Deleted

[Fire] Troll racial and combustion

I have recently changed from human to troll and had a quick question about the best time to use the troll racial.
    Either pop it to fish for a bigger ignite then usual?, or pop it after a big ignite, just before you combustion?

Thanks

I made myself a macro I use it to fish for a bigger ignite in combination with alter time, because it's not very common that you won't get a nice ignite if you have at lest 4 instant pyros + you have a few extra seconds of the troll racial.

You should do the following:

1. Fireball crit
    2. Infernoblast
    (3. get another HU if not present)
    4. refresh your bomb (important is that you have pyromaniac up)
    5. Presence of mind
    6. Berserk(ing) (don't know the exact name)
    7. Alter Time
    8. Instant Pyro from HS
    9. Instant Pyro from PoM
    (10. Another instant Pyro from HU and the one from HS critting) -> if that happens have a look at combustionhelper if the ignite is big right now
    11. Alter Time (this resets all your buffs - you will have HS + HU, PoM, Full berserking)
    12. Instant Pyro from HS
    13. Instant Pyro from PoM
    (14. Same as 10.)
    15. Combust if you didn't. I would recommend combusting here if it's not a total crap number, because you still should have the berserking buff and it would be waste to loose the haste Buff.

This macro helps me lot:

/castsequence Presence of mind, Berserking, Alter Time

You can hit it 3 Times fast in sequence because none of these spells is on the GCD. If you have a trinket you could also squeeze it in there. Berserking lines up very nice with alter time (both have a 3 Minute CD), so I would recommend always using both together.

Deleted
    Best using it with Alter Time to gain the extra duration; this allows more time to fish for crits AND if you Combust before the effect is over I think you gain 1-2 extra ticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time Combustioning with Berserking won't matter. The only time it would matter is if you are just below a haste breakpoint where Berserking will push you over to another Combustion tick. Ideally, you would reforge your haste to make these breakpoints. Berserking isn't going to give you the few thousand haste rating to reach the next tick.

You should use Berserking to build a better ignite.

EDIT: However, if you reforged for a non BL breakpoint, using Berserking during BL could push you over to another tick that you wouldn't have gotten without Berserking.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-11-28 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Most of the time Combustioning with Berserking won't matter. The only time it would matter is if you are just below a haste breakpoint where Berserking will push you over to another Combustion tick. Ideally, you would reforge your haste to make these breakpoints. Berserking isn't going to give you the few thousand haste rating to reach the next tick.

EDIT: However, if you reforged for a non BL breakpoint, using Berserking during BL could push you over to another tick that you wouldn't have gotten without Berserking.
    I never said that Berserking shouldn't be used to fish for crits; I just said that if you Combust before Berserking ends you stand to potentially gain an extra tick. At the end of the day you only have a ~4 second window after Berserking ends to Combust your crits (CDs line up nicely so most of the time Combust will be up with Berserking) and if you're getting a crit streak in the middle of your Berserking it's no less beneficial to Combust during. Yes, you lose a GCD during your Berserking but you also face the potential that you won't crit for the remainder of the duration, thus losing your big Ignite and consequential big Combustion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post

With a Glyphed Combustion it adds 4-5 ticks. Without the glyph, 2-3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulski View Post
    With a Glyphed Combustion it adds 4-5 ticks. Without the glyph, 2-3.
    I greatly underestimated how much Berserking gave and just assumed it was on par with a trinket proc. Even just eye-balling the 20% haste on the charts I can see you're right.