people wake up and have a bit of time before work they can get a few things done? I Know im not the only person who feels this way, im wondering why blizzard has yet to implement it.

Please keep this kind of stuff on World of Warcraft forums.

Because technicians who apply patches to servers want to get some sleep at night? You said that you want to play in the morning. Obviously they want to work in the morning, not during night.
    As of blizzard, you pay fixed amount of money anyway, and paying technicians for night work will seriously increase their expenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    You never paid for 24/7 access, sorry if you thought you did. Next time, read the disclosures you agree to with more care and you wont be so disappointed.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    lol. Someone must be new to MMOs.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Na, it's fine the way it is. Thanks though.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    You pay a fee for access for 30 days to the game while it's up. Maintenance is a necessary part of any online system and some downtime is expected.

I don't pay for 24/7 game play? really? where does it claim otherwise?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the maintenances in the middle of the day but when they get the times wrong week after week, that's aggravating...get the times right or reimburse, it's called good customer service..I don't think anywhere in the terms of use they said we'd get the times wrong every single week after MoP released.
    Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Patch Day. What did you expect? They have to make sure all their unipixiecorns are shooting rainbows out of their butts at the proper angles.

For every person inconvenienced by this Tuesday time there is likely an equal or greater number inconvenienced by any other time. They have to do it sometime, and all together, so why not now?

About refunding money for your time...well I guess they could always refund .5/31 (content patches never last more than 12 hours) of your monthly payment for months where a major content update is pushed...but that sounds kind of silly.

Quote Originally Posted by kenseikira View Post
    I take it you didn't read the terms you signed after you paid for the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You pay a fee for access for 30 days to the game while it's up. Maintenance is a necessary part of any online system and some downtime is expected.
    This.

/10char

You should seriously consider an alternative hobby, just so your soul isn't so depraved when the servers are under maintenance lol

10+ Year Old Account
    In the terms of use and end user license agreement you clearly just agreed to without reading.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I for one am so tired of waiting hours after hours each week for the servers to be back up and not being reimbursed by it.
    I for one am so tired of people who, 7 years later, still havn't figured out it is necessary and isn't going to change.

Where does anything, besides your opinion, claim you do pay for 24/7?

"Looks like we went a few hours over guys, get your change jars"

The TOS I'm sure. I haven't read the darn thing but with how mad you're getting clearly you must have perused that bad boy from front to back.

I'm sure there is a passage in there detailing the needs for maintenance and subsequent downtime. And even if there wasn't, I'm sure you'll get over it, lil guy.

Do you REALLY honestly think any MMO has a 24/7/365 uptime ? REALLY ?

If you do...I got news for you.

No MMO has. No MMO ever had. No MMO ever will.

Its software. Software run on hardware. Software fails sometimes. Hardware fails sometimes. Get used to it

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company.../wow_eula.html

Patches and Updates.
    Blizzard Entertainment and/or Blizzard shall have the right to deploy or provide patches, updates and modifications to the Game, as needed or as useful to:
    (i) enhance the gaming experience by adding new content to the Game, (ii) incorporating new features to the Game, (iii) enhancing content or features already in the Game; (iv) fixing ‘bugs’ that may be altering the Game; and (v) determining how you and other players utilize the Game so that the Game can be enhanced for the enjoyment of the Game’s users; and (vi) protect you and other players against cheating; and (iii) make the gaming environment safer for you. These patches, updates and modifications to the Game must be installed for the user to continue to play the Game. For these purposes, Blizzard Entertainment and/or Blizzard may update the Game remotely, including, without limitation, the Game Client residing on the user's machine, without knowledge or consent of the user, and you hereby grant to Blizzard Entertainment and/or Blizzard your consent to deploy and apply such patches, updates and modifications to the Game.

Hopefully this was informative.