Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I hate christmas. Too many lonely holidays

  2. #22
    It's also interesting that they added an entry also for January 2013. They seem to be keeping up these additions.

  3. #23
    Yea seems like it will be a big event patch each month, that's good... at least if it means big pvp in those same patches :P
    Snowball fight sounds fun, I liked the costume brawl, and interesting moa bird transform started to work the same after lol
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  4. #24
    What does everyone want for wintersday?

    Mini quaggon for me. I hope there would be an option for it to transform into a monster like that one quaggon....

  5. #25
    I wanna be the very best.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    I wanna be the very best.
    that no one ever was

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    that no one ever was
    To catch them is my real test!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    False, avatar of Dwayna and Grenth are already in game, go to either of their shrines an /kneel and one of their avatars will appear that you can talk to, it would not surprise me if the avatars (which already have models) will show up.
    Actually everything I said is true, the gods are gone, though their avatars might still be hanging around. Though I tend to think of those more as lingering memories rather than full-fledged, empowered avatars that they used to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Actually everything I said is true, the gods are gone, though their avatars might still be hanging around. Though I tend to think of those more as lingering memories rather than full-fledged, empowered avatars that they used to be.
    When you kneel they show up, you can talk to them and they talk about the area, in now way do they imply they are weaker then they used to be, 250 years ago the gods were STILL gone, they left long before the sinking of Orr, and the fact Balthazar himself showed up to open the portal into the Mists kinda proves what you said wrong because that'd mean they returned for something...

    EDIT: Oh yeah, human Racials say hi
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  10. #30
    Fluffy Kitten Bloodhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Actually everything I said is true, the gods are gone, though their avatars might still be hanging around. Though I tend to think of those more as lingering memories rather than full-fledged, empowered avatars that they used to be.
    GW1 showed the Avatars as well, and I was talking about avatars in the first place.

    Tomoko Eternal Life, Kilik Eternal Sun, Eira Frozen Hearted, Ashara Emberlight,
    Vuug The Deceiver, Grash Gravebuilder, Asgaut Divine Soul, Lera Dreamstealer

  11. #31
    Right, they were gone in GW1 as well, but they were still obviously focused on the happenings of the world (the only reason they left was due to the destruction humans wrought with the magic they granted, then separated with the bloodstones). If they're still interested in Tyria (which I'm sure they are, they just don't want humanity to depend on them anymore IMO), they're taking a laissez faire approach. For all intents and purposes, and as far as humanity is concerned, they've been abandoned by the gods. The avatars still exist, but likely aren't as empowered as they were in GW1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  12. #32
    Fluffy Kitten Bloodhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Right, they were gone in GW1 as well, but they were still obviously focused on the happenings of the world (the only reason they left was due to the destruction humans wrought with the magic they granted, then separated with the bloodstones). If they're still interested in Tyria (which I'm sure they are, they just don't want humanity to depend on them anymore IMO), they're taking a laissez faire approach. For all intents and purposes, and as far as humanity is concerned, they've been abandoned by the gods. The avatars still exist, but likely aren't as empowered as they were in GW1.
    The only thing the Human Gods interacted with Tyria in GW1 was by the favor of the gods. They left the world after the Exodus.

    Tomoko Eternal Life, Kilik Eternal Sun, Eira Frozen Hearted, Ashara Emberlight,
    Vuug The Deceiver, Grash Gravebuilder, Asgaut Divine Soul, Lera Dreamstealer

  13. #33
    Right, the Favor of the Gods was the only direct way of interaction. There was plenty of indirect interaction, but always via avatars.

    My point is (and correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't been to every god statue in all of Tyria in GW2) the avatars only still exist deep in Arah, which implies that while the gods no longer grant their favor to all of Tyria, their shrines (where you can currently meet their avatars) either a) have a closer connection to the gods, or b) were imbued with stronger magic/avatars/essence of the gods that allows their avatars to still persist there.

    And, as I've mentioned before, the devs have said it's unlikely we'll see the gods returning in any stronger fashion...I really need to find that quote, it's bugging me.

    So, gods are gone, avatars are weakened, doubtful to see Avatars of Grenth and Dwayna fighting it out. But we'll see what happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  14. #34
    Dreadlord Scyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I hate christmas. Too many lonely holidays
    Same here but I still like Christmas. Another lonely one awaits but who cares! I promise I shall remember you at Christmas! /handcupcake

  15. #35
    I quite enjoyed the Halloween event, it was my first GW event since I've never played the first game, so I'm really looking forward to this one. It's cool to see that this one is going to be a longer event

  16. #36
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Right, the Favor of the Gods was the only direct way of interaction. There was plenty of indirect interaction, but always via avatars.

    My point is (and correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't been to every god statue in all of Tyria in GW2) the avatars only still exist deep in Arah, which implies that while the gods no longer grant their favor to all of Tyria, their shrines (where you can currently meet their avatars) either a) have a closer connection to the gods, or b) were imbued with stronger magic/avatars/essence of the gods that allows their avatars to still persist there.

    And, as I've mentioned before, the devs have said it's unlikely we'll see the gods returning in any stronger fashion...I really need to find that quote, it's bugging me.

    So, gods are gone, avatars are weakened, doubtful to see Avatars of Grenth and Dwayna fighting it out. But we'll see what happens.
    No no no no no no no no no!! The god avatars are NOT in Arah, they are in Brisban Wildlands and Lornars Pass (i think it's there, all snowy zones are the same to me), you go to the Shrine of Dwayna/ Tomb of S'al D'lassio or w/e his name was (Creator of the white mantles) and you can kneel at the shrine and she will spawn, same for the Grenth Shrine in Lonars Pass, this one however is also a skill point so it's quite a bit easier to locate.

    I haven't -seen- shrines for the other gods, i was told that the Beautiful Lyssa Ice Cave has a shrine in it you can kneel at as well, however, being kinda anti snow zones i haven't located it myself, nor do i know where it is on the map... I'll hunt it down this weekend though!!

    EDIT: The temples in Arah are long forsaken by the Gods, they are only Inhabited by the undead Priests/Priestesses of said gods and then other undead soldiers of Zhaitan.
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-11-29 at 04:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  17. #37
    Bloodsail Admiral Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    1,096
    Costume brawl is fucking trash in GW2, hopefully they do it better for december snowball fights.

    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What does everyone want for wintersday?

    Mini quaggon for me. I hope there would be an option for it to transform into a monster like that one quaggon....
    Afaik all Quaggan have the ability to transform, it's when they get angry.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2012-11-29 at 06:17 AM.

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Costume brawl is fucking trash in GW2, hopefully they do it better for december snowball fights.



    Afaik all Quaggan have the ability to transform, it's when they get angry.
    HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT COSTUME BRAWL!! You clearly don't know what fun is!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  19. #39
    Herald of the Titans Platinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,989
    Winter is coming.

    [email protected] | GeForce GTX 760 | 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | 1+2TB HDD | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 | Corsair CX V2 500W | NZXT Phantom | 2x 24" 1920x1080 | Qpad MK-80 MX Blue | Logitech G600

  20. #40
    While I don't think the costume brawl was trash I don't think it was very enjoyable. I much preferred the DOTA style pvp mini game that they had.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •