Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Relic of Chi Ji worth upgrading with valor?

You think it's worth upgrading first with the new item upgrade valor point system in 5.1, or does it make more sense to upgrade items with more actual stats on it.

I'm curious to know if the spirit proc upgrades as well.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Quote Originally Posted by vihtahousu View Post
    upgrade doesn't affect on spirit proc. Only main stat intellect will be a bit higher
    Sorry, but you're wrong, spirit is upgraded as well.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=79330
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet0r-the-Pan View Post
    i would only buy a flying potato

Unless you have tested it in game, http://www.wowdb.com/items/79330-relic-of-chi-ji disagrees with your statement that the proc isn't getting upgraded, use the upgrade slider and see for yourself.

Proc does upgrade.

I put 2 upgrades on my Empress mace and 1 on my Chi'ji. Will finish the trinket next week.

COnfirmed, it does upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Unless you have tested it in game, http://www.wowdb.com/items/79330-relic-of-chi-ji disagrees with your statement that the proc isn't getting upgraded, use the upgrade slider and see for yourself.
    You're wrong, look at it again.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

Yes upgrade it, you'll be keeping it for a long while, and the proc does upgrade as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Upgraded and confirmed, procc included.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    All trinket procs upgrade...

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    You're wrong, look at it again.

What is wrong with people on the priest forums today...

YES THE PROC UPGRADES AND IT IS WORTH IT. I would upgrade trinkets/weapons before touching anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    What is wrong with people on the priest forums today...

YES THE PROC UPGRADES AND IT IS WORTH IT. I would upgrade trinkets/weapons before touching anything else.
    I think on the ptr upgrading trinkets with a proc effect either didn't upgrade the proc or the tooltip was never updated to indicate that the proc was upgraded, hence the confusion.

I doubled up on the upgrade, well worth it IMO. Like Holy stated, upgrade weapons>Trinkets as you will probably have them for the longest period.

Not only that Hopezero, but Weapons get the biggest upgrade, trinkets follow second.

After those are upgraded, I would go for tier gear to be upgraded next.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    Not only that Hopezero, but Weapons get the biggest upgrade, trinkets follow second.

After those are upgraded, I would go for tier gear to be upgraded next.
    Should still weigh in the possibility of obtaining BiS items and upgrade those first. If you're upgrading a normal/LFR item, and you get the heroic version, the upgrade would be wasted.

I've actually recently done the math for shadow showing what pieces give the largest stat/dps gain. I think it is safe to assume that healing priests would receive the same amount of throughput gain from the pieces in order.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2521

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    IDK why people keep saying you'll have this for a long time, I replaced mine weeks ago :-\ Most of the trinkets in raids are better.
    Last edited by mmoc053e24f82b; 2012-11-30 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    IDK why people keep saying you'll have this for a long time, I replaced mine weeks ago :-\ Most of the trinkets in raids are better.
    Normal Spirits of the Sun is HARDLY an upgrade from Relic.

Can't decide if its worth upgrading, access to tsulong normal/hc will trinkets... I do love spirit procs for rapture though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesti View Post
    Normal Spirits of the Sun is HARDLY an upgrade from Relic.
    Amnesti is 100% right.

Go check the math behind it.

Normal Spirits of the Sun: avg spirit: 1316 (733 mp5), static int: 1152
    Normal Relic of Chi'ji: avg spirit: 1345 (749 mp5), static int: 1157
    Upgraded Relic of Chi'ji: avg spirit: 1450 (807 mp5), static int: 1247

No matter how you shape or form this, Relic of Chi'ji, even without upgrades, is superior to normal Spirits of the Sun. Unless all you care about is iLvL ofcourse.

And the other raiding trinkets dont even come close.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    Can't decide if its worth upgrading, access to tsulong normal/hc will trinkets... I do love spirit procs for rapture though
    Granted Rapture is based on actual spirit, having a trinket with a higher ICD thus higher spirit value might in the long run actually result in a higher mana return, i dont know. The fact remains that upgraded Relic of Chi'ji is amazingly good.
    Last edited by mmocf1e65def16; 2012-11-30 at 10:55 PM.