Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Talking Minor QoL features that you would love.

"there n point in arguing coz everyone has there own opinion" - WoW/Alterac Valley - Random guy
    Last edited by mmoc43a41370c8; 2015-05-25 at 08:14 PM.

1. Get gear for all companions from quests, not just one companion. Be so much easier to deal with equipment rather checking to see which one needs the item all the time.

2. Companions don't use AoE if you CC something. This would allow you to enable the aoe abilities, rather than turning them on and off, or ignoring them.

I wish they'd fix some of the problems with the character's appearances. Like when you scratch your chin and it looks like you just popped out a pair of dentures, or Khem's sword which seems to be stuck in his back, or when your pants show through the back of your robe when you run.

Intelligent re-targetting for companions. Sticky targetting, meaning they won't attacking anything other than what you have commanded them to attack. So frustrating when Kira will keep targetting the companion of an enemy rather than the enemy. Even if taunted, she should attack the taunted target for the duration and then resume attacking the primary target.

A 10 second cast ability that removes you from combat, because getting stuck in combat due to flying near another persons fight is damned frustrating, and waiting until the fight is over because you haven't a clue where it is gets REALLY OLD. Yes this could be nice in warzones too, but if everyone had it I don't think it will be imbalanced.

Adjustment for how many open windows can be on the screen. Limiting it to two is just ridiculous, and at times companions coming back can be downright frustrating. Allow windows to overlap, allow them to minimize, etc etc. Just don't limit us to two.

Fix Ilum, use ideas from the original AV and make it a long term battle with large rewards from sticking around and fighting. Make winning epic, and give benefits for winning. Vendors, dailies, etc etc. Limit the number of players to balance low Republic pop realms and promote Imp's rolling republic. God Ilum could have been so epic. Allow companions as NPC's for use when population is not balanced to balance pop. Use up to a players maximum companion limit( Not player controlled, but the player may see the companions fighting and join in).
    Last edited by Elgand; 2012-11-28 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat log in-game. Thats really all I want. Also an easier-to-use ingame meter instead of just an overlay.

No, definitely not an epeen meter. With current content and the amount of min/maxing a lot of us are doing- an in-game meter would be SO much easier to work with. It would literally save me and my guildees hours if there was one implemented.

I'd like to be able to give my companions gifts while onboard my ship, instead of having to exit it, give them the gift, then get back on to use the mailbox/talk to them for the next-quest-up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Combat log in-game. Thats really all I want. Also an easier-to-use ingame meter instead of just an overlay.

No, definitely not an epeen meter. With current content and the amount of min/maxing a lot of us are doing- an in-game meter would be SO much easier to work with. It would literally save me and my guildees hours if there was one implemented.
    This. Would love to know on the fly how my healing is going.

power auras are top on my list since launch. starinz at the buff bar all the time is just tedious

Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    Adjustment for how many open windows can be on the screen. Limiting it to two is just ridiculous, and at times companions coming back can be downright frustrating. Allow windows to overlap, allow them to minimize, etc etc. Just don't limit us to two.
    This 100 Trillion times!!!

It is so completely fucking retarded trying to use the "Global Trade Network" when the moment you open your character screen it closes your inventory and the GTN

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    power auras are top on my list since launch. starinz at the buff bar all the time is just tedious
    Is duplicity up?

Lets see... That red box is sith warrior buff. That red box is my AP adrenal. That red box is my stacks of slash. Oh, there it is! Duplicity. Time to backstab.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ability to teleport to any quick travel points on a planet from your space ship. It would also solve the problem of middle man space stations.

I mean we have the technology for machines to teleport us on the planet, resurrect us from the dead and teleport us, but we can't fly our ship to a planet and be whisked down by some other vehicle/teleport?

That would save a lot of people time and loading screens. Naturally it could share a cooldown with quick travel, which is upgradable with legacy/cartel market stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    This 100 Trillion times!!!

It is so completely fucking retarded trying to use the "Global Trade Network" when the moment you open your character screen it closes your inventory and the GTN
    there is no such limit.

Last edited by Odegon; 2012-11-29 at 02:35 PM.

Remove the faction station. Remove the planet stations. Make the capital planets better and place their landing stations in the heart of the city.

Remove ranks of abilities. Make them all scale like talent abilities.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I'd love to do nm/hm EV and KP without worry that the f'ing boss will bug out. After more than a year, going back to beta, the boss bugs are still persistent.

I'd love to do ops with my guild and get the weekly's done without having to do some wonky weird round about way to get credit.

I'd love to engage in combat without ability lag, again issues which have been persistent since beta.

Just like get rid of all the intermediary loading screens. Why are there 3-4 loading screens when I want to go to the train dummies?

It's total nonsense.

- Quick travel, works anywhere and to anywhere.

- Speeders, get rid of 'em. Just have QT points in their place.

- Consolidate the fleet. I don't need an elevator [LOADING] to dock before going to the Ziost Shadow dock [LOADING] before going up another elevator [LOADING] before I can walk into a zone [LOADING].

- Import & export settings per individual character. It's really cumbersome having to reset settings for each character.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    I understand your PoV concerning the orbital stations as they are indeed tedious due to the loading screens mostly, but I personally would prefer less "quick" mobility on the worlds and keep travel as a non-trivial activity, already the travel points on the planets make mobility a minor issue which only takes a minor amount of time, if anything, IMO, travel points should be reduced in number =)

In the "other game" travel has been a trivial activity for so long that hardly anyone with a flying mount is affected by anything in the world, in SWTOR the travel nodes somewhat mimic this and it pretty much destroys consequence of locality/interaction on the planets between players and as a result should be avoided as much as possible.
    If this was an open world for exploration I would agree with you. However this is the most bricked off MMO i've ever played. Traveling after a landing is already an experiment in tedium. Mount speeds are far too slow. Even the fastest mount feels like I'm walking compared to every other game out there. The caveat being that they don't really have that much of the world out there. Which brings us in a circle back to my first two setences.

I've always had some thoughts on certain things that I feel could improve gameplay and or depth. Normally I wouldn't bother posting because I doubt it will even be seen by the relevant people, but I've been encouraged to post some of my ideas by friends.

Light and Dark side choices should matter more! - Specifically what I mean by this is something a little bit more than just a title, and some corruption on the face in the case of Dark V. How about actual things that impact your character more? For example, if you reach Dark V as a Jedi Knight, maybe you get Force Choke instead of Force Stasis. I have put some thought into this and will detail it by class.

Jedi Knight - Dark V - Force Stasis morphs into Force Choke.
    Sith Warrior - Light V - Force Scream morphs into Blade Storm.

Jedi Consular - Dark V - Telekinetic throw morphs into Force Lightning.
    Sith Inquisitor - Light V - Shock morphs into Project.

Trooper - Dark V - Stockstrike morphs into Rocket Punch.
    Bounty Hunter - Light V - Explosive Dart morphs into Sticky Grenade.

Smuggler - Dark V - Sabotage Charge morphs into Explosive Probe.
    Imperial Agent - Light V - Debilitate morphs into Dirty Kick.

Let classes have access to more weapon types! - This is a pretty big one, and it wouldn't necessarily work for all classes, but it could definitely add depth to some of them.

-Make a new type of gun: Shotgun.

-Vanguards/Powertechs should be able to use Shotguns and Blaster Rifles. Being at close range, a Shotgun just makes more sense than a Rifle.

-Let Commandos/Mercenaries use Blaster Rifles. I would love it if my Merc could equip a Rifle.

-This idea would obviously do little for Force users, create more diverse Lightsabers, we've seen what you can do to the particle effects on the blades, do it more often, make some really unique ones, more unique hilts that stand out.

Cartel Market Features - Yes it's new, yes I'm happy with it, but here is some potential things that could easily be added:

-Character Re-Customization
    -Race Change
    -New Cyborg customizations
    -Hair styles
    -New ship models
    -Visual ship upgrades (interior and exterior)

Add chat bubbles!

Add an option to save and auto-load different "presets" of gear you already have. Like in WoW. Then add more RP-type gear, like town clothes, or Station/Ship clothes!

These are just some ideas that I think could add a lot of depth to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Make personal speeders 2x faster than they presently are. Look how fast they traveled in the movies and these planets are not exactly small.
    - Shift-click items into the GTN search fields. This lack of a feature absolutely DRIVES ME NUTS!!!
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    It was always top of my list too.

Loading screens, loading screens, and more loading screens

If there is one thing I wish they could get rid of, or at least lesson the amount of, it is the loading screens.